ImageImageImageImageImage

We will win next 6/7 games starting sunday against cavs

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Re: 7 game win streak starts sunday against cavs 

Post#21 » by deNIEd » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 am

anarchy24 wrote:One game a time. Got to get a win against Cleveland at home. If they lose this... I'm sure they will win!! #Istillbelieve

I don't understand the whole homerism of going on major win streaks.

Just win the games you are supposed to win (Cle, Mil, etc.) and play the elite/playoff teams hard and the Lakers should be fine.

However, if the Lakers start dropping games like Cleveland or anymore games against non-playoff competition, then the playoffs would become a distant dream.
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#22 » by rand0m » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 am

We'll have to be playing really well to beat Miami, Chicago and Memphis. I'd be ecstatic if they took 1-2 of those 3 and won the rest.
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#23 » by GAME TIME » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:43 am

Good call op

6 more games to go.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,410

Post#24 » by Slava » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:18 am

Houston on a 3 game skid, with Oklahoma and Clippers coming up on a back to back.

Utah, Portland & MInny all lost today with the only bad news being Denver winning 3 games coming from a deficit. Great time for us to make a run.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#25 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:28 am

I don't know if they'll win 7 in a row, and they don't need to.
They just need to put wins together consistently, like 4 of 5, or 5 of 7.
They also need to avoid losing streaks of more than 2 games.
I really don't care if they lose to Miami, but they do need to beat everyone else.
Formerly lakerRD
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#26 » by GeneralNash » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:44 pm

GAME TIME wrote:Good call op

6 more games to go.

Yep, dominated the cavs. Bucks will be dominated if the Lakers play anything like they did yesterday. One thing Lakers need to do is minimize the turnovers however.

Sent via tapatalk 2
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#27 » by AcecardZ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:53 pm

The Lakers crushed yesterday because they shot approx 50% from beyond the arc. They'll consistently crush any any opponent that comes along if they continue to shoot like that. The problem is we know they won't. For whatever reason we're one of the most inconsistent perimeter shooting teams in the league. We consistently get wide open looks but we just can't consistently knock them down..

At least with Clark in the lineup we're somewhat more athletic and this should help to limit the number of runouts teams get against us.

How is it Clark can come in and play as well or better than Pau or Jordan yet never get any playing time prior to either of those two being injured?

So far this year Earl is rockin' a 16 PER... Please no regression to the mean.... Pretty please!!! Lol
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#28 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:52 am

I don't know what all the fear of Miami is about, if you've seen them play over the last few games you'd see they're not playing lights out ball and destroying teams. We still present a whole bunch of problems for them up front even if Pau doesn't play. That said I still think we should move on maybe Kenyon Martin, just to have another big who's active and for the depth....it's not about what points he scores.

What I mean by active, I mean that in a defensive tone. I don't trust waiting to see if Jamison does it.

Also I agree with what AcecardZ said about Clark, he's better up front for us and gives us a dimension we lacked.

And as far as a winning streak, I cosign on what lakerRD said.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#29 » by ShowTimeERA » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:58 am

deNIEd wrote:
anarchy24 wrote:One game a time. Got to get a win against Cleveland at home. If they lose this... I'm sure they will win!! #Istillbelieve

I don't understand the whole homerism of going on major win streaks.

Just win the games you are supposed to win (Cle, Mil, etc.) and play the elite/playoff teams hard and the Lakers should be fine.

However, if the Lakers start dropping games like Cleveland or anymore games against non-playoff competition, then the playoffs would become a distant dream.

That ship sailed months ago..LA needs to win the majority of games against playoff teams, not just play hard. The schedule in April is brutal...Only positive is most games are at home...

Still, 1 game at a time......
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#30 » by rand0m » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:28 am

We never had the shooters to be consistent around the perimeter in the first place. It's nice to see a glimpse of what it would be like if we did though.

As for fearing Miami, they aren't particularly scary because they are Miami, but more like any decent playoff team right now is a scary matchup when every game is a must win. I'm nervous about them all :/
GeneralNash
Banned User

Post#31 » by GeneralNash » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:10 pm

Hey guess what.. 2 games in a row today...bucks going down.

Sent via tapatalk 2
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#32 » by AdonisDeMarion » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Memphis and Golden State will drop a bit in the standings. Denver will move into the top 4 and Houston, Minnesota, Utah and Portland will drop off they don't have the talent to keep playing this way. We have 45 games left, so I'm pulling for 48-53 wins from this team. I would like to also play the Spurs in the first round so we need to push for the 6th or 7th seeds. I also believe we don't need home court advantage to win. Let's not forget this is the same team everyone expected to murder everyone in the NBA. I believe this team will be ready for a deep run with or without Gasol in the mix. One last thing Thunder, Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies, Warrior or Nuggets want to see us during the playoffs.
RyanStorm
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#33 » by RyanStorm » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Your toughest challenges will be against the defensive savvy MEM, and the striding Jazz.

The rest are winnable, assuming Lakers can fix the few issues their having, and continue the great things they are doing.

As for playoffs...I don't think POR or HOU can hold on...I believe Jazz and Lakers will move up, Denver will continue to move up, and MEM and GS will move down. Still just take out POR and HOU, and add in Jazz and Lakers, put all 8 in any order, and you got your playoff teams. However, I only really believe the Jazz will make it. Lakers have a lot to work on, and one win doesn't excuse all those losses, because they were going to bite you in the ass in the end.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#34 » by Run-MKE 311 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:36 pm

At some point there needs to be a long run, 6-8 game winning streak. Right now I cannot see it from the Lakers, but I have been wrong before.
Ball so hard.
RyanStorm
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#35 » by RyanStorm » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Run-MKE 311 wrote:At some point there needs to be a long run, 6-8 game winning streak. Right now I cannot see it from the Lakers, but I have been wrong before.

Right now, just for 8th, POR would need to lose 4 in a row, and Lakers would need 4 wins in a row..but even then you still got MINN and UTA riding the 9th and 10th position. So at this point, Lakers need POR, UTA and MINN to all lose. I don't think that is gonna to happen all at once.
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#36 » by ShowTimeERA » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 am

As long as LA takes care of business this evening, they will more than likely be 3 games behind Houston (assuming they lose against the Clippers). Then you have Denver and Portland battling it out tonight. All in all, tomorrow morning LA can potentially be 3 games behind the 7th and 8th seed (A game ago, they were 5 games behind)...
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#37 » by GAME TIME » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:46 am

Easier said and done. Never doubted you for a second OP. Good to see some Laker fans have some balls and make a bold prediction. Miami is next, 5 more wins to go
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#38 » by AcecardZ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:35 am

2 down 5 to go. Very nice team effort tonight...!!!
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
GeneralNash
Banned User

Post#39 » by GeneralNash » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:18 am

3 Game win Streak coming up against the Heat...uh oh I said it.

I don't think I really need to reiterate how important it is to minimize turnovers against the Heat. No fast break points!
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#40 » by Kobe System » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 am

GeneralNash wrote:3 Game win Streak coming up against the Heat...uh oh I said it.

I don't think I really need to reiterate how important it is to minimize turnovers against the Heat. No fast break points!

:roll:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers