Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,462

Re: First Time in LA for Bucks Game! 

Post#21 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:28 am

AcecardZ wrote:
I take hot wings seriously also and I was way disappointed when I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time two months ago. The food there was downright awful!

If you're in Vegas there is a spot called Miller's Alehouse in Town Square that has phenomenal boneless buffalo chicken strips.

As far as chicken wings go they can't be those steroided out wings. They must be small, slightly crispy and flavored just right. If it looks more like a chicken leg than a chicken wing it's probably no good.

haha, you're probably not a fan of hooters wings.

and i really like buffalo wild wings fries, simple and delicious. wings aren't anything special. im actually making wings right now, i make a mean wing if i may say so myself.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#22 » by TyCobb » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:03 am

The BWW by my work is also awful, but I think that place is more about atmosphere than food.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
LA_Sports
Junior
And1: 12

Post#23 » by LA_Sports » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:43 am

I don't for the traditional flavor buffalo wings. So to me buffalo wild wings is ok because of the variety. Haha Plus I have to go all the time due to my fiancé being addicted to it.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#24 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:54 am

turkey burger?

how does anyone swallow that dry tasteless meat down?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#25 » by TyCobb » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:56 am

With a bunch of hot sauce.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
cbrown32
Junior

Post#26 » by cbrown32 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:34 am

dockingsched wrote:get the hell outta here with the habit is as good as five guys. the habit sucks, no better than jim's burgers at any corner.

anyways, five guys with some grilled mushrooms, yummy. their cajun fries are the best.

Wack. Habit's the best of em all. Best onion rings in the world.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#27 » by Slava » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:44 am

We got this chain called Smashburger in Houston, which is pretty nice, god options for vegetarians like me :)

The best part is the fries though, they make fries with garlic and olive oil.

http://smashburger.com
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LA_Sports
Junior

Post#28 » by LA_Sports » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:19 am

Aki wrote:turkey burger?

how does anyone swallow that dry tasteless meat down?

With melted cheese and bacon, like Carl's... Duh lol
LA_Sports
Junior

Post#29 » by LA_Sports » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:22 am

Garlic fries are awesome.. They make good one's at the stadium the SF Giants play in.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#30 » by The Laker Kid » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:31 am

Wingstop's the bomb bro... it's also the official wings of the LAKE SHOW, so yeah, gotta try it. My favorite's Cajun and Lemon Pepper.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
LA_Sports
Junior

Post#31 » by LA_Sports » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:37 am

The Laker Kid wrote:Wingstop's the bomb bro... it's also the official wings of the LAKE SHOW, so yeah, gotta try it. My favorite's Cajun and Lemon Pepper.

They have good fries because they put sugar on them.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#32 » by AcecardZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:31 am

dockingsched wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:
I take hot wings seriously also and I was way disappointed when I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time two months ago. The food there was downright awful!

If you're in Vegas there is a spot called Miller's Alehouse in Town Square that has phenomenal boneless buffalo chicken strips.

As far as chicken wings go they can't be those steroided out wings. They must be small, slightly crispy and flavored just right. If it looks more like a chicken leg than a chicken wing it's probably no good.

haha, you're probably not a fan of hooters wings.

and i really like buffalo wild wings fries, simple and delicious. wings aren't anything special. im actually making wings right now, i make a mean wing if i may say so myself.

Hooters wings are not bad at all but I prefer their boneless buffalo chicken strips..
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#33 » by AcecardZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:41 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Five Guys is whack as hell.....In N Out is cool, but being the health nut I am it's the turkey burger for me at Fat Burger.

Fatburger is the best burger in LA... I don't do turkey burgers though so I'm pretty sure Deep will outlive me... Hold things down when I'm gone Deep! ;)
Lol...I was taking down burgers like that back in the day Ace! But eventually I got smarter about my well being. You will too one day.

Heck back in the day me and my boys use to throw down on this burger called the Colossal burger....two patties, pastrami, chili and cheese with the rest of the works ! That was fuel before we hit the hardwood!

Speaking of "back in the day" I have a little annecdote for you I may have shared before but hopefully not...

Back in 1985ish.. May have been '86. I was still in high school in Santa Monica and one night was out with some buddies driving down Wilshire blvd in Brentwood heading towards SM when my buddy Clayton looked over and said "hey that's Magic in that brown Mercedes". We looked over and sure enough it was Magic. We were at Wilshire and San V heading West. We rolled down the window and got him to roll down the passenger window and talk for a few seconds before the light changed, unfortunately he had no extra tickets on him :(, and off he went. We Fatburger on Wilshire and 23rd st. stayed open late and we were all starved so we headed to our fave burger joint. When we got there Magic was seated waiting for his order. Not sure how he beat us because we drove like maniacs but I digress... We got our orders in and sat down. After a few minutes in walked this gorgeous model looking blonde and she takes a seat next to Magic... Must have been nice to be Magic back in the 80's..

Oh and some of you might not know this but he went on to be part owner of the Fathurger chain. The man knows a good burger when he tastes one... He knows a beautiful girl too!! ;)
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#34 » by Doormatt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 pm

fatburger is good, i like in n out more though, their food tastes much more fresh. idk ive only had five guys twice and i thought it blew.

but i mean if youre coming to LA theres like WAY better places to eat than fast food joints. it just depends what part of LA youre going to be staying in or be around.
#doorgek
Kobe Bean
Banned User
And1: 59

Post#35 » by Kobe Bean » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:24 pm

OT but I've been waiting for 2 years for Vapiano to open here in LA

I hope they get it done this year bc both the atmosphere and food is fantastic (at least in europe, havent checked out the US franchises)
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#36 » by Lost Angel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:41 pm

gotta go with In N Out on this one....not a big fan of 5 guys.

also, why isn't Tommy's Original World Famous Hamburgers getting any love? I always hit that place up for a couple chili cheese burgers when I go to Staples.

also if you randomly end up in the Carson area, check out Johnny's Pastrami. unreal. and surprisingly they have excellent fried chicken as well.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#37 » by Doormatt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:42 pm

because tommy's is **** awful if youre not drunk.
#doorgek
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#38 » by Lost Angel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:49 pm

i never said i was sober ;)
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,462

Post#39 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:09 pm

LA_Sports wrote:Garlic fries are awesome.. They make good one's at the stadium the SF Giants play in.

i had em, gilroy's garlic fries. they are without a doubt the best.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#40 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 am

dockingsched wrote:anyways, five guys with some grilled mushrooms, yummy. their cajun fries are the best.

oh man i thought their food was so overrated for how pricey it is and their cajun fries were alright but you really can't mess up cajun fries u'kno

DEEP wrote:Five Guys is whack as hell.....In N Out is cool, but being the health nut I am it's the turkey burger for me at Fat Burger.

i like your style deep

Return to Los Angeles Lakers