ImageImageImageImage

OT Gortat's Quotes on being Dunked on by KD

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

OT Gortat's Quotes on being Dunked on by KD 

Post#1 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:30 pm

These were pretty good, had to share:

Durant punctuated the rim with the highlight of the night when he drove past Michael Beasley on the perimeter and exploded to the rim before dunking right in the grill of Gortat. It was a superstar play and the perfect capper on a night the Suns just ran into two of the best players in the NBA on one of their better nights.
“Well first of all, I was looking for my car keys under the basket,” Gortat said. “I was trying to find my car keys because I lost them over there, so I was just looking for it. And Michael Beasley is going to get Krispy Kremes for the rest of the season for sure for me.
“It happens. The funny thing is that when [Kendrick] Perkins was standing under the basket he looked at me and I looked at him, and he said, ‘I know how it feels.’ He said, ‘Guards left you on the island, huh?’ And I said, ‘Yeah.’
“Listen, it happens. I am not going to deny that was probably the top three dunks of the year, right? I mean at least I am going to be out there. I mean, I am just going to try to be silly about it. I am not going to cry. It is just part of the game.
“When he took off off one foot, I didn’t even lift my hands up, I already knew what was going to happen. I just tried to get out of the picture, or at least smile. It was bad defense, and then bad rotation, bad help. You can’t do anything.”

Read more: http://valleyofthesuns.com/2013/01/15/o ... z2I3RaATV3
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,293

Re: OT Gortat's Quotes on being Dunked on by KD 

Post#2 » by Jiwol » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:41 pm

If more players were as honest as Gortat, it would be so much more interesting in the League. Great find.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:58 pm

That right there is the freaking best! Classic!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYCikDXSTZc[/youtube]

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#4 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:12 pm

:rofl2:
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#5 » by Def Swami » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Nyce_1 wrote::rofl2:

:rofl: the Perkins empathy is hilarious
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#6 » by RYgoBOOM » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 pm

lmao love it
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,378

Post#7 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Het guys! Sunsfan here, Would you guys be interested in a trade with us in wich you get gortat back? And what kind of value would he have for your team? I know you guys have vucevic who is playing pretty awesome! But I also realize that gortat was kind of a fan favorite there too. So essentially, what would his value be to you guys in a trade?
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#8 » by OrlandO » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:42 pm

lol @ perkins slapping durant in the head twice after
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#9 » by OrlandO » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:Het guys! Sunsfan here, Would you guys be interested in a trade with us in wich you get gortat back? And what kind of value would he have for your team? I know you guys have vucevic who is playing pretty awesome! But I also realize that gortat was kind of a fan favorite there too. So essentially, what would his value be to you guys in a trade?

He'll be 29 next month... we have 22yr old Vucevic playing very well, so not very interested in Gortat unless the suns just want to give him away for peanuts.
the-diesel
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#10 » by the-diesel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Like the sense of humor showed by Gortat. HAHA. good stuff.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,378

Post#11 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:55 pm

OrlandO wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Het guys! Sunsfan here, Would you guys be interested in a trade with us in wich you get gortat back? And what kind of value would he have for your team? I know you guys have vucevic who is playing pretty awesome! But I also realize that gortat was kind of a fan favorite there too. So essentially, what would his value be to you guys in a trade?

He'll be 29 next month... we have 22yr old Vucevic playing very well, so not very interested in Gortat unless the suns just want to give him away for peanuts.

Yeah, So true... :-? Ohhh well. Thanks anyways guys! Good luck with getting a top 3 pick this year too.
I sure hope we somehow land in the top 5 myself.We could really use a premiere lotto talent right about now.

:D later. :wink:
Hon-essim
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Hon-essim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 am

Right now this team needs a Gasol or a Gortat as a leader so I'm for it but this is not a forum that listens to it's minorities plus it's not like Orlando GMs have shown a history of listening to their fans.

This is not a trade that will happen but I'm one of the few Magic fans who is willing to overvalue Gortat.

The way I see it, Magics do not only receive a vet:

a) They receive a player who knows the differences between the two Orlando coaches severely. His skillset and role is not so varied from Nikola that Gortat won't pick up the difference in the new coaching staff but he knows and has bought in to SVG so he is a player who knows the ins and outs of a bad team, a great Orlando team and what a good rebuilding Orlando team lacks and have. If there's ever one returning Orlando Magic player that can be said to be the total package of what this team needs, it's Gortat.

b) He has proven true outspoken leadership without requiring the ball like Davis, being a feel good scorer like Jameer or a man on an island who happens to pass on a bad team like Redick. Gortat is the one player SVG improved fundamentally without asking to pass or shoot and he has grown since then as a positive locker room leader that knows how to better work with his teammates without being hated on by the fanbase unlike BBD.

c) Gortat is one of those players who recognize how to be a great leader without being a vocal leader. He's not as decorated as Pau but he does not have the mental issues either. Fundamentally he is the only player on the Magic right now who can lead by just shuffling his foot on the floor. There is no other leader who can make the team feel like they are leading this team if he scores 0-12 other than Gortat. I'll even account bet that if Orlando loses by 30 to a team and Gortat scores 0-12, if Gortat is still the same Gortat, the team will still fight hard and rally towards his words in the locker room Tim Duncan style.

The issue is not really on Orlando but what other players would Phoenix want from Orlando.

Straight up, I'd do the trade but Nikola's value is higher. (Straight up as in Orlando loses another player to allow for a 2 for 1 trade in which Orlando only gets Gortat.)
Gerhalt11 wrote:What? He produces better results than he should? Fire that guy!

No coach. No GM. Probably no star. I swear, in my 23 years of following this team, I can't name a stranger time than this moment to be a supporter of the Magic.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#13 » by RookieStar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 am

Gortat coming back? why not?

Problem is the price though... they want hedo? lol
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#14 » by Devin 1L » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:58 pm

Gortat: "When he took off off one foot, I didn’t even lift my hands up, I already knew what was going to happen. I just tried to get out of the picture, or at least smile."

Hahaha!

That's sig worthy.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#15 » by fendilim » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 am

lol. gotta love how candid Gortat is.

Return to Orlando Magic