ImageImage

Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: Ersan trade eligibility on January 15th 

Post#61 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:14 pm

DrugBust wrote:If he's a 10/6 player at 26 minutes with crazy efficiency and the Bucks are much better with him on the court, they would be dumb to move him unless they're getting an obvious all-star in return.

The Bucks have seven guys who could play the PF position right now. If you want to whittle that down, I've seen people here argue we should see LRMAM, Ersan, Udoh and Henson. If you want to go further, I think the best rotation is Ersan, Henson and that's it.

He's been getting 26 minutes a night since Boylan took over. Given the current front court situation I think that's pretty close to perfect.

Exactly - Im fine with Ersan getting 28 mins and Henson getting 20
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#62 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:23 pm

The problem I have with Ersan is he is not this advanced stat machine consistently. He's 10 and 5 in 20 minutes some games and looks solid, he's 4-14 some games and can't throw the ball into an ocean, he looks like the Ersan of last season some games, he's 1-5 and completely invisible on the court some games. Last season Ersan played with much higher efficiency, with much more consistency, with a much bigger role. I mean even if you cut X amount of games from the start of the season, he still had a quite a few games like that throughout this season, he just strung those bad games together rather then sporadically like happened after. He has shaky confidence in his game and it shows on the court quite often. He just isn't close to the guy I thought we'd be getting for $8 million a year.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#63 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:The problem I have with Ersan is he is not this advanced stat machine consistently. He's 10 and 5 in 20 minutes some games and looks solid, he's 4-14 some games and can't throw the ball into an ocean, he looks like the Ersan of last season some games, he's 1-5 and completely invisible on the court some games. Last season Ersan played with much higher efficiency, with much more consistency, with a much bigger role. I mean even if you cut X amount of games from the start of the season, he still had a quite a few games like that throughout this season, he just strung those bad games together rather then sporadically like happened after. He has shaky confidence in his game and it shows on the court quite often. He just isn't close to the guy I thought we'd be getting for $8 million a year.

I believe that was due to skiles. If he messed up, he would pull him and not play him much anymore
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#64 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:I believe that was due to skiles. If he messed up, he would pull him and not play him much anymore

And maybe he rebounds, but his four games under Boylan where he's started and got consistent minutes he's been the same person.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#65 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:37 am

ESPN insider trade suggestion

Bucks trade Ilyasova for Marion

Ilyasova's struggling this season after signing a big deal during the summer ($7.9 million guaranteed through each of the next three seasons), and Milwaukee's feeling some buyer's regret. However, sitting on the fringe of playoff contention, Marion's defense and savvy could elevate the Bucks past the seventh or eighth seed.

For Dallas, Ilyasova is nine years younger and three inches taller than Marion, a rugged rebounder who's rare in that he can also step out and shoot the jumper. For a team that ranks last in the NBA in rebound rate -- the Mavs pull down just 47.6 percent of missed shots -- this is exactly the type of skill set they could use.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#66 » by Jez2983 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 am

mlloyd10 wrote:ESPN insider trade suggestion

Bucks trade Ilyasova for Marion

Ilyasova's struggling this season after signing a big deal during the summer ($7.9 million guaranteed through each of the next three seasons), and Milwaukee's feeling some buyer's regret. However, sitting on the fringe of playoff contention, Marion's defense and savvy could elevate the Bucks past the seventh or eighth seed.

For Dallas, Ilyasova is nine years younger and three inches taller than Marion, a rugged rebounder who's rare in that he can also step out and shoot the jumper. For a team that ranks last in the NBA in rebound rate -- the Mavs pull down just 47.6 percent of missed shots -- this is exactly the type of skill set they could use.

Wow, Marion's old. No thanks. He was a good defender, but I wouldn't be so sure now that he's losing his athleticism.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#67 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:11 pm

id trade ersan for marion in a blink!! the expiring alone would be worth it..... a marion rental this year would be a bonus. allows you to move mam back to the 4.

right now ersan is useless. i want his money back before were completely stuck.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#68 » by CanadaBucks » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:id trade ersan for marion in a blink!! the expiring alone would be worth it..... a marion rental this year would be a bonus. allows you to move mam back to the 4.

right now ersan is useless. i want his money back before were completely stuck.
He is owed 9m next year.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#69 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm

The Marion impact could be significant. His numbers continue to improve throughout the year.

While acquiring a 34 year old player is a bit scary, he might be able to provide a more consistent option.

Further you shed the last two years of Ersan's contract. Not my first choice but I might be able to live with it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#70 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 pm

The Ersan - Marion deal makes no sense for Dallas. For one where do they play Ersan? Do they slide Dirk to Center? Second, earlier in the article they point out that Dallas wants to clear salary so they can make a run at FA this offseason. They'll trade Marion+young player for an expiring. They aren't looking to take on contract $. I wouldn't mind sliding Ellis their way as they could talk him into opting out with the promise to resign him once they get a few FA in the fold like SA did with RJ, and we could get a younger version of him back in Roddy+Marion, but I don't think that's enough return on Ellis. Marion at SF and Dunleavy at SG would be interesting to watch the rest of the season and we could probably work a buyout with Marion this summer on the last year of his contract but that would probably impact the amnesty of Gooden. Of course if you can get Pau for Ersan+Gooden+Dalembert, and then get Marion+Roddy+pick? for Ellis things might be a little more interesting.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#71 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:05 pm

I was thinking about Marion when some of this Dallas stuff came up. I was thinking they may take an expiring for him. That guy can still play a bit and would help the Bucks out this season and next.

I like where Doc is going above.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#72 » by Nebula1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Pass on Marion
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#73 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Dallas has no problem taking back Ersan's contract. They literally have only two players under contract for next year, Dirk and Marion. That's it. More than enough money for the max offers to at least two guys.

I'd just be curious to see Marion here. He'd juice things up a bit for us if we want a playoff run.

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#74 » by emunney » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Marion was my favorite player in the league around 8 years ago. LRMAM-esque defender with the jumper to play the 3 and the rebounding to play the 4. True multi-position stud.

Now he's just a guy. I don't think he'd juice us up.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#75 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Dallas has no problem taking back Ersan's contract. They literally have only two players under contract for next year, Dirk and Marion. That's it. More than enough money for the max offers to at least two guys.

I'd just be curious to see Marion here. He'd juice things up a bit for us if we want a playoff run.

but where does he play? Off the bench behind Dirk?

Spoiler:

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#76 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Dallas has no problem taking back Ersan's contract. They literally have only two players under contract for next year, Dirk and Marion. That's it. More than enough money for the max offers to at least two guys.

but where does he play? Off the bench behind Dirk?

I think he could play some center alongside Dirk. They can both go inside outside and cause some matchup issues. And we've seen Ersan do well when he's the man under the hoop. Plus Ersan is the spacer to help lure Diwght in the off season.

I'm not seeing any huge benefit for Dallas other than Cuban may want to collect some assets right now, even if they aren't home runs. And he's not giving up anything for him. Marion has zero value for most teams right now.

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#77 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm

emunney wrote:Marion was my favorite player in the league around 8 years ago. LRMAM-esque defender with the jumper to play the 3 and the rebounding to play the 4. True multi-position stud.

Now he's just a guy. I don't think he'd juice us up.

Agree with you there. Marion can still hit the 3 but Moute is a better defender. In the end we are adding more mediocre depth and pushing the coach into bigger rotations while sliding Harris to 3rd on the depth chart.

I keep forgetting Moute is on the team.

Spoiler:

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#78 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:12 pm

DocHoliday wrote:

I do as well. Don't want to trade him, but I still believe he'd garner a high price from a contender.

For those of you that watch OKC a lot, could Moute garner that Raptors pick from them? Or Lamb?

I know some on here would laugh. But if you've got Moute to guard LeBron or Wade in the Finals, that's the type of thing that is easily worth it to OKC versus some future asset.

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#79 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:44 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:

I do as well. Don't want to trade him, but I still believe he'd garner a high price from a contender.

For those of you that watch OKC a lot, could Moute garner that Raptors pick from them? Or Lamb?

I know some on here would laugh. But if you've got Moute to guard LeBron or Wade in the Finals, that's the type of thing that is easily worth it to OKC versus some future asset.

I think that you are in the right value range and definitely on the right track. My guess is that they counter with Thabo+Perry Jones and I probably wouldn't take that deal.

Spoiler:

mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#80 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:53 pm

I like the idea of getting lamb for Moute, but you need to include a 3rd team to make salaries work. 1 trade that i came up with was:

Suns get: Perkins/Raptors pick
Thunder get: Gortat/Moute
Bucks get: Lamb

The suns then would have potentially 3 lottery picks then

Return to Milwaukee Bucks