Kobe chopper

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Johnny Kilroy
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Kobe chopper 

Post#1 » by Johnny Kilroy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 pm

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/73 ... ce=twitter

can someone please explain to me how taking a helicopter to work saves kobe's knees?

would his knees otherwise get damaged walking from the parking lot into staples center?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Re: Kobe chopper 

Post#2 » by dockingsched » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 am

instead of sitting in the traffic hell that is the 405 for an hr or two, he can get to the lakers facility or stay late at staples to do this:

"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#3 » by AcecardZ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 am

Kobe is very tall at 6'6" and it wouldn't surprise me to learn long car rides hurt his knees. I know he could easily get his car seat custom fitted but just sitting in a driving position for long periods of time can be tough on a guy who's knees take the pounding his take on a nightly basis.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
billy_21
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#4 » by billy_21 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am

I'm sure Kobe has his knees on ice every chance he gets, taking a helicopter to the staples centre would give him more time to spend working on his body. Whatever his doing its working, 17 yrs in the league is proof enough
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#5 » by Speedlot » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 am

Similar to how Phil Jackson back pains comes from traveling etc. It hurts to be sitting in a sense. Even for your Knees. The copter reduces that.
LA_Sports
Junior
And1: 12

Post#6 » by LA_Sports » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 am

Who cares if it helps or not... That is pretty sick, only Kobe could pull that off. If you got it spend it.
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#7 » by H00PDREAMS » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:32 am

Makes sense ya know. I know people in different professions that use their own funds to pay for personal perks that help them do their job easier. When I was in the Army soldiers would buy their own gear sometimes cos it was better or more comfortable than what you were issued. Before Macs were popular I knew a graphic designer that brought in his own personal Powerbook Pro ( MacBook Pro) to do design work cos the company wouldnt fork out the money to buy the staff Apple hardware. So its not too crazy to pay 2Gs to get to and from games. He gets paid enough.

Don't see why he wouldn't just buy a copter with a pilot. Wouldn't that be cheaper. Or how about an pimped out Motor-home that's basically a rehab center and spa inside.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,410

Post#8 » by Slava » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 pm

He actually owns that chopper.

Also he doesn't fly directly to Staples, he actually gets to a hotel in downtown LA in the afternoon and takes a nap for like 3 hours before getting to the arena, warming up and eating a pre-game meal of chicken and rice. He has a very planned, set routine that he rarely deviates from.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Johnny Kilroy
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#9 » by Johnny Kilroy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:33 am

The chopper is unnecessary. He could just as easily rent a limo at a tenth of the cost.
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#10 » by TruSkool » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:45 am

H00PDREAMS wrote:Makes sense ya know. I know people in different professions that use their own funds to pay for personal perks that help them do their job easier. When I was in the Army soldiers would buy their own gear sometimes cos it was better or more comfortable than what you were issued. Before Macs were popular I knew a graphic designer that brought in his own personal Powerbook Pro ( MacBook Pro) to do design work cos the company wouldnt fork out the money to buy the staff Apple hardware. So its not too crazy to pay 2Gs to get to and from games. He gets paid enough.

Don't see why he wouldn't just buy a copter with a pilot. Wouldn't that be cheaper. Or how about an pimped out Motor-home that's basically a rehab center and spa inside.

kobe can't afford that
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#11 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:57 am

Johnny Kilroy wrote:The chopper is unnecessary. He could just as easily rent a limo at a tenth of the cost.

You clearly have no concept of trying to travel the distance Kobe has to on the 405 for a game in prime time.

You're talking 40+mi in absolutely bumper to bumper traffic.

Think Coney Island to White plains at rush hour.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#12 » by Mamba Venom » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 am

405 might be the worst in country rush hour before a Laker game.

I'm usually not jealous, but a helicopter would be perfect!
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#13 » by H00PDREAMS » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 am

Kilroy wrote:
Johnny Kilroy wrote:The chopper is unnecessary. He could just as easily rent a limo at a tenth of the cost.

You clearly have no concept of trying to travel the distance Kobe has to on the 405 for a game in prime time.

45 Mins? REALLY??! I dunno dude I think that ride may be a bit longer. Unfortunately.

TruSkool:
kobe can't afford that :uhoh:
H00DREAMS: :lol:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#14 » by Kilroy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:37 am

H00PDREAMS wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

45 Mins? REALLY??! I dunno dude I think that ride may be a bit longer. Unfortunately.

TruSkool:
kobe can't afford that :uhoh:
H00DREAMS: :lol:

Mi=Miles... That is if Kobe still lives where I think he does.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
BattleTested
Veteran
And1: 529

Post#15 » by BattleTested » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:49 am

By the thread title I thought this was gonna be about a huge blunt that you don't pass to anyone.
Lakers fan since 99.

PCProductions wrote:NBA has probably the most parity of any pro sport.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#16 » by EArl » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 am

Kobe lives in Newport last time i checked. That is pretty far away from Staples Center. Taking a chopper their is a great idea. Staples Center should build a helipad on their premises if there already isnt one so he can get their directly.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#17 » by Jakay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:41 am

As someone who is on their third ACL, let me just say that for a long time, sitting in a car was HELL, and I can only imagine how much worse it would be if I was a few inches taller.

Besides, if you could take a helicopter to work, wouldn't you? No need to be Mr Joe Everyman when you're a global icon.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers