ImageImageImageImageImage

Mike Dantoni will not consider starting Clark over Gasol.

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Re: Mike Dantoni will not consider starting Clark over Gasol 

Post#21 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Doormatt wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:I'll reserve judgement on this after seeing whether or not D'Antoni will go through with his statements of using Pau differently and the way Pau has wanted to be used. Clark is good but if Pau is used right he's simply the better player. Then again we've already heard this multiple times this year.

used right? hes putting up 12/8 on 47TS% with questionable defense. last year you could argue he wasnt being used right, this year hes bad no matter where he is and no matter what he is doing. its no longer a problem of being correctly utilized, its a problem of him not sucking dick.

I'm not in disagreement with this but he's still taking the vast majority of his shots from 10 feet out. He's shooting 3s at a higher rate than last year as well. He seems even more confused by D'Antoni's system than he was last year and yes he has sucked there's no arguing that.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#22 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Clark will be o.k. I like the idea of Pau off the bench, he has to prove he can be steady for a few games first.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#23 » by kblo247 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 am

Michael Lucky wrote:I'll reserve judgement on this after seeing whether or not D'Antoni will go through with his statements of using Pau differently and the way Pau has wanted to be used. Clark is good but if Pau is used right he's simply the better player. Then again we've already heard this multiple times this year.

Tired of thinking about and hearing this relating to Pau

12.0pts, 10.0rebs, 2.8ast, 1.6 blk, 44.4fg%

12.9pts, 9.1rebs, 4.3ast, 2.4blk, 42.7fg% (we doubled Harrington and Faried)

12.5pts, 9.3rebs, 4.0ast, 0.8blk, 43.2fg%, (punch from Phil, allowed Dirk over 60% 1v1, threw away game 1 too wi that idiotic foul not knowing score or game which left Phil to reply co comment for what could be going thru his head)

13.5pts, 6.8rebs, 3.7asts, 2.3blk, 41.8fg% (and we had to double Landry to protect him)

That isn't the mark of a great player, damn sure aint the mark of a franchise player as Pau makes max money, and he's a two way liability, its just bleeding into his season play now. The signs were there in the last title run as well when Pau didn't show up on the road vs PHX (worst close out game ever, and Amare plunked him in Phoenix equally as bad), Boston (Fish and Kobe were the only Lakers with better road than home averages), or OKC (he plays the first 47 minutes and that tip isn't necessary)

It's been coming on slowly.

In 2010, he underperformed on the road in 3/4 playoff series. His game didnt travel from staples to anywhere but Utah which was trash.

In 2011 the playoffs saw him get dismantled by Landry and we began to double every time to save him, the Hornets just missed threes. Dirk killed him, shot over 60% when they were matched up, so we doubled. Dallas hit what NO missed and we got burned trying to save him from getting raped. In fact we wouldn't have even been swept, and had game 1 won until he decided to run up and intentionally foul with no fouls to give 30 plus feet from the basket. Phil, Lamar, Kobe, Ron, Derek, and Andrew all did a collective wtf when the cameras panned to them.mthe announcers did the same

In 2012 he underperformed for a long stretch of the season until Kobe called out the management to the media to protect him. Then he proceeded to go into the playoffs and be destroyed by the fifth ninja turtle in Harrington and his sidekick Faried. He shot terribly, defended poorly, and was roasted by la media for no showing game 6 while a sick Kobe battled.mthen there was the next round where he didnt show up versus OKC, and in game 4 was so scared late in crunch time that he literally passed it to a Thunder player. Did I mention his unit with the second unit when Kobe sat was a net negative both runs and lost every beginning quarter they played when he was supposed to be asserting himself as the lone post guy with Bynum sitting?

This isn't new. Is been a long time coming, Pau is broken, to be blunt as a PF he's a mufackin joke and isn't even top 10 at his position. He's a liability on offense as he isn't even converting at a 25% clip on his open mid range shots, and his post up score conversion is pathetic for a big. We ain't even got to mention he's our worst defender in the starting 5. It's time to move to the bench or move to another team where he can be C either way period

So with all due respect I'm calling you or anyone defending him full of **** when you say you never saw this coming, he isnt used right, or it hasn't been slowly happening before this year
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#24 » by AcecardZ » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 am

Nice post Kblo! I can' find one point I disagree with..

If we can net any sort of plus player for Pau our team will be better off.

What team can we sucker into taking him off our hands?

And how the **** did Pau go from being a near Olympic hero to being an NBA zero in such a short time? I'd really like the answer to this question.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#25 » by GeneralNash » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:53 am

I think at this point if lakers are going to trade pau it is going to be for a solid backup pg. I actually like morris right now...so I am not too sure...

Sent via tapatalk 2
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#26 » by kblo247 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:02 am

Morris playing SG
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#27 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am

kblo247 wrote:

Tired of thinking about and hearing this relating to Pau

12.0pts, 10.0rebs, 2.8ast, 1.6 blk, 44.4fg%

12.9pts, 9.1rebs, 4.3ast, 2.4blk, 42.7fg% (we doubled Harrington and Faried)

12.5pts, 9.3rebs, 4.0ast, 0.8blk, 43.2fg%, (punch from Phil, allowed Dirk over 60% 1v1, threw away game 1 too wi that idiotic foul not knowing score or game which left Phil to reply co comment for what could be going thru his head)

13.5pts, 6.8rebs, 3.7asts, 2.3blk, 41.8fg% (and we had to double Landry to protect him)

That isn't the mark of a great player, damn sure aint the mark of a franchise player as Pau makes max money, and he's a two way liability, its just bleeding into his season play now. The signs were there in the last title run as well when Pau didn't show up on the road vs PHX (worst close out game ever, and Amare plunked him in Phoenix equally as bad), Boston (Fish and Kobe were the only Lakers with better road than home averages), or OKC (he plays the first 47 minutes and that tip isn't necessary)

It's been coming on slowly.

In 2010, he underperformed on the road in 3/4 playoff series. His game didnt travel from staples to anywhere but Utah which was trash.

In 2011 the playoffs saw him get dismantled by Landry and we began to double every time to save him, the Hornets just missed threes. Dirk killed him, shot over 60% when they were matched up, so we doubled. Dallas hit what NO missed and we got burned trying to save him from getting raped. In fact we wouldn't have even been swept, and had game 1 won until he decided to run up and intentionally foul with no fouls t give 30 plus feet from the basket. Phil, Lamar, Kobe, Ron, Derek, anAndrew all did a collective wtf when the cameras panned to them.mthe announcers did the same

In 2012 he underperformed for a long stretch of the season until Kobe called out the management to the media to protect him. Then he proceeded to go into the playoffs and be destroyed by the fifth ninja turtle in Harrington and his sidekick Faried. He shot terribly, defended poorly, and was roasted by la media for no showing game 6 while a sick Kobe battled.mthen there was the next round where he didnt show up versus OKC, and in game 4 was so scared late in crunch time that he literally passed it to a Thunder player. Did I mention his unit with the second unit when Kobe sat was a net negative both runs and lost every beginning quarter they played when he was supposed to be asserting himself as the lone post guy with Bynum sitting?

This isn't new. Is been a long time coming, Pau is broken, to be blunt as a PF he's a mufackin joke and isn't even top 10 at his position. He's a liability on offense as he isn't even converting at a 25% clip on his open mid range shots, and his post up score conversion is pathetic for a big. We ain't even got to mention he's our worst defender in the starting 5. It's time to move to the bench or move to another team where he can be C either way period

So with all due respect I'm calling you or anyone defending him full of **** when you say you never saw this coming, he isnt used right, or it hasn't been slowly happening before this year

WRONG, I refuse to believe that Gasol isn't the same player from this past summer. If MDA can pull his head out of his butt and realized its not a freaking hat, he would know Gasol plays better in the post for crying out loud MDA you coached against him in the most important game this summer...allow Gasol to return to the post we have two top ten centers on this team. Our bench shouldn't suck because Gasol alone can lead them. His court vision from the post to shooters like Jamison, Meeks, MWP, Blake, Duhon and Morris.

There is 48 minutes to be played at center. I want Howard playing 30mpg give the other 18 minutes to Gasol with either Nash or Bryant and our shooters.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#28 » by AcecardZ » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 am

Our bench has been awful all year. I don't expect it to be any better with Pau in the backup role. I have zero confidence in Pau right now.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#29 » by Mamba Venom » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:45 am

I want Pau to take over Odom's 2011 role as 6th man!!!!

So so freakN bad!!!
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#30 » by Mamba Venom » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:35 am

Remember the 2006 Heat tandem of Shaq/Zo

There was always a great center in the game.

I would love the Lakers to do this and only put them in together for situational strategy.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers