ImageImage

Lamb D-League Thread - 24 points (9-14) - Recalled to Bucks

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: Doron Lamb D-League Discussion/Stats - 1st game tonight  

Post#21 » by crkone » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:32 am

I don't know about poor form. All scouting reports rave about his shooting form. Maybe you see something new this year or his elbow ligament tear is still bothering him.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#22 » by Turd Ferguson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 am

crkone wrote:I don't know about poor form. All scouting reports rave about his shooting form. Maybe you see something new this year or his elbow ligament tear is still bothering him.

Lower body mechanics. He points his feet to the left to get his right shoulder closer to the rim. If he faces the rim (12:00) and takes a three from the top of the key, his feet are going to be pointing somewhere between 10:00-11:00 before he elevates. Kinda like the way Dion Waiters shoots/squares up, only Dion has actually been able to hit that shot before I stopped following the Cavs a couple months into the season.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#23 » by Turd Ferguson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:06 am

4-14 from the field, poor decision making on a number of plays, couldn't tell when he was on the floor/didn't stand out amongst D-League talent, an Ersan-like confidence in his jump shot, and not even seeing the floor the final five minutes of the game during crunch time.

We need to send this dude to the F-League.

Also, L.A. D-fenders cheer squad > Energee
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#24 » by blazza18 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:09 am

4-14 obviously isn't good. But he hasn't played normal basketball since last year. This is all about him getting his confidence back. And getting in the flow of things which he hasn't been able to do since being a Buck.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#25 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:17 am

You mean our 2nd round pick isn't good? Stun.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Re: Lamb D-League Thread - 1st game 12pts (4-14), next 1/18  

Post#26 » by vegaspacker » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 am

Agreed, he is a 2nd rounder, and that is without question. As a physical specimen, he offers little. The young look equates to his lack of growth and development. He'll probably never be a 'man' in the NBA... His better days are unfortunately behind him... unless he grows a pair.

I can appreciate his driving skills against lower tier talent, but in the bigs... I do not see anything that stands out.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#27 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 am

vegaspacker wrote:Agreed, he is a 2nd rounder, and that is without question. As a physical specimen, he offers little. The young look equates to his lack of growth and development. He'll probably never be a 'man' in the NBA... His better days are unfortunately behind him... unless he grows a pair.

I can appreciate his driving skills against lower tier talent, but in the bigs... I do not see anything that stands out.

I don't know if anyone thought he'd be "the man" in the NBA. There's a reason why he was drafted in the second round. I'm a huge fan of him and I think his absolute peak is probably a Marcus Thornton type guy. I don't see any reason he can't be a Meeks type guy but we'll see if he can get his shot to fall in the NBA, Meeks struggled mightily well he was here as well. I don't see how "growing a pair" is helping him, he looked pretty confident in his game when he played, he just couldn't hit a shot to save his life. His defense is pretty solid and he doesn't get lost like Henson and Tobes are prone to do so he has that going for him. He was one of the best shooter in college, that usually doesn't just go away. Hopefully he can pull something together in the league. He's 30 games into his rookie year with one of the worst player development coaches in the NBA and his clone replacing him, give him some time.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#28 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Turd Ferguson wrote:4-14 from the field, poor decision making on a number of plays, couldn't tell when he was on the floor/didn't stand out amongst D-League talent, an Ersan-like confidence in his jump shot, and not even seeing the floor the final five minutes of the game during crunch time.

Overreact much? One freaking D-League game and Doron Lamb is now hot garbage? Remember when Larry Sanders struggled mightily in Summer League and almost everyone (not me) wrote him off? Now he's the starting center and some Bucks fans believe he's the best player on the team. We should probably give Lamb a little time before declaring he's trash and trading him for Royal Ivey.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#29 » by jr lucosa » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 pm

trwi7 wrote:You mean our 2nd round pick isn't good? Stun.

This made me chuckle.

vegaspacker wrote:Agreed, he is a 2nd rounder, and that is without question.

This did too. :)

Too bad to see Lamb struggle in his first game, but it was just that. Some guys only get a handful of games down there before they get called back up but I'd like to see him stay down there until there is minutes ready for him in the rotation (or until he proves that he is definitely not worth those minutes).
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#30 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Lamb didn't have the luxury of a full training camp with the Mad Ants.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#31 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:44 pm

trwi7 wrote:You mean our 2nd round pick isn't good? Stun.

Just means the Bucks will extend him and make him a starter.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,413

Post#32 » by -Jragon- » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Jeremy's numbers aren't any better and he was drafted much higher (many of us wanted him even) if that makes anyone feel better.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#33 » by Steve210 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:54 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:4-14 from the field, poor decision making on a number of plays, couldn't tell when he was on the floor/didn't stand out amongst D-League talent, an Ersan-like confidence in his jump shot, and not even seeing the floor the final five minutes of the game during crunch time.

Overreact much? One freaking D-League game and Doron Lamb is now hot garbage? Remember when Larry Sanders struggled mightily in Summer League and almost everyone (not me) wrote him off? Now he's the starting center and some Bucks fans believe he's the best player on the team. We should probably give Lamb a little time before declaring he's trash and trading him for Royal Ivey.

My thoughts exactly, I find it comical to over analyze one D-League game. Lamb finds out on Sunday he's going down to the NBADL he's obviously got to pack some stuff, get down to Fort Wayne practice for a day or two, then on to LA for his first game, meanwhile he's meeting all new people, has to figure out what system the team runs, and people expect him to come in and do what in his first game?

I was in Vegas for the summer league and the one word I would use to describe Lamb is smooth. He's going to be a nice player, but he's going to need some time to develop. He's got a real nice jumper, a good knack for finishing around the rim, moves real nice without the ball, and he can play some point guard to. He just needs minutes and time to develop, which he wasn't getting here. I think it was a good move to send him down, and I'm sure he's going to put up some nice numbers and he will be back up with the Bucks soon, right now he just needs to play.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#34 » by fam3381 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:11 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Jeremy's numbers aren't any better and he was drafted much higher (many of us wanted him even) if that makes anyone feel better.

Jeremy Lamb's D-League numbers are quite nice.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/j ... stats.html
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#35 » by ampd » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:58 pm

If you can't dominate in the D Leauge, that is a bad sign. Even guys like Potsie, Terrence Williams, etc pretty easily outclass the competition there.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Re: Lamb D-League Thread - 2nd game tonight at 9 central 

Post#36 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Game tonight at 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cosEbZcFhoI

Brian Butch and Jerel McNeal are on the other team.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#37 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:03 pm

fam3381 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Jeremy's numbers aren't any better and he was drafted much higher (many of us wanted him even) if that makes anyone feel better.

Jeremy Lamb's D-League numbers are quite nice.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/j ... stats.html

42% and 29.5 from 3 is nice?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,434

Post#38 » by emunney » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 am

Nicer than 28.6% and 0.0.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#39 » by CanadaBucks » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:36 am

emunney wrote:Nicer than 28.6% and 0.0.

Lol I know but that's like saying that Monta's numbers are nice because they're better than Beasley's.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#40 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:40 am

So he's pretty much Wade yeah?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks