utah, mil, and lal

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

utah, mil, and lal 

Post#1 » by shagadelic45 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm

utah trades: marvin williams, paul milsap, raja bell

utah receives: monta ellis, beno udrih, drew gooden

jazz get the sg perimeter scorer they covet and dump williams and bell, but take on gooden in the process

mil trades: monta ellis, beno udrih, drew gooden, samuel dalembert

mil receives: pau gasol, steve blake, chris duhon, jorda hill

bucks lose ellis but dump gooden's deal in the process and get their man in gasol

lal trade: pau gasol, steve blake, chris duhon, jorda hill

lal receives: marvin williams, paul milsap, raja bell, samuel dalembert

lakers lose gasol but get some better depth and fits
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Re: utah, mil, and lal 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:54 pm

So LAL turns Gasol, an injured guy and two overpaid 3rd string pgs into 4 useful rotation pieces and only are responsible for the last year of Marvin's deal. They get better players and better contracts?

Utah takes on Gooden to turn Milsap into Ellis. That is never ever happening.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

Post#3 » by shagadelic45 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:29 pm

gasol, is , the best player in the deal
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:37 pm

shagadelic45 wrote:gasol, is , the best player in the deal

I think I agree with that but understand Im still a Pau believer. But hes not that much better than Milsap how hes playing right now and hes certainly not a more valuable trade piece than Milsap right now. But fine just for argument's sake lets say Gasol is back to putting up 17/11/3 and moving well from today until the deadline. Now trading him straight up for Milsap seems more reasonable. But then you are turning an injured Hill and 2 worthless pgs into Marvin Williams, Daly, and Raja. Can you not see how unlikely that is? Plus why in the world would Utah take on Gooden? They arent gettng "the best player in the deal". They are getting Monta Ellis.

I know you are a Lakers fan looking to make deals to benefit your team. Thats great. I do the same thing for Dallas. But you have to actually consider how these deals help the other team(s) and you have to do it as objectively as possible. I know you cant look at this deal and think Utah would touch it. Its impossible.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#5 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

I think I agree with that but understand Im still a Pau believer. But hes not that much better than Milsap how hes playing right now and hes certainly not a more valuable trade piece than Milsap right now. But fine just for argument's sake lets say Gasol is back to putting up 17/11/3 and moving well from today until the deadline. Now trading him straight up for Milsap seems more reasonable. But then you are turning an injured Hill and 2 worthless pgs into Marvin Williams, Daly, and Raja. Can you not see how unlikely that is? Plus why in the world would Utah take on Gooden? They arent gettng "the best player in the deal". They are getting Monta Ellis.

I know you are a Lakers fan looking to make deals to benefit your team. Thats great. I do the same thing for Dallas. But you have to actually consider how these deals help the other team(s) and you have to do it as objectively as possible. I know you cant look at this deal and think Utah would touch it. Its impossible.

Yeah Pau had value 5 years ago. Why are LAL fans always so ignorant on trades??
Ingles is cooked.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#6 » by RandyBreuer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#7 » by StocktonShorts » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:26 pm

:lol:

This is horrible for Utah.
sendai91
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#8 » by sendai91 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:16 pm

I'll make this really simple why Utah is rejecting this trade.

Millsap's output and expiring salary are 100x more appealing than Gooden's output and nasty contract.

Utah would much rather have Marvin Williams ( even at his moderate / slightly underwhelming level of output) than Monta Ellis's drunk duck-hunter approach to shot selection and consistency, and I guess for that matter Ellis's overall bad fit in Utah's system in several ways.

And while Beno is definitely an more attractive piece than Bell is, there's no point in accepting the negative value of Monta / Gooden when the Jazz could just sign Udrih in the offseason if they wanted..
grizzlies50
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#9 » by grizzlies50 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:50 am

Too good for LAL
Too bad for Utah

Pau value is as same as Bargnani or little better. do you understand this mean?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#10 » by JayMKE » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:13 am

Bucks would rather have Paul Milsap, we'd cut LA out.
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Trades and Transactions