ImageImageImage

Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers 

Post#161 » by Murphs56 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:33 am

I just think the team needs a new vision. Kahn has had his time and it just hasn't worked. The new GM can come in, fix the relationship with the front office and Love and we can move forward as an organization
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#162 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 am

Murphs56 wrote:I just think the team needs a new vision. Kahn has had his time and it just hasn't worked. The new GM can come in, fix the relationship with the front office and Love and we can move forward as an organization

Unfortunately the FO issues go above and beyond the GM.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#163 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:46 am

C.lupus wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:I just think the team needs a new vision. Kahn has had his time and it just hasn't worked. The new GM can come in, fix the relationship with the front office and Love and we can move forward as an organization

Unfortunately the FO issues go above and beyond the GM.

If you're referring to Taylor, hopefully he finds a buyer soon.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#164 » by LordBaldric » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:51 am

Taylor really is the head of the rotting fish.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#165 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:51 am

Yeah, any word on any potential buyers?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#166 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 am

Yeah Taylor and his son in law.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#167 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:53 am

C.lupus wrote:Yeah Taylor and his son in law.

Oh yeah, forgot about Moor
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#168 » by Basti » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:18 am

Tirion wrote:
Basti wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:I find it funny that I see some fans with the #firekahn posts after the game.

I'm not a kahn man myself, but firing him because this team has lost players to injury is pretty funny.

Well, I'm sure hardcore Kahn haters will say he put up a team with injury prone players.

:roll:

It doesn't matter if it is Adelman's influence or not, Kahn got it done. He has put together a team full of talented players. To ignore that fact is just being thick.

Work results.

Work results, ladies and gentelmen.

Work results.

Sorry but even you have to admit that all the injuries are far from Kahn's fault. The only big question mark of all the injured players was Roy. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. The other big injury related question mark before this current team was assembled had been Kirilenko, who has surprisingly been pretty much healthy this year. The rest of the injuries occurred on freak accidents and all that. It's hardly Kahn's fault.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#169 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 am

Wow, FSN with perfect timing. Next two games not on local TV.

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#170 » by Tirion » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 am

Basti wrote:
Tirion wrote:
Basti wrote:
Well, I'm sure hardcore Kahn haters will say he put up a team with injury prone players.

:roll:

It doesn't matter if it is Adelman's influence or not, Kahn got it done. He has put together a team full of talented players. To ignore that fact is just being thick.

Work results.

Work results, ladies and gentelmen.

Work results.

Sorry but even you have to admit that all the injuries are far from Kahn's fault. The only big question mark of all the injured players was Roy. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. The other big injury related question mark before this current team was assembled had been Kirilenko, who has surprisingly been pretty much healthy this year. The rest of the injuries occurred on freak accidents and all that. It's hardly Kahn's fault.

Adelman being responsible for the majority of personel descisions last offseason - context.
Most of the Wolves roster being injured - context.

According to Kahn's defenders context doesn't matter.
Results do.

This are the results.

Admit that Kahn is an incompetent buffoon, whose job was almost saved by a HOF coach, and I'll admit that he has nothing to do with the injuries.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#171 » by lobishome » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Well, Peko could play next Saturday (right quad contusion), Shved will be out a few days (sprained left ankle) and Jelly Belly is ready ... then we still have hope ... right? :pray:
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#172 » by Basti » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Tirion wrote:Adelman being responsible for the majority of personel descisions last offseason - context.

Results do.

This are the results.

Admit that Kahn is an incompetent buffoon, whose job was almost saved by a HOF coach, and I'll admit that he has nothing to do with the injuries.

What? I've always put Kahn's decision into context. It doesn't help his cause that the results don't back it up but that's why I put them into context. Not sure what you're trying to do here.

And sorry the last bit is too stupid for me to answer. Like really. What a ridiculous comparison. As if it changes Kahn's role in regards to the injury whether he's a good GM or the worst person on the planet. Way to show your agenda here. It's like you're not even trying to hide it anymore.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#173 » by shrink » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:43 pm

I didn't get a chance to watch the game - maybe that was for the best.

My question after looking at the box score: Did any of the Wolves look good on lasy night's the national stage? Since they obviously are looking for trades, I wondered if anybody helped their trade value on things you can't see in a box score?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 pm

shrink wrote:I didn't get a chance to watch the game - maybe that was for the best.

My question after looking at the box score: Did any of the Wolves look good on lasy night's the national stage? Since they obviously are looking for trades, I wondered if anybody helped their trade value on things you can't see in a box score?

Of the main trade candidates:
Ridnour looked good - was hitting his hots.
Barea looked bad - seemed to miss everything, even gimme's and fouled a lot.
Williams looked meh - wasn't bad but didn't really do anything - had a tough matchup, though.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#175 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:28 pm

shrink wrote:I didn't get a chance to watch the game - maybe that was for the best.

Luke looked pretty good; Shots were falling, he was hitting those jumpers he likes to take on fast breaks and he had a couple of nice dimes to AK..

Williams was trying to be aggressive at the rim, but it failed miserably and never got the calls that he wanted.

Pek looked very uncomfortable because he couldn't get that deep position in the post that he likes so much and when he did get that position, he was immediately doubled which is trouble on a team with no shooters.

Dante's mid-range wasn't falling
Shved was 0-4 in the first half and tried to get himself going in the 4th, but sprained his ankle
Ricky was post-ACL tear Ricky.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#176 » by shrink » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks guys. I'm glad Porter started Rubio and Williams, but it's a shame we couldn't have done better on the bigger stage.

With Rubio starting, today might be the perfect day to make that Ridnour trade .. I think a non-productive expiring and a Top 20 pick is fair .. if we can use this in a three-way to bring in some win-now talent (or at least two healthy knees)
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#177 » by Mattya » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:59 pm

So McLemore or Noel?
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#178 » by [RCG] » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Would Portland do a S&T Pek for Matthews? If so I'd go Noel. If not it becomes a tough decision.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#179 » by sisibilio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:32 pm

[RCG] wrote:Would Portland do a S&T Pek for Matthews?

Sure, you can have also Freeland for some big man depth.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#180 » by Tirion » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:50 am

Basti wrote:
Tirion wrote:Adelman being responsible for the majority of personel descisions last offseason - context.

Results do.

This are the results.

What? I've always put Kahn's decision into context. It doesn't help his cause that the results don't back it up but that's why I put them into context. Not sure what you're trying to do here.

And sorry the last bit is too stupid for me to answer. Like really. What a ridiculous comparison. As if it changes Kahn's role in regards to the injury whether he's a good GM or the worst person on the planet. Way to show your agenda here. It's like you're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Kahn is a horrible GM.

At least admit it to yourself, even if you're embarrassed to do it here.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves