ImageImageImageImage

Vucevic is a stud

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Re: Vucevic is a stud 

Post#21 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

It's amazing that he's doing what he's doing strictly as a clean up guy, imagine if he gets actual plays called for him? I can see next year him improving to a 17 and 11 guy with him being more of a focus for us, his future is very bright and i hope we keep him regardless of contract fears. If he's worth the contract then pay the man what he's worth preferably before he hits free agency where other teams can push up the price
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#22 » by Javanar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 pm

shadrock wrote:Vucevic has really impressed me with the level of maturity he plays with for a second year player. Very calm and composed, and as a result he is probably our most consistent player. I see no reason he cant be a 20/12 guy next season. Hes got a far better offensive game than Dwight will ever have, and has a nice bit of range. Scores at a high percentage also, which suggests he can take on more of a load, and i think as time goes on, he will become more of a focus for our offence.

Given age, health, attitude, i really doubt id trade him back for Dwight right now to be totally truthful. I actually prefer Vucci in many ways over Dwight, mainly his attitude and his offence. Will be interesting to see how he handles double teams as he becomes more of a key player, and if he can draw a double and pass out of the post, then that gives us a HUGEEEE x factor as far as offence goes, much like the xfactor we had for a while there with Dwight drawing doubles. Would mean we could play inside out at times and then kick out and swing to the open shooters. The problem with Dwight in the later days was when we played this way against the better teams, his offence wasnt enough to demand the double team and they would stay at home on our shooters, and add to this the fact that he would turn it over a lot and force bad shots/pass poorly from the post, and that was half of our problems. Maybe vucci can be better in these areas? Obviously defence is a different thing all together, but thats another discussion.

Im pretty excited about our future with this guy...

very good analysis. I totally agree.
I am not a native English speaker...
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Post#23 » by Last Guardian » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:33 pm

It is amazing how he has improved just from the beginning of this season. There was a time where his jumpshot was inconsistent and his put back attempts failed. Now he is nearly automatic.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#24 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Nik gets it and knows how to balance confidence with humbleness. He's continually improving all facets of his game while developing aggressiveness.

He'd honestly get a lot more free throws if he screamed or "AAAAYYYYEEEEE" like Dwight did, but I really don't want Nik to resort to that. He's going to earn respect sooner rather than later from the refs and opponents. Locker room loves this kid to death.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#25 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:39 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Nik gets it and knows how to balance confidence with humbleness. He's continually improving all facets of his game while developing aggressiveness.

He'd honestly get a lot more free throws if he screamed or "AAAAYYYYEEEEE" like Dwight did, but I really don't want Nik to resort to that. He's going to earn respect sooner rather than later from the refs and opponents. Locker room loves this kid to death.

He is skilled, humble and likable. He is like the opposite of Dwight lmao, which is a great thing.

Good to hear that his teammates have lots of respect for him. Adam, what have you seen in terms of how teammates interact with him?
aka: prorl
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#26 » by MagicTownBaller » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:59 pm

With the way Vucevic has been playing, I think we have our future star. I'm not saying we don't need a good wing player, but if we get a high draft pick this year, then we can get that or we can try and snag a good free agent away from a team. I honestly love our team to death and love watching every single game. The funny thing is when I watch this year, I don't get upset when we lose. Either way, I'm happy. If we lose, we get closer to a higher draft pick and possibly Shabazz. If we win, we just won a game and have a closer chance to make the playoffs.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#27 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:Nik gets it and knows how to balance confidence with humbleness. He's continually improving all facets of his game while developing aggressiveness.

He is skilled, humble and likable. He is like the opposite of Dwight lmao, which is a great thing.

Good to hear that his teammates have lots of respect for him. Adam, what have you seen in terms of how teammates interact with him?

Nik's funny and has a great personality when the cameras are off. He's always interacting with all teammates and has no problem hanging out with them after games. Cameras on he's all business and is a well-spoken individual even with a still limited English vocabulary.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#28 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:36 pm

"....Basically what this leaves us is a player who is excellent on the defensive boards, decent on the offensive boards, and fairly crappy everywhere else. "

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/1/17 ... ynum-trade

this was written by a Philly writer. Goes to show you can always make stats back your argument.

Evan Dunlap of orlandopinstripepost likned it on his Twitte
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#29 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:02 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:"....Basically what this leaves us is a player who is excellent on the defensive boards, decent on the offensive boards, and fairly crappy everywhere else. "

this was written by a Philly writer. Goes to show you can always make stats back your argument.

From the article: "There can be value to having a player like Nikola Vucevic, especially on a contending team. He is not an awful player. But his ceiling is still not that high, his improvement, while real, has been overstated thanks to the doubling of his playing time on a per game basis, and he was never a fit for the Sixers when they drafted him in 2011."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a butthurt Philly fan in denial.

Wow just wow on that terrible "analysis".
aka: prorl
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#30 » by Potterman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 pm

So, you mean to tell me you can't find room for a double double guy on a good team? Thats a pretty good ceiling, in fact I think that's deserving of better then MLE money.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#31 » by arsenal6106 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 pm

TommyBeer: Nikola Vucevic has 12+ rebounds in each of his last 8 games. Shaq & D12 are only other players in #Magic history w/ matching streaks. #Elias

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#32 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Good job Rob getting him, wish you luck making him sign a contract extension that doesn't break the bank .
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#33 » by InFlames » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:"....Basically what this leaves us is a player who is excellent on the defensive boards, decent on the offensive boards, and fairly crappy everywhere else. "

Yea, this is definitely some butthurt.
magic_turk
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#34 » by magic_turk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:28 pm

IN HENNY WE TRUST :D Loving the direction this team is heading.
Luzern Walker
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#35 » by Luzern Walker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 am

they look mad
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#36 » by drsd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:14 am

The Babycats are one of the worst teams in rebounding defense, giving up 32 per game as the #25 worst team. One could project a good rebound line for Vučević in the next game.

Vučević is already the 3rd best rebounder. And if Howard misses a game or two, here and there, Nikola could end the season leading in total rebounds.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#37 » by drsd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:07 pm

/.

Vučević is ahead Joakim Noah, age adjusted.

BR.com LINK

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#38 » by Def Swami » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 pm

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555
#Magic C Nikola Vucevic is averaging 15.0 ppg and 14.3 rpg in January. He'd be the 5th NBA player since '86-87 to avg 15/14 in Jan.

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555
Others to avg 15 pts/14 rebs in January since '86-87 are KG (03-04), DHoward (3x: 08-09, 10-11, 11-12), ZRandolph (10-11), KLove (10-11).
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,485

Post#39 » by doct3r dr3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm

can't wait for tomorrow's obscure nba factoid of the day™.

but seriously, loving vucevic right now. making hennigan look pretty smart indeed
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#40 » by OrlDave » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 pm

drsd wrote:The Babycats are one of the worst teams in rebounding defense, giving up 32 per game as the #25 worst team. One could project a good rebound line for Vučević in the next game.

Vučević is already the 3rd best rebounder. And if Howard misses a game or two, here and there, Nikola could end the season leading in total rebounds.

Last 10 games he's leading the league by .8 rebounds (14.9 vs 14.1 of Chandler). Throw out November when JV was still figuring rotations and he''d be leading the league in rebounding today (13.2). Even despite all that, he's #1 in the east. Although besides Chandler and Noah there isn't a lot of competition for that title.

Return to Orlando Magic