ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Heat @ Lakers. Thu/17/1/2013 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

ballaholick
Rookie
And1: 93

Re: GT: Heat @ Lakers. Thu/17/1/2013 10:30 PM ET 

Post#921 » by ballaholick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:09 am

Vinsanity420 wrote:Nash doesn't look ELITE anymore, honestly. People might be overrating him at this point. He's good, but definitely not amongst the best. The Heat took him out completely tonight. There's easily 10 PG's in the league that might have done better in his place.

word
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#922 » by kblo247 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 am

supaflash wrote:part of Nash's struggle was by design though, notice how the bigs never set a hard screen. Some of that is D'antoni's fault. At some point you have to set some hard screens in the back court to discourage the press and at some point you have to change how you attack the hard hedging, I really didn't see much of an adjustment.

But it is a little disturbing and frustrating that Nash isn't fast enough anymore to really be able to attack that defense more effectively.

The suns team set slip screens galore though for Nash, its how Amare ate.

There is a noticeable difference between when someone sets a pick for Kobe with Nash off the floor with Morris/Duhon and when Nash calls for one. Pau, Jamison, or Deight hit the guy for Kobe. Even Kobe slips the picks he sets for Nash when they do the 2/1 pnr sequence Kobe and Fish ran vs Boston. Porter tried implementing hard screens and post play with Shaq on Nash team, as did Dantoni, and it didnt click.

We have to figure out a middle ground of Nash being Nash and Nash being Fish/Kerr vs certain teams. The teams we need to post up, Kobe should have the ball because he is better at feeding post up bigs and maintaining a low possession game because he has a familiarity with feeding Shaq/Pau/Drew as the primary playmaker on 7 finals, 5 title teams. Nash should be allowed to be Nash vs teams who can be exploited by his ssol approach but there are certain teams he can't play well against when it comes to running that O, the Clippers this year are one as we were horrid when Kobe sat and until that fourth when Kobe went ISO and controlled the pace, the Nuggets who we have only beat without him as he has tried to outrun them the two times and Lawson has laughed at him for it, and the Heat tonight have been those teams
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#923 » by Jakay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 am

Vinsanity420 wrote:Nash doesn't look ELITE anymore, honestly. People might be overrating him at this point. He's good, but definitely not amongst the best. The Heat took him out completely tonight. There's easily 10 PG's in the league that might have done better in his place.

Nash has got plenty of game left. Is he an All-star? Not right now, but he's got a lot to adjust to being the fourth to feed and having to run a less free wheeling show than he's ever had to before.

D'Antoni's got to adjust to that too. The reason they could trap Nash at the end was because the offense said Nash HAD to get the ball. Metta and Kobe can start things too. Pau could have passed to them if they were running a bail-out at all.
betterdayz02
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#924 » by betterdayz02 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:13 am

Good game Lakers fans you guys had us on the ropes, I hope you guys make the playoffs and knock off those annoying ass Clippers.
Father Time
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#925 » by Father Time » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 am

I agree that our screens need to get much better.
"There's nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some bulls---, and act like I'm a coach or something, but it's on them." - Popovich

Secret secrets are no fun. Secret secrets hurt someone.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#926 » by kblo247 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 am

betterdayz02 wrote:Good game Lakers fans you guys had us on the ropes, I hope you guys make the playoffs and knock off those annoying ass Clippers.

That was a good game by the Heat as well. I think they can go far, and I wonder if they will add a big.

I want the clippers too in the first round because of the travel schedule and drawn out first rounds
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#927 » by GAME TIME » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 am

Pau has no hops in him anymore. He can't protect the paint when Howard is on the bench.

PS

I never seen someone able to fall on the ground , grab the ball , then be able to stand up and take a few steps and pass the ball :lol:

Come on refs, traveling can be called once in a while.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#928 » by Jakay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:19 am

GAME TIME wrote:PS

I never seen someone able to fall on the ground , grab the ball , then be able to stand up and take a few steps and pass the ball :lol:

Did he even pass? I'm pretty sure he just started dribbling. It was so ninja the first four things he did didn't even count as real!
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#929 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:21 am

Props to all the classy Heat fans.....betterdayz02,420 and TRG. Nice to know some quality posters still exist here.

Gotta give it up to Coach Spo, he doubled and trapped Nash all game, it threw a wrench in the Laker offense and kept it from flowing freely. When Nash can just probe and probe with the dribble he's going to make your defense pay. Tonight he really couldn't.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#930 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 am

GeneralNash wrote:Gasol threw a very risky alley oop late in the 4th which led to a turnover. Kobe got lost on a screen and wade converted. Miami covered Gasol, and Nash should have swung the ball to Metta. Instead he challenges Bosh and gets blocked. What should of happened is kobe should of demanded the ball. Lebron iced it when up by four.

Loss is a loss. Lakers can play a lot better than this. You cannot point the finger at Nash.

Lakers were not ready for this miami team.

Sent via tapatalk 2
That was the key point in the game.....killed the flow.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#931 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:23 am

Jakay wrote:

Did he even pass? I'm pretty sure he just started dribbling. It was so ninja the first four things he did didn't even count as real!

being completely honest, i thought he was able to stop the ball with his hand forcing kobe to go by without being able to pick it up, rolled over the ball while its still on the floor being shielded by his body, then got up and picked the ball up. thought it was a legit play.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#932 » by GAME TIME » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:24 am

Jakay wrote:

NOT REALLY.

He grabbed the ball and rolled on the ground and got up and made a few steps, I counted at least 4-5 steps on that. I guess traveling doesn't get called in the NBA like the olympics
kblo247
RealGM

Post#933 » by kblo247 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 am

Man that LeBron get up and dribble was outrageous, but it happened in such a smooth motion that it was totally up to ref interpretation
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#934 » by EArl » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 am

If we limit our turnovers and not miss some sloppy ass layups we win.
Lebron wanted more at the end and he played like it.
There were some questionable calls, but they didn't matter at the end.

Nash let me down a bit. I know Nash is this great PG, but he should have gave the ball to kobe and let him do the work. Howard palyed ok, but he needs to finish strong at the rim. gasol played well, and he would be an asset coming off the bench. Clark also played ok. His defense was missing a bit, but he is playing against Lebron.
I hope we keep this momentum and take it against Toronto and win by a lot.

To the Heat fan posting on this site, you guys are some of the good fans. The ones on the GB are annoying as hell.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#935 » by Jakay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 am

dockingsched wrote:
Jakay wrote:

being completely honest, i thought he was able to stop the ball with his hand forcing kobe to go by without being able to pick it up, rolled over the ball while its still on the floor being shielded by his body, then got up and picked the ball up. thought it was a legit play.

You know, I laughed at the replay, which made it look so much worse, but all said, I have no problem with that being allowed. He flat out hustled for that ball and got it.

Plus he totally did a ninja roll.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#936 » by GeneralNash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 am

Don't attack my guy. Nash managed pretty well. Not to say he did not make mistakes. Just like many other guys made mistakes. You cannot point fingers...but if you really want to point fingers we can look at kobe.... 8/25 field goals....6 turnovers....lost wade on a critical stretch... to put miami up 94 -90. see how easy it is to point fingers?

Nash had the most assists....high 4 turnovers for him I would say...and he did make mistakes as did a lot of other guys on this team.

But Nash is fine he is the las thing the lakers need to worry about. Lakers lost the game a lot earlier by commiting numerous turnovers, and because kobe had a bad shooting night. 8/25 just will not get it done against miami.

Sent via tapatalk 2
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,534

Post#937 » by Peregrine01 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Props to all the classy Heat fans.....betterdayz02,420 and TRG. Nice to know some quality posters still exist here.

Gotta give it up to Coach Spo, he doubled and trapped Nash all game, it threw a wrench in the Laker offense and kept it from flowing freely. When Nash can just probe and probe with the dribble he's going to make your defense pay. Tonight he really couldn't.

This is why I have limited faith in D'Antoni being an elite coach. He saw the doubling and trapping in the fourth and he still didn't call a time-out or make an adjustment. He simply relies on Nash to make things happen. That's a hefty load for any PG and especially when facing the best perimeter defending team in the league.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#938 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 am

GeneralNash wrote:Don't attack my guy. Nash managed pretty well. Not to say he did not make mistakes. Just like many other guys made mistakes. You cannot point fingers...but if you really want to point fingers we can look at kobe.... 8/25 field goals....6 turnovers....lost wade on a critical stretch... to put miami up 94 -90. see how easy it is to point fingers?

Nash had the most assists....high 4 turnovers for him I would say...and he did make mistakes as did a lot of other guys on this team.

But Nash is fine he is the las thing the lakers need to worry about. Lakers lost the game a lot earlier by commiting numerous turnovers, and because kobe had a bad shooting night. 8/25 just will not get it done against miami.

Sent via tapatalk 2

here ya go, this is probably the type of post u were going for:

how's this for a winning recipe:

leading scorer gonna shoot 32%? lets have him shoot as much as the 2nd,3rd,4th guys combined

rest of the team going to shoot 49% compared to your 32%? lets have him somehow only be able to get 1 assist with a team leading 6 turnovers

stop focusing on his offense, he's the defensive stopper now.... lebron/wade combine for 28 for 45 (62%), 66 pts, 11 rbs, 5 stls, 13 ast, only 3 TO's

amiright?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#939 » by GeneralNash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 am

dockingsched wrote:
GeneralNash wrote:Don't attack my guy. Nash managed pretty well. Not to say he did not make mistakes. Just like many other guys made mistakes. You cannot point fingers...but if you really want to point fingers we can look at kobe.... 8/25 field goals....6 turnovers....lost wade on a critical stretch... to put miami up 94 -90. see how easy it is to point fingers?

Sent via tapatalk 2

here ya go, this is probably the type of post u were going for:

how's this for a winning recipe:

leading scorer gonna shoot 32%? lets have him shoot as much as the 2nd,3rd,4th guys combined

rest of the team going to shoot 49% compared to your 32%? lets have him somehow only be able to get 1 assist with a team leading 6 turnovers

stop focusing on his offense, he's the defensive stopper now.... lebron/wade combine for 28 for 45 (62%), 66 pts, 11 rbs, 5 stls, 13 ast, only 3 TO's

amiright?

No I am not trying to single kobe out. My point is everyone needs to be accounatable. I actually thought kobe needed more shots in the 4th. My point is kobe needed to have a great game for lakers to win. But yes, his poor efficiency was part of the problem. If he had his standard 30 point game we would not be pointing fingers.

Sent via tapatalk 2
dreamchaser
Banned User
And1: 166

Post#940 » by dreamchaser » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:57 am

good game laker fans, i know there was one heat fan on here trolling earlier but trust me i'm not here to troll, i know it's been an up and down season for u guys but i was actually shocked by how well the lakers played today, like i said to DEEP3CL on our forum the only thing the lakers need to focus on is their turnovers, the lakers as a team had 20 turnovers tonight and we only won by 9pts, that's A LOT of turnovers that could of been pts for this laker team and if they didn't turn it over that much could you imagine how much they would win by.

i was calling pau gasol "soft" before the game but hell the way he played today made me want to trade that t-rex on the team named chris bosh for gasol, loved the dwyane wade vs kobe bryant matchup because the media was so focused on kobe bryant vs lebron james when they never had a shoot out against each other like how lebron/melo, lebron/durant, etc. they only guard each other for segments in the game compared to wade & kobe guarding each other for 4 quarters. of course being the heat fan that i am i wanted to see wade get back at kobe because of how bad kobe owned him last year, not only did kobe dropped 33 to wade's 16 and even got wade fouled out because wade wasn't getting back at him on the offensive end so he tried so hard to guard kobe to the point where it was pathetic. dwight just dominated every single heat defender threw at him tonight which was incredible and nash is still recovering from an injury which is limiting him, and i can tell because i was a huge fan of steve nash back in phoenix, my favorite player outside of the heat and he still is...

this season is defiantly not over for the lakers, as basketball fans we all know that having a team full of all-stars means they have to have chemistry to be sucessful and injuries and coaching changes have held this lakers team back from reaching their full potential. i hope y'all do make the playoffs and take on okc in the first round with y'all playing at your best because that matchup would be so epic. i got so much respect for this lakers franchise, especially since imo magic johnson is the greatest basketball player to ever touch a basketball. they've been dominating this league ever since i was born and way before i was born, the lakers aren't done...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers