ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#841 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:08 am

I like this one a lot. And you know Minnesota will go for it, because they get a good white guy. I have a feeling Orlando would just cut us out to get at DWill themselves, though.

well the problem with that is that they are log jammed at the 4 anyway and D will has proven that he should not be playing the 3 so they would shy away from adding another 4 when they have so many already. Plus they want the pick more than they would want D will. and i doubt Mini gives up that pick for just Redick and i Doubt the magic would just trade redick for D will straight up. They get more with us than without us.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 885

Post#842 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:32 am

Wizards also have two 2nd round picks in this draft they can throw into a deal.

I just am not sure how much I'd want Williams. I really wanted him in the draft because I thought he'd be able to play the 3 in the NBA, but that seemingly is not the case. As an undersized 4, is he really any better than Singleton or a healthy Booker?
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#843 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 am

I think he is better, maybe not as good on the D end as singleton. But we can not afford to even keep singleton on the floor as bad as he is on the O side of things. i think in the right system with proper usage he can be a good player. I think if the deal is right and we get him he will be better out of mini.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#844 » by tontoz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:07 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:Wizards also have two 2nd round picks in this draft they can throw into a deal.

I just am not sure how much I'd want Williams. I really wanted him in the draft because I thought he'd be able to play the 3 in the NBA, but that seemingly is not the case. As an undersized 4, is he really any better than Singleton or a healthy Booker?

Undersized? His standing reach is 1" higher than Horford and he weighed 248 at the combine.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#845 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:17 am

I agree he is not all that undersized. he has the physical tools to hang with NBA power forwards.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#846 » by jivelikenice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:39 am

Williams with 10 & 7 in a trade showcase start for the Wolves....3 for 9 from the field. I'm wavering on him. Antother potential stretch 4s out there?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#847 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 am

jivelikenice wrote:Williams with 10 & 7 in a trade showcase start for the Wolves....3 for 9 from the field. I'm wavering on him. Antother potential stretch 4s out there?

The Wolves looked sooooo slowwwwwww against the Clips when Barrea wasn't playing. Their athletic slowness doesn't help Williams. Love would actually make them look more athletic. And Rubio is not ready to play at a high level. It just might be possible that Rubio's been overrated - just sayin.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#848 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 am

Yeah i have never liked R.R. I guess i am just not big on euro players who never learned how to play in college. sure there are some good ones yes, but there are just as many busts to.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,388

Post#849 » by shrink » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:53 pm

dangermouse wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:what about this trade ?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bz82wue
3 way with mini and magic
Wiz gets : D will and Roy.
Magic gets : Barea or Ridnour and Crawford, Maybe a first round pick from mini.
Mini gets : Ariza and Redick and maybe the NYK second round pick from the wiz.

We buy out roy and take the cap room and Crawford and ariza won't be missed and we add Dwill.
Orlando gets guard help and another first round pick to use in their rebuild.
Mini gets a legit 2 guard and the vet Sf that they are looking for.

if orlando wants more we can always give them booker, singleton since they can both play the 3 and they are weak there just for filler and they we keep our second. Also mini has two first rounders this year so they would probably be ok moving it.

after this move we could move NENE work parts and picks, i agree i do not mind holding on to ariza for a while but if we can get cap room, young talent or picks out of him i say we do it.

I like this one a lot. And you know Minnesota will go for it, because they get a good white guy. I have a feeling Orlando would just cut us out to get at DWill themselves, though.

We know a lot about ORL. Rumors from MIN are that the Wovles are actively pursueing Redick, who would be a perfect fit in Adelman's system. We've also heard that ORL doesn't like Williams, so you stepping in as a third team would make a lot of sense. Rumor has it that if MIN wanted to do a deal this far from the trade deadline, ORL demanded Williams plus a 1st, which is a ridiculous amount considering Redick is a UFA at the end of the season. He's probably the most popular player on that team, and very happy there -- there is a real chance that even if he was traded, he'd take less money to go back to ORL on a longterm deal this summer.

MIN fans would love Redick, but if you're asking them to eat Ariza too, give up Ridnour or Barea (who I feel both have slightly positive trade value), and possibly give up a 1st, you're getting way too good a deal here.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#850 » by tontoz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:06 pm

So Minny covets a white player? Color me shocked.
shrink
RealGM

Post#851 » by shrink » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 pm

White is the joke, but actually it's international players. Spain, Puerto Rico, two Russians, Serbian, etc.

We just signed Gelabale - french, but black.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#852 » by shrink » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:30 pm

I gave a little thought to the Redick situation, and maybe they'd move him if they could dump Turkoglu's final year? Would you guys do Williams for $5 mil in 2013 payroll plus Seraphin?

MIN GIVES: Williams + Roy + Steimsma
MIN GETS: Redick + Seraphin + Ariza

WAS GIVES: Seraphin + Veseley + Ariza
WAS GETS: Williams + Turkoglu

ORL GIVES: Redick + Turkoglu
ORL GETS: Vesely + Roy + Steimsma

I'm not sure I like it for you guys -- I've given up on Veseley and have to use him as salary filler because, even with Ariza going out, you're absorbing a lot of salary for one year. Seraphin needs to be the guy for MIN too, since they have no back-up centers on the team after this trade. However, it seems to me that the $5 mil in 2013 payroll is not such a big deal for you, since 2014 seems to be the year you'll clear the books.

Personally I think this is too much value for Redick's expiring. Maybe it works better sending Ariza to ORL, so they cut $5 mil off Turkoglu?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,286

Post#853 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 pm

What about a much simpler version of the trade:

WAS sends: Seraphin + Vesely
WAS receives: D.Williams

ORL sends: Redick
ORL receives: Seraphin + Vesely

MIN sends: D.Williams
MIN receives: Redick

We could throw in an Ariza for Roy swap if Minnesota wants Ariza.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#854 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 pm

nate33 wrote:What about a much simpler version of the trade:

Isn't JJ an expiring? Not sure MIN goes for this. ORL and WAS say yes yes yes.
shrink
RealGM

Post#855 » by shrink » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Even if ORL doesn't like Derrick Williams, if they want Williams + a pick for Redick, I can't imagine they'd trade him for Seraphin and Veseley without additional sweetener.

GhostsOfGil wrote: Isn't JJ an expiring? Not sure MIN goes for this. ORL and WAS say yes yes yes.

I agree with you -- since they could lose Redick as a rental very easily, it's not worth the risk. The MIN front office may disagree with us though. I think the fair thing is for there to be another asset in for insurance.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#856 » by tontoz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm

shrink wrote:White is the joke, but actually it's international players. Spain, Puerto Rico, two Russians, Serbian, etc.

We just signed Gelabale - french, but black.

10 days don't count. :lol:
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#857 » by jivelikenice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm

I know ppl are down on Seraphin (including me) for his shot selection and regression on the boards, but he's still a young bigman with post moves who didn't really start getting PT until the latter portion of last year. I wouldn't include him in any deal for Derrick Williams.
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#858 » by jivelikenice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:59 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:

Isn't JJ an expiring? Not sure MIN goes for this. ORL and WAS say yes yes yes.

Why does Wash say yes yes yes? Again, what has Derrick Williams proven except for being a high pick in a bad draft. If you knew nothing about who was drafted where or their college careers and just ranked the three players (Williams, Vesely, Seraphin) based on what we've seen in the NBA; its 1. Seraphin, 2. Williams, 3. Vesely
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#859 » by Deivy202 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Still wondering why noy teams traded yet.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#860 » by Induveca » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 pm

I'd happily ship out Seraphin and Vesely at this point to take a chance on Williams.

Think they've all seen their ceilings already in current situations. Williams has seen the least floor time, and still has the most potential in my estimation......good deal for us.

Return to Washington Wizards