ImageImage

PG: Bucks beat Suns: THE STREAK IS OVER!!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Re: PG: Bucks beat Suns: THE STREAK IS OVER!! 

Post#141 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Steve210 wrote:
Portland on Sat. night is going to be tough, but if they could come home 3-1 on this road trip, that would be very impressive.

I agree. A 3-1 trip with the loss to the Lakers would be impressive.

We're right there again with this team teasing us. You want to emotionally bite but then we get let down.

Let's see what happens on Saturday.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#142 » by Epicurus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Personally I think the Bucks are loaded, a very deep team with little fallofff between starters and backups. The opposite is the Blazers where the falloff is monsterous--a very good and sometimes excellent starting five and absolutely no NBA ready backup (with a couple of NBA finished reserves). Even the Bucks-hated Gooden would be a top two reserve now on the Blazers. Neither the 2nd or 3rd PG backup on the Blazers is close to the Bucks' PG backup. I think the Bucks will have an easy time next game, unless the Blazers have one of their ontarget 3s onslaught.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#143 » by Epicurus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Personally I think the Bucks are loaded, a very deep team with little fallofff between starters and backups. The opposite is the Blazers where the falloff is monsterous--a very good and sometimes excellent starting five and absolutely no NBA ready backup (with a couple of NBA finished reserves). Even the Bucks-hated Gooden would be a top two reserve now on the Blazers. Neither the 2nd or 3rd PG backup on the Blazers is close to the Bucks' PG backup. I think the Bucks will have an easy time next game, unless the Blazers have one of their ontarget 3s onslaught.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#144 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm

I've been saying this is a good team all season and have stood by that even after the worst losses. I can accept the inconsistency because some of the best players are quite young, it's been understandably hard to set the rotations, and there's been a lot of turmoil. I never really expected them to hit their stride until the second half, and I'm actually happy and impressed that they've managed to tread water this long - especially with their two best offensive players, MDJ and Beno, missing time and with Ersan/Ellis playing so much worse that what they're capable of.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#145 » by A Diddy2231 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Epicurus wrote:Personally I think the Bucks are loaded, a very deep team with little fallofff between starters and backups. The opposite is the Blazers where the falloff is monsterous--a very good and sometimes excellent starting five and absolutely no NBA ready backup (with a couple of NBA finished reserves). Even the Bucks-hated Gooden would be a top two reserve now on the Blazers. Neither the 2nd or 3rd PG backup on the Blazers is close to the Bucks' PG backup. I think the Bucks will have an easy time next game, unless the Blazers have one of their ontarget 3s onslaught.

You can say that again!

As nice as it is having a good bench..it doesn't help that the starters and bench guys are all so inconsistent
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,413

Post#146 » by -Jragon- » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm

When Beno is running the team so smoothly and making shots..... I have to admit that I cringe when Jennings comes to the scorers table to come in. I honestly don't understand how Jennings gets a pass here and how he gets so much love in this forum. Trade him immediately while he is on his high from the ECPOW.

Our best unit these days is:
1 - Beno
2 - Ellis
3 - Dunleavy
4 - Henson
5 - Sanders

Start them and play them all 30+ min. When Beno had that many weapons to pass to (including his consistant shot) we look like a decent offense. We can no longer afford to have Ersan and Moute in besides some backup minutes because it is such a waste on offense. Trade Jennings first so he doesn't lose value or if we're letting him walk anyways he can be a spark off the bench.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#147 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:37 pm

N8Frog wrote:I know it's the personality of the board and I know many don't like how the Bucks are run, but I do agree with Jimmy that no matter what happens the vocal majority just kill everybody. If we went on a 5 game winning streak but Monta shot 25% in that 5th win, majority of the posts would be killing him and livid b/c Tobias isn't playing. Everybody can have their opinion and everyone has valid points, but yeah, sometimes its a little much when everybody and everything is getting killed...and this is coming for a pessimistic guy. :)

:lol: true

although I do want to see Tobias get a minute here and there.
KeyRabbit
Rookie
And1: 38

Post#148 » by KeyRabbit » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:53 pm

DrugBust wrote:
KeyRabbit wrote:As long as the replacement is someone who's as good as Tommy Heinsohn I will be thrilled.

FTFY.

:D

Gracias, amigo
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#149 » by JayMKE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:54 pm

First time I've been to the US Airways Center and first time I've been to an NBA game outside of the Bradley Center. It's a pretty nice place, concourse is way nicer and there is a bit more variety when it comes to concession stands.

While I was standing in line I saw John Hammond walking past, wish I wasn't so I could of went and said something to him but always next year I guess... :-?

The arena itself is way less cavernous than the BC and the upper deck is about half the size. Seating configuration is obviously nicer on the lower level then the BC. One thing that I noticed tho were the seats were smaller, I was fine but that would not fly in Wisconsin. BC has a way nicer jumbrotron tho.

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I haven't looked at Ellis shot chart, but I feel like he missed every jump shot in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters...the only shots dropping for him were layups and scoops. In the end his percentage was better than it has been. He won the game with tough, clutch shots in the 4th quarter. But it wasn't pretty getting there. And most nights if you rely on him to win the game.....well, we're going to lose.

"The thing about the Bucks is they like to take a lot of jumpshots, but they are consistently not good at shooting....but sometimes they can get hot and that's when they're hard to beat"

-Johnny Mac summing up the Bucks last night and this season.

Was at the game, pretty much how I saw it. Monta was typical Monta until the fourth quarter when he started hitting those shots. Bad defense, bad shots, turnovers. Guess he hit em when they counted lol. Thought Phoenix should of tried to post him up with Dudley, I remember Dudley being a PF at Boston College. Just seemed like a total mismatch.

Jennings had a nice 1st quarter, pretty unremarkable after that. Pushed the pace well at the end tho.

It's pretty crazy how improved Larry is from last season. Game just comes way more easy to him now, not taking those crazy long jumpers or trying to beat guys off the dribble. Catching and dunking, all he needs to do. His hands are so much better, he's not fumbling the ball when it's passed to him and he's using his 7'6" wingspan to put his hands on almost every rebound. You're really starting to notice teams avoiding taking it inside on him now. He's about as legit as a center as you can have in this league right now in my opinion. Imagine him with a PG like Jason Kidd or Steve Nash.

I like Henson, showed really nice post moves down low. Udoh seems really slow and stiff. Marquis Daniels sucks.
FREE GIANNIS
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#150 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:01 pm

with henson and sanders as our frontcourt of the future we REALLY need a pg who can drive and pass. a guy whose a threat at the rim to score or dish. a 3pt bomber like jennings is better if any of those guys were a back to the basket post threat but since their not...... weve got about the worst pg on this team as we could find as it would relate to what those guys could use.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#151 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:05 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:with henson and sanders as our frontcourt of the future we REALLY need a pg who can drive and pass. a guy whose a threat at the rim. a 3pt bomber like jennings is better if any of those guys were a back to the basket post threat but since their not...... weve got about the worst pg on this team as we could find as it would relate to what those guys could use.

blah blah :roll:

Jennings is great for this squad going forward. What the Bucks need is a star 2 guard for the future.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#152 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I honestly don't understand how Jennings gets a pass here and how he gets so much love in this forum.

Hi, I'm the RealGM Milwaukee Bucks Forum. Have we met? Theres probably less than 5 contributors that consistently support Brandon Jennings. Theres probably 20-50 that consistently hate Brandon Jennings. And the rest are bi-polar.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#153 » by emunney » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:10 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:I honestly don't understand how Jennings gets a pass here and how he gets so much love in this forum.

Hi, I'm the RealGM Milwaukee Bucks Forum. Have we met? Theres probably less than 5 contributors that consistently support Brandon Jennings. Theres probably 20-50 that consistently hate Brandon Jennings. And the rest are bi-polar.

Maybe my favorite thing on this board is when 10 people commiserate about nobody criticizing player x. It happens A LOT.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#154 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:10 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

:lift:

You're right though, the support is vastly under-championed than the disdain. In the end, Brandon will prove the haters wrong.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#155 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:with henson and sanders as our frontcourt of the future we REALLY need a pg who can drive and pass. a guy whose a threat at the rim. a 3pt bomber like jennings is better if any of those guys were a back to the basket post threat but since their not...... weve got about the worst pg on this team as we could find as it would relate to what those guys could use.

blah blah :roll:

Jennings is great for this squad going forward. What the Bucks need is a star 2 guard for the future.

in other words we need dwayne wade so we can get away playing a pg who should be playing the role of mario chalmers.

we agree.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#156 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Another bites the dust.............You lose to the Bucks, you get fired....Gentry Out
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#157 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:56 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

Count me as someone who supports Jennings. I think there's more than 5 people on here that like him.

But I have no bones about being critical over his play when warranted.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#158 » by Run-MKE 311 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Great win, that was an ugly stat hanging over the Bucks' head.

Is it to much to ask to put together a 4-5 game winning streak?
Ball so hard.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks