Trades for the Bucks to blow it up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Re: Trades for the Bucks to blow it up 

Post#281 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:If the Bucks could get a Ersan/Gooden/Udoh for Gasol type deal they would be beyond stupid to not do it for salary purposes alone. Best case, you get two years of a re-energized Gasol. Worst case is he still sucks, and you have a massive expiring next season, while dumping your two albatross contracts, and opening up minutes for Henson. I could probably be convinced to throw in Harris for a late 1st to get the deal done too.

Why on Earth would Gasol be energize coming to the Milwaukee **** Bucks? If he wants out, it's to a legit contender in a nice location.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#282 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:52 pm

I like Green and Leonard, but I like Moute/Harris more. We need to remember that role players in SA always look better than they would other places too. Part of it is having the best coach in the league, part of it is the attention of their core three.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#283 » by giraldo5 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm

DrugBust wrote:There's an article on Grantland right now about how the Spurs are in desperate need of athleticism to put around their aging stars. The two guys I'd want most from them are Leonard and Green. Imagine slotting those two next to Jennings, Henson and Sanders. I don't want to say the core is complete, but that's a team to build around.

The article throws out the names Gay, Smith, Horford, Cousins and Thad Young. Obviously if Horford could be had, we're not beating that without offering Sanders and that defeats the purpose. But I wonder if a package of LRMAM, Ellis and Harris could get it done? The Bucks would have to take back Stephen Jackson, but we could waive his ass before he even got on a plane.

Wait, so the Spurs are looking for athleticism and you expect them to trade by far their most athletic guy in Leonard?

I would personally deal anyone for Leonard (including Sanders) but I don't see them moving him.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#284 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:54 pm

You'd deal Larry Sanders or John Henson for Kawhi Leonard? Wow.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,358

Post#285 » by emunney » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:56 pm

You know who have great athleticism?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#286 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm

I know, you'd think if they needed it they wouldn't move it. I only bring them up because it's what the article mentioned. But if they're looking for a guy who can guard stretch fours, LRMAM fits better than Leonard.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#287 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Personally, I would just move Monta for a pick and be done with it. Use FA to look at some young SG's. Keep the frontcourt as is. Harris longl-term wing scorer, Moute long-term wing defender. PF/C is set. Jennings I'm not completely sold on, but he's young and I'm not sure we can realistically find a better option. Plus he could still improve.
emunney
RealGM

Post#288 » by emunney » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Ellis, LRMAM, Przy, 2nd for Jax, De Colo, Green, 1st. Cut Jax with a **** sword.

We're not getting enough out of that, but the salaries work.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,087

Post#289 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:15 pm

From a chat today on Hoopsworld:

Steve
Hey Yannis, The Bucks have a number of bigs that aren’t playing much like Dalembert, Gooden, and Pryzbilla, do you see John Hammond making a move? Also what do you think Monta’s trade value is?

Yannis Koutroupis
Oh yeah, definitely. Like I said last year, you don’t let your coach go when you have a roster full of untouchables. Monta’s value is high, I could see him moving.

I'm liking this a lot. Not to mention Gery Woelfel's nugget yesterday about the Suns planning to "make a hard push" for Monta...

Is it possible for the Bucks to somehow not screw this up?
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#290 » by jr lucosa » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm

emunney wrote:Ellis, LRMAM, Przy, 2nd for Jax, De Colo, Green, 1st. Cut Jax with a **** sword.

I like De Colo. I would have to consider this one but Moute makes it real hard.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#291 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:21 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
I'm liking this a lot. Not to mention Gery Woelfel's nugget yesterday about the Suns planning to "make a hard push" for Monta...

Even if Gery's information about Phoenix pursuing Monta in the offseason is complete bunk, I love it for the pressure it puts on Kohl's cronies. They know Monta has some value (far more than a guy like CV did in his FA season). Kohl's cronies will not want to let that asset walk for nothing in the summer. If they think others will lure Monta away, the odds increase greatly that we see a Monta trade by the deadline.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,586

Post#292 » by tski1972 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:From a chat today on Hoopsworld:

Steve
Hey Yannis, The Bucks have a number of bigs that aren’t playing much like Dalembert, Gooden, and Pryzbilla, do you see John Hammond making a move? Also what do you think Monta’s trade value is?

Yannis Koutroupis
Oh yeah, definitely. Like I said last year, you don’t let your coach go when you have a roster full of untouchables. Monta’s value is high, I could see him moving.

Suns just fired their coach. 8-)
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
emunney
RealGM

Post#293 » by emunney » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Phoenix will likely get at least one extra pick this offseason (Memphis' via Minnesota). They also have the Lakers' lotto protected pick. And of course their own.

Ellis and Przy for Frye, Dudley, picks.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#294 » by Max Green » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Pairing Gasol in the starting front court with Larry while mentoring Henson for a year or 2 would be awesome. I wonder what Dallas would want for Mayo, he's my target in the off season if we can't get a nice SG in the draft, or OKC is stingy with Lamb.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#295 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 pm

I think the only way Ellis is not dealt is if we we're sitting like 29-22 or 30-21 at the break and are looking like a legit contender to do something in the playoffs. That would mean we'd have to go 9-4 or 10-3 through 2/13. With our inconsistencies, that is very unlikely.

It does sound like Ellis has value though, kind of surprised by that considering his #'s but maybe teams are figuring he's unhappy and/or just a bad fit here. I don't really think he's been a malcontent and he does play hard imo. His shooting numbers and shot selection are the biggest problems.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#296 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:35 pm

emunney wrote:Ellis, LRMAM, Przy, 2nd for Jax, De Colo, Green, 1st. Cut Jax with a **** sword.

Sold.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#297 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:42 pm

I must be one of the few people on this board who really doesn't like Jeremy Lamb. Just looking at his D-League stats..shooting 42% on around 18-19 shots a game. 29.5 from deep with 3 assists and turnovers each per game. The only think that surprises me is that he's getting to the line a fair amount (5fta). I kind of got down on him prior to the draft and was glad the Bucks didn't take him. I'll probably turn out to be wrong but not impressed at this time.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#298 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Steve

Yannis Koutroupis

When and where is Gery say this??? Would like to listen to the whole conversation
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#299 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 pm

N8Frog wrote:It does sound like Ellis has value though, kind of surprised by that considering his #'s but maybe teams are figuring he's unhappy and/or just a bad fit here. I don't really think he's been a malcontent and he does play hard imo. His shooting numbers and shot selection are the biggest problems.

I'm not surprised. Some Bucks fans apparently look at small sample sizes, like, say, Monta's numbers in a Scott Skiles led offense. GM's probably look at bigger sample sizes like, I don't know, a career. Plus, you're right, Monta plays his a** off every dam night.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#300 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:58 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:

Steve

Yannis Koutroupis

When and where is Gery say this??? Would like to listen to the whole conversation

He said it yesterday while on The Big Show on 1250 AM. Said it right before I got home from work, so right around 5PM. I'm sure they have an audio archive. Check it out

Return to Milwaukee Bucks