Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#961 » by Halcyon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:53 pm

nate33 wrote:
sashae wrote:
nate33 wrote:I get the sense that most of them are on the same page and are total professionals working as hard as they can to get better. By all accounts, Okafor and Nene are that way. When you listen to Martell Webster, you can tell he really cares about winning. Beal is a good guy. Booker is a good guy. You have to assume that a walk-on like Temple is giving 100% just to hold his job, as is Cartier Martin. Wall hasn't been around so I don't think he counts. That really only leaves a few people who could conceivably be a problem: Crawford, Singleton, Seraphin, Ariza and Price.

YOU FORGOT ABOUT VESELY. That guy is a bad apple, I can see it in his eyes.

Gee. I forgot about Vesely. How could that possibly have happened?

Who?

Him?

Randy, I’m sure that Egg is a very nice person, I just don’t want you spendin’ all your minutes gettin’ him all glittered up for a trade, you know?
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#962 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Yet another Laker trade idea...

Lakers trade: Gasol and 2nd
Lakers receive: Gay and Bargnani

Raptors trade: Bargnani and Calderon
Raptors receive: Gasol and LAL/DET 2nds

Memphis trades: Gay
Memphis receives: Prince, Jerebko, and Bynum

Pistons trade: Prince, Jerebko, Bynum, and 2nd
Pistons receive: Calderon

TRADE ID 6202444

Why for Los Angeles? They take on lots of 2014-15 salary, but add two guys that may work better next to Nash (and also have contracts that expire the same year as Nash). If Howard can return healthy and control the paint defensively, maybe it works?

Why for Toronto? They finally add a post presence. Yes, Gasol makes a ton per year, but his deal ends a year before Bargs does so it could work better for Toronto depending on what their future plans are.

Why for Memphis? They don't save much money, but they break up Gay's deal into smaller pieces that help their depth. They also might be easier to move later.

Why for Detroit? Pure money saver for them. They already gave up a protected pick to dump Ben Gordon. This gives them ultimate flexibility to build around Monroe/Drummond.

Flame away!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#963 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:18 pm

As long as the Wizards aren't involved in a Gay and Bargnani trade, I'm all for it. :wizard:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#964 » by verbal8 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Yet another Laker trade idea...

Lakers trade: Gasol and 2nd
Lakers receive: Gay and Bargnani

Raptors trade: Bargnani and Calderon
Raptors receive: Gasol and LAL/DET 2nds

Memphis trades: Gay
Memphis receives: Prince, Jerebko, and Bynum

Pistons trade: Prince, Jerebko, Bynum, and 2nd
Pistons receive: Calderon

TRADE ID 6202444

Why for Los Angeles? They take on lots of 2014-15 salary, but add two guys that may work better next to Nash (and also have contracts that expire the same year as Nash). If Howard can return healthy and control the paint defensively, maybe it works?

Why for Toronto? They finally add a post presence. Yes, Gasol makes a ton per year, but his deal ends a year before Bargs does so it could work better for Toronto depending on what their future plans are.

Why for Memphis? They don't save much money, but they break up Gay's deal into smaller pieces that help their depth. They also might be easier to move later.

Why for Detroit? Pure money saver for them. They already gave up a protected pick to dump Ben Gordon. This gives them ultimate flexibility to build around Monroe/Drummond.

Flame away!

I don't think Toronto should get picks and the best player. I think Detroit can get there part done with out throwing in a pick. I could see it either way with the Lakers giving the pick to Memphis or not.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#965 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Gotta laugh about the Wiretap story that the Cavs are clearing cap space for 2014 so they can sign LeBron. After all that was said, how could they possibly think he'd come back? Is Gilbert going to all of a sudden suck up to him? I hope LeBron strings him along again - and lets him down hard again on national tv - just to see how Gilbert reacts.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#966 » by closg00 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:58 pm

An intriguing big man has emerged on the trading block that the Miami Heat could go after. League sources said the Denver Nuggets are looking to deal center Timofey Mozgov, who has been unable to get much playing time on a deep team and has an expiring contract. Mozgov is aware he could be moved by the Feb. 21 trade deadline. FOXSports Florida

So barring the addition of another Big, JaVale is in for increased minutes. Part of the Summer spent with Hakeem followed by a part-time play so-far this season. After Moz is gone, more minutes for JaVale.

I would trade Moz for Ves in a second. Ves is going to be hard to pawn-off on a other team.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#967 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:18 pm

^ I dunno, closg00. Hasn't Moz been betting scraps for minutes all year? I don't get the impression that he and McGee have been in a season-long competition and JaVale has just now pulled away. Seems to me that Moz has been out of the rotation for a while and trade talk for him is heating up just because of the approaching deadline. So maybe McGee's role doesn't change much. We'll see what happens.

And yes, I wouldn't mind adding him as a backup big. Depending on what the package is for the inevitable Rudy Gay acquisition, maybe we look at him for depth. Wonder of Denver would want to take a look at a guy like Singleton?
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#968 » by closg00 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 am

LyricalRico wrote:^ I dunno, closg00. Hasn't Moz been betting scraps for minutes all year? I don't get the impression that he and McGee have been in a season-long competition and JaVale has just now pulled away. Seems to me that Moz has been out of the rotation for a while and trade talk for him is heating up just because of the approaching deadline. So maybe McGee's role doesn't change much. We'll see what happens.

And yes, I wouldn't mind adding him as a backup big. Depending on what the package is for the inevitable Rudy Gay acquisition, maybe we look at him for depth. Wonder of Denver would want to take a look at a guy like Singleton?

Look at his game logs Rico, the games in-which Moz plays McGees minutes are reduced. With Moz gone, McGee should be getting around 25-30+ minutes a night.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/479 ... fKbVykvLYF
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#969 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 am

^ Stats, sh-mats. I don't buy it. How many of those minutes were clutch minutes with less than 8 seconds on the shot clock? Huh?! Don't make me get tontoz in here!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#970 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 pm

LyricalRico wrote:With Dallas completely floundering, does what does Cuban do now? If he stays the course and goes the cap space route, he's basically got one shot - Dwight Howard. But wouldn't Howard have the same question as Deron Williams: "How are you going to afford to build a complete team?"

Might the Mavs be "buyers" at the trade deadline for some of the overpaid guys on longterm deals that are on the market (Bargnani, Gay, etc)? Maybe even Nene?

I am officially in Cuban's head!

:D

"Every day I'm going through rosters trying to come up with ideas for Donnie," Cuban said. "We want everybody to know that the Bank of Cuban is open and if it's the right deal, we don't mind taking back money."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/01/14 ... rylink=cpy
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#971 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

LyricalRico wrote:I am officially in Cuban's head!

:lol:
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#972 » by Nivek » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:04 pm

How about Okafor to Dallas for Kaman (expiring), Jones and Crowder?
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,151

Post#973 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Nivek wrote:How about Okafor to Dallas for Kaman (expiring), Jones and Crowder?

You wish!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#974 » by fishercob » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:43 pm

The freakin' San Antonio Spurs are amazing.

They're 29-11, 5th in ORtg and 4th in DRtg. They lost to OKC in the WCF last year b/c they had no answer for James Harden. With him out of the way, they may have a better shot at another ring next year.

On top of that, they have just $37M in committed salary for next season, even though Manu and Splitter will be FA's. They can clear more cap room by declining an option on Bonner as well.

I wouldnt be surprised to see them keep Manu and Splitter at a lower combined number than they make now and have the cap room for another addition (JJ Redick?). If they wanted to do something really bold, they could move on from Manu too.

But man, what an organization. Clearly the gold standard.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#975 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:40 pm

^ Well, don't forget that GSW really helped them out by letting them out of that terrible contract they gave Richard Jefferson. If he's still there, the picture is really different.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#976 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Yeah, but what about when Tim Duncan loses a step... by the time he turns 50. It's just a matter of decades before they go downhill. :)

They have done a great job of extending the careers of their big 3 by limiting their minutes and giving them the occasional day off. They've brought along Splitter beautifully. Once they finally let him play 30 plus minutes a game, he'll likely be an all-star caliber big. No organization does as good a job at blending preparing for the future and playing for the current year.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#977 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... de_Options

The Los Angeles Lakers are skeptical of completing a significant trade ahead of the Feb. 21 NBA trade deadline.

"We don't have many options," Mitch Kupchak said Wednesday. "It's not like we're going to be active or overly active in the trade market."

The Lakers' most likely would trade Pau Gasol if a major trade is executed.

The Lakers have dealt with injuries throughout the season, making a full evaluation of their roster difficult for Kupchak.

They need to fire him. No trade options. Using injuries as an excuse for not being able to evaluate talent.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#978 » by MikeTheKid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Alvin Gentry Fired, wasn't his fault since they pretty much let everyone walk. He'll land another head coaching gig

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... ed_By_Suns
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#979 » by hands11 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:27 am

Hawks Sign Jannero Pargo To 10-Day Contract

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... y_Contract
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#980 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:21 am

Wow, Gasol permanently to the bench. Either LA is fine with having the most expensive 6th man ever, or a trade will happen (regardless of what they may be saying).

Return to Washington Wizards