ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

maxpower88
Senior
And1: 174

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#461 » by maxpower88 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Spacing wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Hassassin wrote:Yep. He is the poison pill status on his contract

What does that mean? We have to take on more salary than his current ~3 mil. to make a deal happen?

I beleive you take an average salary from his contract. So even though his extension kicks in next summer you would do $38M contract + $3M this year / 5 years

Again, this is a guess. I don't want the RealGM gang to beat me up!

Edit: Isn't DeRozan a BYC player not a poison pill player?

Again, I am not too sure.

Poison Pill means he has to be traded for a player of equal value to his new contract.

So if a player is on the last year of his $4 mill/year contract and has already signed an extension at $8 mill/year, he is considered to be worth $8 million even if you trade him during his $4 million season.
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#462 » by Hassassin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:02 pm

If a team extends a first round draft pick's rookie scale contract (see question number 58) and then trades the player between the date the extension is signed and the date it takes effect, the player's trade value for the receiving team is the average of the salaries in the last year of the rookie scale contract and each year of the extension. This is called the Poison Pill provision. The sending team uses the player's actual salary when calculating their total outgoing salary. They use the current-year maximum salary in place of the (unknown) maximum salary for a future season, if necessary.

For example, if a player on the last year of his rookie scale contract earns $2 million in 2011-12, and his contract is extended for four seasons starting at $10 million, with 4.5% raises, then his salary in each season will be:

Season Salary
2011-12 $2,000,000
2012-13 $10,000,000
2013-14 $10,450,000
2014-15 $10,900,000
2015-16 $11,350,000

If this player is traded during the 2011-12 season, then his outgoing salary from the sending team's perspective is his actual salary -- $2 million. But the player's incoming salary from the receiving team's perspective is $8.94 million -- the average of all five seasons. Such a player would be very difficult to trade -- a legal trade can only be accomplished if both teams add additional salary to the transaction, or if they include a third team that is able to absorb excess salary.

Link
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,816

Post#463 » by SaveTheHens » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Not worth trading Demar right now, same goes for Bargnani. They're both on big contracts and have been playing poorly. Demar shouldn't be traded this year, I feel his potential is worth more than giving up too much in a trade just to get rid of him. Same goes for Bargnani at this point, however if he does go on a nice streak before the trade deadline and if we can get actual value for him rather than dumping him off, then it becomes worth it.

I'd consider Kleiza, Calderon and Ross for Rudy Gay
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#464 » by TGW » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 pm

maxpower88 wrote:I'm not sure if OKC would be so reluctant to do that trade. They only give up Westbrook, who is their second best player, but who also hogs the ball a lot. Calderon is a pass first PG for Durant and Mayo is a good second option.

But I think Dallas are getting shafted, they would most likely say no to the trade.

Wow....just wow.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ice102
Banned User
And1: 207

Post#465 » by Ice102 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 pm

*Trade everyone for 2014 Draft scenario:

1- Amir Johnson and John Lucas to LAL for Blake, Duhon and 2014 1st rd. pick and 2015lottery protected 1st rd. pick
2- Kyle Lowry to UTA Bell, Watson, Caroll and 2014 1st rd. pick (top 5 protected)
3-Calderon, LAL 2015 1st to MIL for Gooden and 2014 1st rd. pick
4- DeRozan, Anderson and a future protected 1st rd. pick to SAS Jackson and 2014 1st rd. pick

Keep Davis, Val, and Ross as your core guys to build around. We'll have a 2014 lottery pick along with these 2014 picks:
LAL 1st rd. pick
UTA 1st rd. pick (top-5 protected)
MIL 1st rd. pick
SAS 1st rd. pick

That's 5 picks in 2014, most likely. We can combine them to have 2 or 3 strong picks.

Just a scenario if we decide to SERIOUSLY rebuild.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#466 » by Dalek » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:39 pm

If Memphis is looking to move contracts and save some money, I think Gay is attainable.

Calderon
Fields
Ed Davis

for

Rudy Gay
Bayless

Fields could be a good glue guy for them, although he is not a scorer, while Calderon gets to be teamed with Gasol.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#467 » by sweetcity » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:53 pm

We need cohesion, Lowry Anderson and Rudy Gay are all good friends.

DeMar DeRozan for Ersan Illysova

Andrea Bargnani for Wilson Chandler and Tim Mozgov

Jose Calderon + Fields + Ed Davis for Rudy Gay + Bayless

Raptors

Lowry + Bayless
Anderson + Ross
Gay + Chandler
Illysova + Johnson
JV + Movgov
JustaKnickFan
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Post#468 » by JustaKnickFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Ed Davis and Calderon for Josh Smith. Big risk but maybe J-Smoove decides he loves White Vegas?
rumz
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#469 » by rumz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Wizards trade: Wall, Vesely, Seraphin to Toronto
Raptors trade: Lowry and Valanciunus to Wash

Wall/Jose/Lucas
DeBrick/Ross/Peaches
AA/Fields/Vesely/Kleiza
Ed/Acy/mop girl/random tall guy @ YMCA/Primo Bargnani
Amir/Seraphin/Gray

Colangelo's wet dream come true as the Raptors get the coveted 8th spot only to get swept by the Heat.
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#470 » by Los Manos » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:29 pm

So how about these two simple trades which I think make sense for each team, first with Sacramento:

Terrence Ross + Andrea Bargnani for Tyreke Evans + Jason Thompson

I don't want to lose Ross but this deal makes a lot of sense for Sac. They don't have to overpay for Evans and in return get a big man to stretch the floor next to Cousins which they currently don't have and with the move to Seattle they get a home state kid full of upside. Someone to market to the new fans and generate excitement with his style of play. I did originally have Salmons in instead of Thompson but if you could squeeze him out of Sac then we have a solid rotation of bigs moving forward.

and now to Memphis:

Calderon + DeRozan for Rudy Gay + Tony Wroten

Memphis get below the luxury tax and gain a starting two guard along with short-term PG help to reinforce their backcourt. This gets Memphis exactly what they need, tax relief and immediate help along with upside in DeRozan.

Both these deals have a whole lot to like for all teams involved and aren't over complicated. I want to move forward with our front court rotation of JV, Ed & Amir with Lowry at the point. The relationship that exists already between Lowry & Gay would make me a whole lot calmer on the idea of Lowry re-signing here. I also think the roster a good balance of experienced heads and solid leadership that could really be the jumping off point for Tyreke in his career.

Lowry / Lucas / Wroten
Evans / Anderson
Gay / Fields / Kleiza
Davis / Johnson
Valanciunas / Thompson / Gray

I know there is nothing new in the idea of going after Evans or Gay but let me know you thoughts on the deals from all sides and how the raptors line-up after the deals.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#471 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 pm

Los Manos wrote:So how about these two simple trades which I think make sense for each team, first with Sacramento:

I don't want to lose Ross but this deal makes a lot of sense for Sac. They don't have to overpay for Evans and in return get a big man to stretch the floor next to Cousins which they currently don't have and with the move to Seattle they get a home state kid full of upside. Someone to market to the new fans and generate excitement with his style of play. I did originally have Salmons in instead of Thompson but if you could squeeze him out of Sac then we have a solid rotation of bigs moving forward.

and now to Memphis:

Memphis get below the luxury tax and gain a starting two guard along with short-term PG help to reinforce their backcourt. This gets Memphis exactly what they need, tax relief and immediate help along with upside in DeRozan.

Both these deals have a whole lot to like for all teams involved and aren't over complicated. I want to move forward with our front court rotation of JV, Ed & Amir with Lowry at the point. The relationship that exists already between Lowry & Gay would make me a whole lot calmer on the idea of Lowry re-signing here. I also think the roster a good balance of experienced heads and solid leadership that could really be the jumping off point for Tyreke in his career.

Lowry / Lucas / Wroten
Evans / Anderson
Gay / Fields / Kleiza
Davis / Johnson

I know there is nothing new in the idea of going after Evans or Gay but let me know you thoughts on the deals from all sides and how the raptors line-up after the deals.

These are actually really good trades if they work salary wise. Not sure if Memphis wants Demar since they want to shed salaries but I think the Kings may do that deal.
Sterling_Archer
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#472 » by Sterling_Archer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:38 am

Los Manos wrote:So how about these two simple trades which I think make sense for each team, first with Sacramento:

and now to Memphis:

Lowry / Lucas / Wroten
Evans / Anderson
Gay / Fields / Kleiza
Davis / Johnson

These look like really good deals I would do them for sure. Makes us young very athletic long and can play defence. The depth is still solid as well.
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#473 » by Cipoteman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 am

To PHI

Demar DeRozan

To TOR

Thad Young
2014's 1st round draft pick
HolyMage110
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#474 » by HolyMage110 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:45 am

Trade
DD Bargs Lowry Calderon Fields
for crappy players and picks and tank for next season for a shot at Wiggins.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,490

Post#475 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:05 am

I hope some trades happen soon so we have new players to be disappointed with.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#476 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:20 am

I just hope we are targeting Gordon, Gay and Tyreke.
carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Post#477 » by carl_english » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 am

Cipoteman wrote:To PHI

Demar DeRozan

To TOR

Thad Young
2014's 1st round draft pick

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: TAKE IT AND RUN
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#478 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 am

I'd put everyone on the trade block to be honest, even Valanciunas, but only if he'd bring in a prime talent or a top 5 pick. Otherwise, I'd take Val off the block.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#479 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I'd put everyone on the trade block to be honest, even Valanciunas, but only if he'd bring in a prime talent or a top 5 pick. Otherwise, I'd take Val off the block.

I just said this in another thread.

I hate bringing up Drummond but damn had we drafted him I really think we could have easily flipped Valanciunas for Harden and that's really where I wish we would go with this. Personally I don't see our management or ownership having the balls to trade for picks so instead I'm just hoping we trade for players like a Harden that have at least the potential to break out (ie/ Gordon, Tyreke and Gay)....admittingly the more Gordon plays the less likely I think he's even touchable because he's a stud who is going to break out just like Harden but I would still try to find some gambles around the league.

Our management absolutely will not commit to a true rebuild so let's all please accept that. The reality is we have to now try and take some gambles in our trades for the most part and of course our draft picks (after this year) on some upside and damn the risk already.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#480 » by ballislife » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:19 am

Calderon + DeRozan + filler if needed (not Davis or Ross)

for

Rudy Gay + a backup PG

That should be enough to pry Rudy away from Memphis. He might be happy here playing with his good friend Lowry. I just feel we need to get the best out of DeRozan's contract. He's signed for the long term, and he's a good, young player (in NBA teams eyes)... Calderon is one of the better pure PGs with a nice expiring going forward. I dont see why this deal isnt possible... unless Memphis absolutely hates DeRozan. I think the only thing holding this deal back is BC's love for DD, the same way he's loved Bargs over the years.

Return to Toronto Raptors