ImageImage

Trades for the Bucks to blow it up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Re: Trades for the Bucks to blow it up 

Post#301 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:59 pm

N8Frog wrote:I think the only way Ellis is not dealt is if we we're sitting like 29-22 or 30-21 at the break and are looking like a legit contender to do something in the playoffs. That would mean we'd have to go 9-4 or 10-3 through 2/13. With our inconsistencies, that is very unlikely.

It does sound like Ellis has value though, kind of surprised by that considering his #'s but maybe teams are figuring he's unhappy and/or just a bad fit here. I don't really think he's been a malcontent and he does play hard imo. His shooting numbers and shot selection are the biggest problems.

Not as unlikely as you might think. Looking at the schedule they might can get on a roll

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#302 » by RandyBreuer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm

emunney wrote:You know who have great athleticism?

If Monta got to spend his time off the court basking in the valley of the sun he would truly have it all.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#303 » by giraldo5 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm

LUKE23 wrote:You'd deal Larry Sanders or John Henson for Kawhi Leonard? Wow.

I would yes. Wouldn't be thrilled ( especially Larry) about it with either but ultimately would. When's the last time the Bucks have had a wing who was good offensively, wasn't a chucker and had the ability to be a shutdown wing defender. Popovich raves about Leonard and there is no coach I respect more than him. I like Danny Green but I wouldn't really give up anything of value for him.

Henson for Leonard

Jennings, Dunleavy for Bledsoe

I'd be in heaven
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#304 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm

DrugBust wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:If the Bucks could get a Ersan/Gooden/Udoh for Gasol type deal they would be beyond stupid to not do it for salary purposes alone. Best case, you get two years of a re-energized Gasol. Worst case is he still sucks, and you have a massive expiring next season, while dumping your two albatross contracts, and opening up minutes for Henson. I could probably be convinced to throw in Harris for a late 1st to get the deal done too.

Why on Earth would Gasol be energize coming to the Milwaukee **** Bucks? If he wants out, it's to a legit contender in a nice location.

Because he despises the situation he's in now. If he came here, he could be the first or second option on offense potentially, and he'll want to prove he can still play.
Do it for Chuck
BucksBrew
Junior
And1: 112

Post#305 » by BucksBrew » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Ok so i see alot a Gasol deals so i'll use to the last 1 I saw

Gasol
for
Ersan
Dalembert

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6207839

Now say we could pull this off in addition. Would you do it?
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6207846

Sanders
Gooden
Moute

For

Bosh

Gasol / Udoh
Bosh / Heson
Harris / Dunleavy
Ellis / Lamb/Daniels
Jenning / Udrih

Only reason i bring up Bosh is he seemed annoyed on the court last night and Miami my have to do something next year to get under the cap so maybe they pull the trigger this year. I dont think it's possible just a little pipe dream :)

If i did the math right that puts us at about 53 million next year if Ellis ops in say we get jennings at 4/48
65 million plus our draft picks unless we trade them and so we pay Tax one year then Gasol will come off the books

I dont know much about the Salary cap and all the numbers and rules but i could get down watching this team

Just some random thoughts
Blame Rasho wrote:It is the same circle jerk fans like always going on and on and the sad part is that they don't even realize how pathetic they sound to a neutral fan.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#306 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Jennings, Ellis, Harris for Rondo, Lee

Ersan, Gooden, Udoh, 2nd for Pau, Meeks

Rondo/Udrih
Meeks/Lee
Moute/Dunleavy
Gasol/Henson
Sanders/Dalembert

Go!
Do it for Chuck
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#307 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 pm

DrugBust wrote:The Bucks finally have depth with youth and talent and people want to screw with it, displacing our best big in the process. If you were doing this for a guy like Aldridge I'd be on board. That's a nice fit. But not a 32 year old with knee tendinitis who'd be miserable in Milwaukee.

If I were hammond I'd do what I could to secure another lotto pick. If people consider this a week draft and want to move their picks, take advantage of it and try to land the SG the Bucks desperately need.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#308 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Im trying to think of a SG that might be available come Feb. Here is the list I came up with

Lee
Mayo
Matthews
Dudley
Korver

Would anybody want any of these?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,463

Post#309 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:26 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Im trying to think of a SG that might be available come Feb. Here is the list I came up with

Lee
Mayo
Matthews
Dudley
Korver

What do you guys think of Monta for Derozan? You get a guy with a long contract who's friends with BJ
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#310 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 pm

We don't want any part of DeRozan's deal, especially for expirings.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#311 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:Im trying to think of a SG that might be available come Feb. Here is the list I came up with

Lee
Mayo
Matthews
Dudley
Korver

What do you guys think of Monta for Derozan? You get a guy with a long contract who's friends with BJ

Hell no.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#312 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:We don't want any part of DeRozan's deal, especially for expirings.

Just curious, would you rather him or mayo next to jennings. I think Mayo will sign a deal similar to Derozan's 4/40
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#313 » by mattg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

Honestly, neither. I'm surprised so many here like mayo that dislike Jennings, considering he's very much the same guy. Mayo is just a jump shooter that doesn't really contribute much else. I don't know how much of OJ some have seen, but its not like he's changed his style of play this year, he's just gotten the green light and minutes. He was massively hot shooting from 3 to start the year which is why his efficiency is good, but that's definitely not sustainable, and he's already had some major slumps too.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#314 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 am

mlloyd10 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:We don't want any part of DeRozan's deal, especially for expirings.

Just curious, would you rather him or mayo next to jennings. I think Mayo will sign a deal similar to Derozan's 4/40

At $10 mill plus, I don't want any part of either of them.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,360

Post#315 » by emunney » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:27 am

Yeah, I wanted to go after Mayo last offseason at a MLE contract because I felt he was available for it and would outperform it. Now that he's in a situation wherein somebody's going to shoot him with the money cannon, no thanks.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#316 » by M-C-G » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 pm

How far off, or what picks would be needed to do something like this;

Atlanta Out
Petro, Morrow

Atlanta In
Kendrick Perkins

Oklahoma Out
Lamb, Perkins

Oklahoma In
Dalembert, Udoh

Milwaukee Out
Dalembert, Udoh

Milwaukee In
Morrow, Lamb, Petro

Atlanta trades to pieces that aren't being used for Perkins ( I have no idea what kind of value he may still have), not sure if they need something else to take on the salary, maybe a pick or a young prospect.

Oklahoma cuts salary, gets a defensive presence in Dalembert who is expiring, and a nice young defensive piece in Udoh for cheap.

Milwaukee gets two SG that could fit really well with Jennings, freeing up another Monte trade, and with Lamb you have your SG of the future. Petro basically just a body to throw in.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#317 » by M-C-G » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:15 pm

That would give us;

Jennings, Udrih, Lamb
Ellis, Morrow, Lamb
Dunleavy, Daniels, Harris
Illy, Henson, Gooden
Sanders, Petro, Pryz

But then next year;
Jennings, Lamb
Lamb, Morrow (resign?)
Harris, Dunleavy (resign?)
Henson, Illy
Sanders, Gooden

Loads of cap space I would assume, plus draft pick to strengthen back up center and back up pg.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#318 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm

M-C-G wrote:How far off, or what picks would be needed to do something like this

I don't know the specifics of what would get a deal done, but would keep coming back to the Thunder as trade partners. They are in the WC so we don't need to worry about them (not like that would stop me from making a good trade but it would Kohl)

They've got two great young pieces in Lamb and that Raptors draft pick which currently is the sixth pick overall but has top 3 protection on it.

We've got quality bench guys who could help put them over the top in Dunleavy, Moute and Udoh.

Depends how greedy Presti is to win something this year or next. He might be tempted to bite on parting with one of those assets.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#319 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:29 pm

I was playing around on espn. Here is a TI

Milwaukee trade: Ersan Ilyasova & Monta Ellis
Receive: Wes Matthews & Shawn Marion

Portland trades: Wes Matthews & Jarred jeffries
Receive: M.Gortat

Suns trade: M. Gortat
Receive: Monta Ellis and Jarred jeffries bucks 2nd round pick

Mavericks trade: Shawn Marion
Receive: Ilyasova and suns second round pick

Just an idea

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#320 » by mattg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 pm

M-C-G wrote:How far off, or what picks would be needed to do something like this;

Atlanta Out
Petro, Morrow

Atlanta In
Kendrick Perkins

Oklahoma Out
Lamb, Perkins

Oklahoma In
Dalembert, Udoh

Milwaukee Out
Dalembert, Udoh

Milwaukee In
Morrow, Lamb, Petro

Atlanta trades to pieces that aren't being used for Perkins ( I have no idea what kind of value he may still have), not sure if they need something else to take on the salary, maybe a pick or a young prospect.

Oklahoma cuts salary, gets a defensive presence in Dalembert who is expiring, and a nice young defensive piece in Udoh for cheap.

Milwaukee gets two SG that could fit really well with Jennings, freeing up another Monte trade, and with Lamb you have your SG of the future. Petro basically just a body to throw in.

Can't see Atlanta doing it. Perkins isn't very good and has a big deal, plus they may need morrow now that Lou will is hurt. Don't think OKC bites either. Yeah they dump Perkins, but they give up a decent prospect in lamb to merely get back udoh who probably wouldn't play much at all other than some spot minutes.

As for that Portland/Phoenix deal, there's no way Portland can do that. They can't give up Matthews without getting a SG in return, they literally have no one else and the worst bench in the nba.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks