ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Heat @ Lakers. Thu/17/1/2013 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

PurpleGold
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Re: GT: Heat @ Lakers. Thu/17/1/2013 10:30 PM ET 

Post#941 » by PurpleGold » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:07 am

Tough loss, but despite all the turnovers and Kobe's off shooting, the game was still very winnable. Miami still has the same flaws... the Lakers will learn from this and exploit them in their next matchup. Dwight and Nash should be in better shape too. Can't wait for that one.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#942 » by EArl » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:15 am

iamworthy wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
tugs wrote:sick avi big game. it's so sick it has a fever.

Sigs that I make are open to everyone.

I modified it but I credited you on the sig.
Thanks!!!
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
HoopsIsLife
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#943 » by HoopsIsLife » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:28 am

kblo247 wrote: He couldn't play with Shaq either been he had to feed a post up big

From what I remember, Nash fed Shaq very well and probably even sacrificed his numbers to make sure Shaq was getting taken care of. Shaq made the All Star team his last year in Phoenix and had a sort of "comeback" year.

Anyway ... Spoelstra has been good at trapping Nash for several years now. He throws all kinds of stuff at him.

Nash didn't play that good tonight, but I think this team is coming together. They are right in games with the best teams and aren't even fully "healthy" yet.

Obviously, Nash may not be what he was in his prime, but he's got gas in the tank. Dude also had a broken leg, for crying out loud. Not sure he's even quite up to full speed.

I'm seeing progress but yeah, they have to make teams pay who try those schemes on Nash.
dub81
Sixth Man
And1: 182

Post#944 » by dub81 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am

A quote the concerned me after the game was Kobe saying he needs to be more aggressive from the start.

It concerned me because he was not shooting well today and he has Dwight and Paul going against the Heat's front court which is horrible. Even Chris Bosh is starting the dissppoint me with his softness. So I guess he thinks that he needs to play hero ball in order for the Lakers to win.

Wade was efficient and he socred on will when Kobe was guarding him and he forced alot of shots while Dwade was guarding him. He did not start to get off until the 4th qtr.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#945 » by Imadogg » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:02 am

I was at the game.

I am a witness.

That is all.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#946 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Not much to say about the game other than the Heat's defense was amazing. When that team puts their mind to it they really lock things up. If we even played the PNR half as well we'd be back in the hunt in no time. Very impressed with their overall defense. As a team they are outstanding.

I'm also surprised to see that Nash only had 4 turnovers. They must have assigned several of his to Kobe because it seemed like he was throwing bad pass after bad pass. Nash looked horrible last night. So did Kobe for that matter.

Oh well. A win last night would have been great and given us some nice momentum, but it looks like they really got up for this game and put the clamps down on us.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Lowkey
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#947 » by Lowkey » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:33 pm

dub81 wrote:A quote the concerned me after the game was Kobe saying he needs to be more aggressive from the start.
It concerned me because he was not shooting well today and he has Dwight and Paul going against the Heat's front court which is horrible. Even Chris Bosh is starting the dissppoint me with his softness. So I guess he thinks that he needs to play hero ball in order for the Lakers to win.

Wade was efficient and he socred on will when Kobe was guarding him and he forced alot of shots while Dwade was guarding him. He did not start to get off until the 4th qtr.

Kobe is my guy but sometimes he seems to have the bball IQ of Ben Gordon on the court. The last thing LA needs him being is more aggressive at trying to score.
BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#948 » by BJGOAT3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 pm

I thought Kobe tried to have some sort of a statement game like he does from time to time. He insistently tried to feed Dwight where he could've taken the shot and got himself into the rhythm. Dwight was hacked most of the time he fed the ball to him or was unable to catch it. Some might say that Kobe shot a lot with horrid efficiency but I think if he had shot more in the first quarter the game might have been a Laker W. Most of the shots Kobe missed were to get himself into the rhythm later on and those misses were caused by his real passive first quarter. He had a lot of opportunities where he broke the aggressive Heat defense and chose to pound the ball inside.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#949 » by leolozon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:30 pm

BJGOAT3 wrote:I thought Kobe tried to have some sort of a statement game like he does from time to time. He insistently tried to feed Dwight where he could've taken the shot and got himself into the rhythm. Dwight was hacked most of the time he fed the ball to him or was unable to catch it. Some might say that Kobe shot a lot with horrid efficiency but I think if he had shot more in the first quarter the game might have been a Laker W. Most of the shots Kobe missed were to get himself into the rhythm later on and those misses were caused by his real passive first quarter. He had a lot of opportunities where he broke the aggressive Heat defense and chose to pound the ball inside.

Lol Kobe apologist... He was 3 of 15 and he should have shot more. Okay...
Howard had 13 pts with what we could consider 13 shots (with FT), plus 16 rebounds and NO TURNOVER. And yet you blame him over Kobe who had 6 TURNOVERS, and 22 pts with what we could consider 26 shots.

"Some might say that Kobe shot a lot with horrid efficiency"??? No, everyone should say that Kobe shot a lot with very bad efficiency and a horrid turnover ratio. That's a fact, and you can't even say it? You have to say "Some might say"... Okay... I guess Kobe is like a religion to you. The important is not facts, but that you can keep believing no matter what.
BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#950 » by BJGOAT3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Have you even watched the game? Criticising Kobe is one thing but blindly saying he was 3 of 15 is idiotic. İf you've watched the game you would see how he tried not to shoot the ball in the first quarter and than he had to force shots to get into his rhythm and he wasn't successful until the 4th to do that. Dwight had multiple touches, you are only looking at the free throws he shot, he was the one almost got all the fouls that had put the Heat in the penalty for total fouls. Dwight generated around 15-16 fouls by himself the whole game, he shot a total of 13 free throws, got the heat committed 16 fouls, that makes around 23-25 possessions for Dwight because most of them were hacks to prevent him to get the ball down low. A couple of those 6 turnovers came from insisting feeding of Dwight down low. Go get yourself out of horse goggles, watch some games, facts are the things that have happened not what you read on the box score. If Kobe asserts himself in the first quarter more instead of only taking stupid bail out shots, he wouldn't need to shoot and this many in the 2nd and 3rd quarters anyways, but if you are incapable of understanding logic, then don't post. Overall, my post was a criticism of Kobe anyways.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#951 » by leolozon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm

BJGOAT3 wrote:Have you even watched the game? Criticising Kobe is one thing but blindly saying he was 3 of 15 is idiotic. İf you've watched the game you would see how he tried not to shoot the ball in the first quarter and than he had to force shots to get into his rhythm and he wasn't successful until the 4th to do that. Dwight had multiple touches, you are only looking at the free throws he shot, he was the one almost got all the fouls that had put the Heat in the penalty for total fouls. Dwight generated around 15-16 fouls by himself the whole game, he shot a total of 13 free throws, got the heat committed 16 fouls, that makes around 23-25 possessions for Dwight because most of them were hacks to prevent him to get the ball down low. A couple of those 6 turnovers came from insisting feeding of Dwight down low. Go get yourself out of horse goggles, watch some games, facts are the things that have happened not what you read on the box score. If Kobe asserts himself in the first quarter more instead of only taking stupid bail out shots, he wouldn't need to shoot and this many in the 2nd and 3rd quarters anyways, but if you are incapable of understanding logic, then don't post. Overall, my post was a criticism of Kobe anyways.

Yes I watched the game and Kobe shot horribly for 3 quarters taking as many shots as he usually takes.

But you are right, even when he shoots badly, it's Howard's fault or the system's fault or because he didn't shoot enough in the 1st quarter. He didn't just played a bad offensive game. And again, even with the missed FT Howard WAS more efficient than Kobe... so, yeah.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#952 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 pm

The Heat played near perfectly, Nash and Kobe had poor games, we committed, what, five turnovers in the first three minutes and allowed four dunks ... and for most of the game it was neck and neck.
Easy to see what Lakers need to work on - they just have to do it.
Nothing to be alarmed about, IMO. Encouraging.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
D-BE-LAW
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#953 » by D-BE-LAW » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Warning sent

Slava
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#954 » by CraZyPraiZ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Wonderllama wrote:The future is in good hands

That is the post of the year. Good one. I think you're front office needs changes to re-evaluate things. They are so used to just buying championships and now your team is old and needs new blood. I am not complaining as my Yankees do it the same way. For those counting on Howard he is NOT getting you any championships anytime soon. This can not be his team as he is not a leader and does not lead on the floor(brick hands,poor free throw shooter, always smiling even in defeat). He had great talent in Orlando and could not pull it off. Did you expect a change of scenery to make him a better ft shooter, or to cause him to learn how to catch a ball and not bring it down so it gets slapped out of his hands 7 out of 10 times? He is and always will be a mental midget. I am just glad that you are all seeing it now. For your sake I hope you don't resign him. He is not half the defensive player that he was under Stan and probably will never be a game changer on that end of the floor.
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#955 » by rand0m » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:47 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:

That is the post of the year. Good one. I think you're front office needs changes to re-evaluate things. They are so used to just buying championships and now your team is old and needs new blood. I am not complaining as my Yankees do it the same way. For those counting on Howard he is NOT getting you any championships anytime soon. This can not be his team as he is not a leader and does not lead on the floor(brick hands,poor free throw shooter, always smiling even in defeat). He had great talent in Orlando and could not pull it off. Did you expect a change of scenery to make him a better ft shooter, or to cause him to learn how to catch a ball and not bring it down so it gets slapped out of his hands 7 out of 10 times? He is and always will be a mental midget. I am just glad that you are all seeing it now. For your sake I hope you don't resign him. He is not half the defensive player that he was under Stan and probably will never be a game changer on that end of the floor.

Sure he had decent talent in Orlando but LA was just better that year. His defense is obviously improving (quickness, movement, etc...) and expecting him to be in peak shape so soon was ludicrous. So we let Dwight walk and who do you propose we replace him with?
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Post#956 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:55 pm

CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#957 » by CraZyPraiZ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:15 pm

rand0m wrote:
CraZyPraiZ wrote:

Sure he had decent talent in Orlando but LA was just better that year. His defense is obviously improving (quickness, movement, etc...) and expecting him to be in peak shape so soon was ludicrous. So we let Dwight walk and who do you propose we replace him with?

That's a good question but it's something the front office needs to address. I really believe D12 will not be able to handle the pressure in LA. A bad season like this will be an excuse for him to walk away. He needs to become the Dwight of old and he needs to dominate on defense and rebound. He needs a coach that will call him out on it. I would love to see him become Bill Russell and forgot about the ball. The kid in Orlando is averaging almost 12 and 12 and rarely has a play called for him. Dwight would just sulk if that happened to him. If he can regain that mentality then the sky is the limit for the Lakers.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,221

Post#958 » by ardee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:41 pm

So, everyone's healthy again, it's certainly a plus point.

What I'm looking for:

1) Nash/Pau hooking up more. This was supposed to be the bread and butter of the team when we assembled in the summer.

2) MDA continuing to have Kobe defend the primary ball-handler unless it's an out and out physical mismatch ala LeBron in which case we let MWP take over.

3) The bigs need to get their act together defensively in particular Dwight. The main advantage of Dwight over Bynum is that he's supposed to move his feet in transition. I barely saw that today.... I mean 68 points in the paint? Needs to change.

The fact that LeBron had a GOAT level game and we kept it close all along is what encourages me. So let's move on and be optimistic.
ball teacher
Starter
And1: 259

Post#959 » by ball teacher » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Lakers were in the game until the end even though Kobe was 8-25, yet the team leader says he needs more help from his teamates! The teamates help keep the Lakers in the game, Kobe couldn't seal the deal, and no other Laker got the chance to go off. Kobe had more shots than probably every other starter combined, but he needs more help. if 3 all star players as teamates aren't enough help then you don't need to be called a leader. The buck stops at Kobe.
"Thou shalt not test basketball Mcjesus at the rim or ye shall receive the forearm of righteousness" Flip Murray
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,335

Post#960 » by Pablo Escobar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Last night showed the difference between a contender and a pretender. Hopefully we can make the playoffs..
Plata o Plomo?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers