ImageImageImageImage

Redick receiving interest from teams

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Re: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#101 » by claudio-br » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:01 am

Chandler - Redick swap would be cool

We would have to clear up cap space and also make sure our rookies would still get playing time and that would work fine.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#102 » by CourtsideTV » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 am

pretty sure chandler has chemistry with afflao in denver. would be a good move.
Work Hard
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#103 » by Viper1500 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 am

CourtsideTV wrote:pretty sure chandler has chemistry with afflao in denver. would be a good move.

It makes a lot of sense and I don't think it makes us too good to compete for top draft picks either.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#104 » by tiderulz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:37 pm

T-Cat wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
T-Cat wrote:I Hear Orlando is interested in Rudy Gay...why not make a deal and get Iggy from Denver

Redick/Davis for Iggy

trading 2 good players for 1 good player is not good :D

Good point but neither of them has all star potential like Iggy an d. Davis trade value has dropped since the injury

13 ppg on a team lacking a true star, Iggy is a good defender and passer, but I dont see him as an all-star anymore.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#105 » by tiderulz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 pm

claudio-br wrote:Chandler - Redick swap would be cool

We would have to clear up cap space and also make sure our rookies would still get playing time and that would work fine.

i think Redick and Chandler make close enough that no real cap space moves need to be done. And Chandler could get burn at SF and let us sit Turk. Chandler could probably teach Harkless some stuff too as he worked his way into being a pretty decent player and is still young.
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#106 » by londoncollin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 pm

If we wanted Iggy we would have gotten him in the Howard trade.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#107 » by drsd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Lots of buzz on a Redick for Derrick Williams deal. I do not fully see the point. Orlando has loads of PFs. Williams is an asset and trading up in size and for youth is always a good idea. But this would simply be a step for other, future trades.

Thoughts on Redick for Williams?

tiderulz
RealGM

Post#108 » by tiderulz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 pm

drsd wrote:Lots of buzz on a Redick for Derrick Williams deal. I do not fully see the point. Orlando has loads of PFs. Williams is an asset and trading up in size and for youth is always a good idea. But this would simply be a step for other, future trades.

Thoughts on Redick for Williams?

been mentioned a lot in the past few months. Many people here arent believers in Williams, a few are. Many believe that Williams would have to be combined with a 1st to trade for Redick. Not sure whether Minnesota would believe that for an expiring FA Redick.
applash
Junior
And1: 47

Post#109 » by applash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 pm

tiderulz wrote:
been mentioned a lot in the past few months. Many people here arent believers in Williams, a few are. Many believe that Williams would have to be combined with a 1st to trade for Redick. Not sure whether Minnesota would believe that for an expiring FA Redick.

He has already said he will sign where the money is. If Minny offers it I doubt he refuses.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#110 » by tiderulz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 pm

applash wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

He has already said he will sign where the money is. If Minny offers it I doubt he refuses.

where has he said that? The only statements I have heard from Redick is that he loves Orlando and would prefer to stay, all things being equal.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#111 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:50 pm

tiderulz wrote:
applash wrote:

where has he said that? The only statements I have heard from Redick is that he loves Orlando and would prefer to stay, all things being equal.

Naturally, players would rather stay in a nice city and warm climate like Orlando with an owner that can spend money. But, if it comes down to making an extra $5-10 million over a 4 year contract in another city, then money talks because they could always come back and retire down here after basketball with an extra few mil in the bank. Besides, Minnesota is one of the nicer areas to live up north.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#112 » by tiderulz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
applash wrote:

Naturally, players would rather stay in a nice city and warm climate like Orlando with an owner that can spend money. But, if it comes down to making an extra $5-10 million over a 4 year contract in another city, then money talks because they could always come back and retire down here after basketball with an extra few mil in the bank. Besides, Minnesota is one of the nicer areas to live up north.

i'm not saying JJ wouldnt do it. but the poster said that Redick said he will sign where the money is and I hadnt heard him say anything like that. Was just wondering where that came from.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#113 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:18 pm

tiderulz wrote:
i'm not saying JJ wouldnt do it. but the poster said that Redick said he will sign where the money is and I hadnt heard him say anything like that. Was just wondering where that came from.

Actually, I have never heard JJ ever talk about money or contracts before. News to me. Maybe a few years ago when he was negotiating his last contract, but I don't remember that far.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#114 » by woosah » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:55 pm

^It probably came from this article, but Redick wasn't quoted. It was said by Kyler:

Kyler says the Magic would like to re-sign Redick, and that Redick would be open to returning, but notes that the Duke product will sign elsewhere as an unrestricted free agent "if Orlando doesn’t come with serious money and years."

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2013/1/15/3879774/orlando-magic-nba-trade-rumors-jj-redick-arron-afflalo-jameer-nelson

I know I made a point about him being 29 and will probably be his last chance to get the most, but that is a guess obviously. I don't think JJ has ever made mention of money in a quote.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#115 » by Javanar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:06 pm

He is 29 so he will be looking for a long term loaded contract. Simple as that.

If he continues to play like this, he can easily get 3-4 years / 8 M - 10M contract. Teams in North would like to give him this kind of deal.

Redick worked in off-season and is in better shape this year. He is quicker and stronger. That is why he is better than ever.

But I highly doubt he will produce like this in upcoming years.

I think he should be traded.
I am not a native English speaker...
Malik Starks
Junior
And1: 48

Post#116 » by Malik Starks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:07 pm

I've already said I don't think Redick is going anywhere. To me that is most consistent with Hennigan has said, but more importantly what he has done up till now. None of the moves I've seen talked about make much sense anyway, we'll see in a month or so.
applash
Junior
And1: 47

Post#117 » by applash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 pm

tiderulz wrote:]

It was from a report. I doubt he said it directly. It was something along the lines of loving to stay here if Orlando was willing to pay. I figure that would extend pretty much anywhere. But it's conjecture on my part.
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#118 » by SmiteaDwight » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:18 pm

if we get at least two of the three following things in a deal i would be happy:

Draft pick(s)
Nice young player or prospect
losing hedo or harrington
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#119 » by drsd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:57 pm

SmiteaDwight wrote:if we get at least two of the three following things in a deal i would be happy:

Draft pick(s)
Nice young player or prospect
losing hedo or harrington

Recik's trade seems likely in a package with Harrington.

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#120 » by Bensational » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 am

Redick seems much more influential over our W's and L's than Afflalo.

in W's, Redick averages 18ppg on 52%fg and 48%3fg, along with 2.6rpg and 5.2apg in 31.6mpg
in W's, Afflalo averages 18ppg on 48%fg and 47%3fg, along with 4.7rpg and 2.8apg in 37.4mpg

in L's, Redick averages 12.5ppg on 40% and 32%, 2.1rpg, 3.8apg in 30mpg
in L's, Afflalo averages 17ppg on 43% and 28%, 3.2rpg, 3apg in 37.4mpg

in some ways, i'll be annoyed if we trade JJ only to retain Afflalo. i like AA, but i feel like JJ has really been dogged his dues. AA isn't any kind of significant upgrade, and he's not having a significant breakout that i'd imagine the Magic would have liked. give JJ 36mpg and the freedom to put up as many shots as he wants, and i'm sure you'd see just as much of a breakout, if not a bigger one.

Return to Orlando Magic