ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Heat @ Lakers. Thu/17/1/2013 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

OtW
Suspended
And1: 1,860

Re: GT: Heat @ Lakers. Thu/17/1/2013 10:30 PM ET 

Post#961 » by OtW » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Good game Lakers fans. You all played us tight. I thought the Heat were going to be facing a deficit when Dwight started getting either open, or good position in the paint, mid-way through the 2nd half.

Like others said, do not listen to the haters. It will be scary to see a fully healthy Dwight on this team. He altered many of our shots and gave us a **** load of problems on the glass when he was on the floor. I see you guys making the play offs and actually making a deep run. Despite all of the concern over your defense and age, I just have such a hard time believing that this Lakers team will not make the play offs.

BTW, is Meeks in the dog house or something?
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#962 » by leeprettyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 pm

OtW wrote:Good game Lakers fans. You all played us tight. I thought the Heat were going to be facing a deficit when Dwight started getting either open, or good position in the paint, mid-way through the 2nd half.

Like others said, do not listen to the haters. It will be scary to see a fully healthy Dwight on this team. He altered many of our shots and gave us a **** load of problems on the glass when he was on the floor. I see you guys making the play offs and actually making a deep run. Despite all of the concern over your defense and age, I just have such a hard time believing that this Lakers team will not make the play offs.

Thanks for the words... And yes Meeks is in the doghouse. When he isnt making shots he is practically useless out there. Horrible on ball defender also. Just think we dont play to our strength enough this season (Post)
BigAkers
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#963 » by BigAkers » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:35 pm

am i the only person who doesn't see the big deal about airballing a free a throw? a miss is a miss regardless....
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#964 » by GeneralNash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 pm

OtW wrote:Good game Lakers fans. You all played us tight. I thought the Heat were going to be facing a deficit when Dwight started getting either open, or good position in the paint, mid-way through the 2nd half.

This lakers team is better than the heat. You cannot expect to win making 20 turnovers with the oppsosing team having 21 fast break points.

Sent via tapatalk 2
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#965 » by Run-MKE 311 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Kobe will not make it through the rest of the season at this rate. Yikes, he is putting hella miles on his body so far this season.
Ball so hard.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#966 » by AcecardZ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:54 pm

GeneralNash wrote:
This lakers team is better than the heat.

Before the season began I would have been inclined to agree with this comment but after watching or listening to every game so far this year I've changed my mind. I'm confident our players are every bit as skilled or even more skilled than Miami's players but Miami has a pretty big edge in athleticism over us. So much so we can't overcome it with whatever edge we may have in skill. Perhaps this might change as the season progresses and Dwight's health improves along with maybe trading Pau for combo forward that can defend and rebound and/or a legit backup PG that can handle the rock under pressure and break down defenses with dribble penetration.

We're just not athletic enough at this point to beat OKC or Miami in a seven game series. <sigh>
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#967 » by GAME TIME » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:02 am

It's amazing what Letravel gets away with in this league

smh

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l-Q6-8KZKQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXkg0ydpsmM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#968 » by leeprettyp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 am

GAME TIME wrote:It's amazing what Letravel gets away with in this league

smh

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l-Q6-8KZKQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXkg0ydpsmM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

lol thats crazy
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#969 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:26 am

ball teacher wrote:Lakers were in the game until the end even though Kobe was 8-25, yet the team leader says he needs more help from his teamates!
This comment here is how I can tell you've never played the game. What Kobe meant was that he needs others moving...setting picks, stagger screens so he can move off the ball to get easier shots rather than having to iso so many times. Is that clear now ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
PandGneverfold
Banned User
And1: 42

Post#970 » by PandGneverfold » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 am

It's no use deep, you can already tell from the post that he doesn't get it.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#971 » by JohnVancouver » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:39 am

AcecardZ wrote:
GeneralNash wrote:

Before the season began I would have been inclined to agree with this comment but after watching or listening to every game so far this year I've changed my mind. I'm confident our players are every bit as skilled or even more skilled than Miami's players but Miami has a pretty big edge in athleticism over us. So much so we can't overcome it with whatever edge we may have in skill. Perhaps this might change as the season progresses and Dwight's health improves along with maybe trading Pau for combo forward that can defend and rebound and/or a legit backup PG that can handle the rock under pressure and break down defenses with dribble penetration.

We're just not athletic enough at this point to beat OKC or Miami in a seven game series. <sigh>

Miami has two things the Lakers don't (aside from LBJ and Wade), a bench, and a bunch of guys who've bought into playing team defense.

I will give Pau this - he's a nice passer but he makes Bosh look like Metta in terms of toughness
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#972 » by AcecardZ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:31 am

JohnVancouver wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:
GeneralNash wrote:

Miami has two things the Lakers don't (aside from LBJ and Wade), a bench, and a bunch of guys who've bought into playing team defense.

I will give Pau this - he's a nice passer but he makes Bosh look like Metta in terms of toughness

Lol Bosh? Pau makes Charmin look tough!!! (In case you hadn't noticed I'm extremely tired of Pau's softness and other teams taking advantage of it! When Pau's on the court the Lakers are a massive joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#973 » by Tien » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:09 am

I saw some positive things about this team. If they make 6-7 seed, I can see them getting out of the 1st round.

They have veterans in Nash / Kobe than will be able to handle the emotional swings of this team.

They're due for a multiple game run.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers