BKN-DEN-PHX

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Prokys Nets
Senior
And1: 12

BKN-DEN-PHX 

Post#1 » by Prokys Nets » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:29 pm

To Brooklyn:
Marcin Gortat
Michael Beasley

Why?: They take on Beasely`s deal to get Gortat, who they would start at the 4.

To Denver:
Mirza Teletovic
Rights to Euro Bojan Bogdanovic

Why?: Mozgov will most likely be traded. They get Mirza who is a stretch 4 who has been shooting the ball, and playing well lately. Plus they get the rights to Bojan Bogadanvic.

To Phoenix:
Kris Humphries
Timofey Mozgov
2014 Nets 1st
2016 Nets 1st

Why: They get rid of Beasley`s contract, get a replacement center, and future firsts from Brooklyn.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,338

Re: BKN-DEN-PHX 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:43 pm

You cant say they get out of Beasley's contract when they are taking on more guaranteed money in Hump. Essentially you are asking Phoenix to give you Gortat and pay off Hump and in exchange they get to rent a center for a couple months and get a couple future picks when they are already loaded with picks. Maybe Phoenix is willing to do this, after all assets are assets and if they dont have big FA plans this offseason then maybe they would consider this. Value is bad tho.

Denver might like swapping Mosgov for Mirza but do they want to add salary for next year for him?

And again a terrific deal for Brooklyn. Beasley's contract isnt a negative for them and he would be an upgrade to their 2nd unit.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#3 » by PetroNet » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Prokys Nets wrote:To Brooklyn:
Marcin Gortat
Michael Beasley

Why?: They take on Beasely`s deal to get Gortat, who they would start at the 4.

To Denver:
Mirza Teletovic
Rights to Euro Bojan Bogdanovic

Why?: Mozgov will most likely be traded. They get Mirza who is a stretch 4 who has been shooting the ball, and playing well lately. Plus they get the rights to Bojan Bogadanvic.

To Phoenix:
Kris Humphries
Timofey Mozgov
2014 Nets 1st
2016 Nets 1st

Why: They get rid of Beasley`s contract, get a replacement center, and future firsts from Brooklyn.

Big giant hell no from the nets...

2 first rounders, teletovic, bogdonovic, a large expiring after next year for Gortat? AND we have to take on beasley as well?

no thanks
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#4 » by The Rebel » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Can't see the Nuggets trading Mozgov for Teletovic alone.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#5 » by Kerrsed » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Suns pass. Not enough value or savings here.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#6 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 pm

The Rebel wrote:Can't see the Nuggets trading Mozgov for Teletovic alone.

Definitely with this.

Hump + assets for Gortat + Beasley is interesting on value. You can quibble the assets, but Hump should be similar salary to Gortat + Beasley next season so that wouldn't be the issue.

However, I think the Nets trade package should be best spent on doing something other then pairing Gortat and Lopez in the front court. And if Phx can get 1 good asset for Gortat, its better then taking 3 ok ones.
basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

Post#7 » by basketbob » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 pm

I think they would and should. Tele's a better fit for nuggs and moz a better fit for BRK. Nuggs desperately need floor spreaders. A couple weeks ago in Portland, they hit their first shot from more than 5 feet with 30 seconds left in the game (and almost won!). Followup trade would likely involve either brewer or chandler for a shooter who's more of a pure 2-guard than either of them, such as redick.
More free is better
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#8 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:51 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:

Definitely with this.

Hump + assets for Gortat + Beasley is interesting on value. You can quibble the assets, but Hump should be similar salary to Gortat + Beasley next season so that wouldn't be the issue.

However, I think the Nets trade package should be best spent on doing something other then pairing Gortat and Lopez in the front court. And if Phx can get 1 good asset for Gortat, its better then taking 3 ok ones.

I would love Gortat.

He can pick and roll with D will
He can start or allows Blatche to start
We get a third center.

Beasley has some minor potential and buy low type risk. As Wallace ages, Beasley will be entering his 'prime'.

Hump, Brooks, Teletovic, Taylor, $4m TPE
for
Gortat, Beasley, Frye, Telfair

D.Will l Watson l Telfair
JJ l Bogans l Stack
Wallace l Beasley l Shengelia
Gortat l Beasley l Evans
Lopez l Blatche l Frye
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Manimal
Starter
And1: 1,419

Post#9 » by Manimal » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 am

basketbob wrote:

I think they would and should. Tele's a better fit for nuggs and moz a better fit for BRK. Nuggs desperately need floor spreaders. A couple weeks ago in Portland, they hit their first shot from more than 5 feet with 30 seconds left in the game (and almost won!). Followup trade would likely involve either brewer or chandler for a shooter who's more of a pure 2-guard than either of them, such as redick.

Except Teletovic wouldn't crack the Nuggets' rotation. So you basically trade an athletic 7 footer who doesn't play for a stretch 4 who wouldn't play. Pretty pointless, especially since the 7 footer is generally going to hold more value at any given point in time.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,307

Post#10 » by DirtyDez » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 am

Tbh this isn't bad for Phoenix. Some more trade-up ammo.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
basketbob
Junior

Post#11 » by basketbob » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 am

Manimal wrote:
basketbob wrote:

Except Teletovic wouldn't crack the Nuggets' rotation. So you basically trade an athletic 7 footer who doesn't play for a stretch 4 who wouldn't play. Pretty pointless, especially since the 7 footer is generally going to hold more value at any given point in time.

I think he might have a place in nuggs rotation. He'd play between brewer and mozgov , with miller at point, all of whom need someone to pull a defender away from the basket, preferably along with another shooter, the best of whom they have now is hamilton, though he's not San Antonio enough for Karl.
More free is better
basketbob
Junior

Post#12 » by basketbob » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:36 am

my bad, i meant that tele would play between Mcgee (not mozgov) and brewer (or chandler, if they go that way. i think chandler wants to go where he's featured more. orlando?)
More free is better

Return to Trades and Transactions