ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Assault Weapons Ban Clarification

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

AndroidMan
Veteran
And1: 262

Re: OT - Assault Weapons Ban Clarification 

Post#121 » by AndroidMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
You mean we’re not brothers?

Nope, my brothers actually possess intelligence .
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#122 » by alphad0gz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Do you believe that Heroin or Crack Cocaine should be legal?

You have to be either a troll, or willfully (or otherwise) ignorant. It's clear to see you have no critical thinking ability, although you may develop it as you grow. I'm not hopeful. Either way, I refuse to get drawn into an argument consisting of weak, uninformed, thoughts. Done with you

So because criminals will always find a way to get guns, we shouldn't have any laws or restrictions on guns?

And for you, the last time, as well........If laws have no impact on actions, what is the purpose of the law? Law-abiding, sane people already obey the law and act in a manner that is consistent with the "purpose" of any new proposed laws. Since any new laws provide no real difference, what is their purpose? Come up with laws that can keep guns from those that would use them against innocent citizens, and I will give it honest consideration, provided the law is enforceable.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Post#123 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:44 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:

Nope, my brothers actually possess intellect.

Are you his sister?
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#124 » by AndroidMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 pm

alphad0gz wrote:

You have to be either a troll, or willfully (or otherwise) ignorant. It's clear to see you have no critical thinking ability, although you may develop it as you grow. I'm not hopeful. Either way, I refuse to get drawn into an argument consisting of weak, uninformed, thoughts. Done with you

So because criminals will always find a way to get guns, we shouldn't have any laws or restrictions on guns?

And for you, the last time, as well........If laws have no impact on actions, what is the purpose of the law? Law-abiding, sane people already obey the law and act in a manner that is consistent with the "purpose" of any new proposed laws. Since any new laws provide no real difference, what is their purpose? Come up with laws that can keep guns from those that would use them against innocent citizens, and I will give it honest consideration, provided the law is enforceable.

Don't worry, they will come back with the same questions just phrased slightly differently. They think they are on the moral high ground at all times. Complete waste of time to try and argue with them.
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#125 » by AndroidMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:

Are you his sister?

Lol, I was beating around the bush, but now I'll just ask it directly. Do you even have a father? One that actually raised you? Just curious.

Edit - If you did, he damn sure failed you.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#126 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:57 pm

alphad0gz wrote:

Whoa no reason to become upset dood.. Yikes.. You responded to me not the other way around my friend. However It is ironic that you are arguing with GoNY that since certain laws have little impact or are hard to enforce we should not have them, but ignoring the fact that most laws to curb drug addiction and use have shown to be well largely ineffective. Maybe we should not have those as well?

Quick question just for clarification purposes, are you referring to the new NY City gun restrictions or the executive orders that the President signed?
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#127 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:

Are you his sister?

Lol, I was beating around the bush, but now I'll just ask it directly. Do you even have a father? One that actually raised you? Just curious.

The Mad Thinker created me just like you Android Man. See now your making me mad, denying my supervillian status will not be tolerated!
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#128 » by AndroidMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:

The Mad Thinker created me just like you Android Man. See now your making me mad, denying my supervillian status will not be tolerated!

Your response is sarcasm to a question like that? Answer the question.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#129 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:12 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:

Your response is sarcasm to a question like that? Answer the question!!??? Grrrrrrr before I use my Super Villian powers to vanquish you from this RealGM forum you ignorant, fatherless (maybe) uninformed gun law advocate!!! :curse: :curse: Did I mention your really ignorant??

Fixed it for you!!… chief?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,816

Post#130 » by GONYK » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:16 pm

alphad0gz wrote:

No law in the history of laws has prevented or completely abolished a person's ability to do something. All laws are ineffectual and merely reactive to a certain degree. By your logic, there should be no laws.

Now, I understand what you are saying, that the law is essentially lumping in the vast majority of law abiding and responsible gun owners with the comparatively small minority of criminals and treating them all the same. There is merit to that thought.

On the other hand, you have not made a case as to why any civilian needs that kind of weapon with that kind of high capacity magazine. You only talk about this potential uprising against tyranny. Even then, your point is undercut because you admit these laws can't stop people from getting the guns if they really want them.

So really, I ask you again, what is your alternative?

From where I'm sitting, doing the imperfect something that has gotten some measure of results before is better than doing the nothing that has made it easier for gun crimes to occur.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#131 » by AndroidMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:

No Response

I'll just assume that you grew up without a father then, or were severely neglected as a child. That must be the reasons for you acting out.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,028

Post#132 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 pm

On all of the gun issues (military style weapons ban, universal registration, closing the gun show loophole, etc.), the polls show that Americans overwhelmingly (75%) support those measures. It's going to be difficult for Congress not to act without repercussions on Election Day.

"Duh Winning"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#133 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:

No Response

I'll just assume that you grew up without a father then, or were severely neglected as a child. That must be the reasons for you acting out.

Whoa you really are a SuperVillian.. I will now reveal myself to you my child. I grew up in poverty at 7135 Yancy Street, on Manhattan's Lower East Side. My drunken father couldn't hold down a job, so much of our family's income came from my older brother Dan, who led the Yancy Street Gang. Yep you guessed it I’m Ben Grimm, aka the Thing, prepare to die!

Now as much fun as it has been for the other thousands of posters to read our super hero spat play itself out in the Assault Weapons Ban Clarification Thread if you would like to continue this OT discussion please use the PM...
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#134 » by AndroidMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:55 pm

yaboynyp wrote:Now as much fun as it has been for the other thousands of posters to read our super hero spat play itself out in the Assault Weapons Ban Clarification Thread if you would like to continue this OT discussion please use the PM...

You don't respond to me and I never have a reason to speak to you ever again, nor would I ever want to. If you call my name or quote one of my posts, expect me to respond. Try using non comic book references as well. Some of us are adults here, and we have no idea what the hell your comic book references refer to. Grow up as well.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#135 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:59 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:Now as much fun as it has been for the other thousands of posters to read our super hero spat play itself out in the Assault Weapons Ban Clarification Thread if you would like to continue this OT discussion please use the PM...

You don't respond to me and I never have a reason to speak to you ever again, nor would I ever want to. If you call my name or quote one of my posts, expect me to respond. Try using non comic book references as well. Some of us are adults here, and we have no idea what the hell your comic book references refer to. Grow up as well.

Oh he mad ^^^ :lol: I will enlighten you.. homie?

http://marvel.com/universe/Android_Man
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#136 » by AndroidMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:

Like I said, I don't read comic books, never have. Enjoy them though. They seem to represent your lack of intellect and your immature behavior. Continue on.
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#137 » by johnnywishbone » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
This isn't some short-term thing where people want to have a revolution next year or something. Don't be short sighted. And acting as if preserving the ability to protect ourselves against the government some day down the line is just about "black helicopters" is just willful refusal to think. If you neuter citizens now, it could have an impact for hundreds of years.

By the way, I'm not even necessarily against more gun control. It just bothers me that people refuse to acknowledge that the rights involved are significant.

Saying I need an AR-15 with a 30 round clip to protect me from a potentially corrupt government a few hundred years from now makes as much sense as me saying today that I keep a battle axe in case there is another Viking invasion. The pace of change is accelerating not decelerating.

And if you are worried about your freedoms then you are focused on the wrong issues. Citizens United and the Patriot Act infringe on your rights as a citizen today. And what are you going to do about it? Lead a charge against Washington DC? The only way we are going to change these laws is by developing awareness through education - not a gun.
Play time is over.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#138 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:26 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:

Like I said, I don't read comic books, never have. Enjoy them though. They seem to represent your lack of intellect and your immature behavior. Continue on.

And it goes without saying that you my friend are an expert when it comes to immaturity and lack of intellect..
LoyalFan
Junior
And1: 45

Post#139 » by LoyalFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 pm

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:[

Once again, assault weapons are simply not the threat they are made out to be. That is a fact supported universally by statistics. What exactly are you trying to accomplish and why? The opinion that they are unnecessary is completely irrelevant, unless you are saying that the government has the right to tell you what you can have and do without any real reason. Jesus, people on here are stupid. What is the practical reason for having one? The question ia better asked as what is the practical reason for making people give them up? A course to educate people on gun use? Seriously? You think this stuff was an accident or borne out of gun ignorance? You think some kind of law would have stopped even a fraction of this? People committing murder are hardly concerned with the legality of their method. That's like saying a person stealing a car would be worried about a parking ticket.

The bottom line, and it really is the bottom line, is that if people want to shoot people, they will find a way regardless of laws. And by the way, if you think there was bloodshed from these incidents you are talking about, wait til you see what happens when they have to go door to door demanding guns from owners. Not saying I would shoot someone doing so, but I promise you there are scores of people that would.

I think the issue is not so much assault rifles, but high capacity magazine. A high capacity magazine is a threat because it allows one to inflict a large amount of damage in a short amount of time. I think the policy is, we won't stop mass-shootings, but with lower capacity magazines, the death counts won't be so high.

do you even have the slightest clue how long it takes to reload a gun with a new magazine?
LoyalFan
Junior
And1: 45

Post#140 » by LoyalFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:19 pm

seren wrote:Jon Stewart had a nice segment on the issue about the laws on the books and how NRA and its representation in the congress made it impossible to implement many of those laws.

The most interesting tidbit in the segment was that 53 percent of guns used in violent crimes could be traced to 1 percent of sellers.

this is a lie of unimagineable proportions. i hope you realize that. 1% of sellers. seriously. thats so funny it cant even be called a joke.

Return to New York Knicks