ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: ND's Te'o may be a fraud

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,188

Re: OT: ND's Te'o may be a fraud 

Post#181 » by seren » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#182 » by Falstaffxx » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:01 pm

seren wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8857057/friend-says-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confessed-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax

Even so, he told a bunch of strange lies about it.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,816

Post#183 » by GONYK » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:07 pm

seren wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8857057/friend-says-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confessed-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax

ESPN has questionable credibility on the issue, since they knew that the girl didn't exist for nearly 2 weeks and didn't report on it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
seren
RealGM

Post#184 » by seren » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:

Even so, he told a bunch of strange lies about it.

I agree. I think that is the most likely scenario.
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#185 » by Jetset » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... owing-hoax
seren
RealGM

Post#186 » by seren » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:10 pm

destro wrote:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... owing-hoax

Wow. Really bizarre.
seren
RealGM

Post#187 » by seren » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Dude has to go to Oprah, come clean for once and for all.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,361

Post#188 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:30 pm

He still said he's seen this girl before in real life, his father has even said he's met with this girl and has had her over the house. So they're all a bunch of weird people, Ronaiah, his cousins, and Manti and his family. They all participated in a large lie.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#189 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:38 pm

GONYK wrote:

ESPN has questionable credibility on the issue, since they knew that the girl didn't exist for nearly 2 weeks and didn't report on it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

ESPN seems to be in bed with ND...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,984

Post#190 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:48 pm

The best thing he can do right now and just come clean. Say that he's a big idiot and he doesn't know why he did that. Say that he's sorry and willing to take it on the chin. Then get a spot on Saturday Night Live and be the butt of whatever skit they can come up with and just take the jokes that will come until people get tired of it.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,467

Post#191 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 pm

moocow007 wrote:The best thing he can do right now and just come clean. Say that he's a big idiot and he doesn't know why he did that. Say that he's sorry and willing to take it on the chin. Then get a spot on Saturday Night Live and be the butt of whatever skit they can come up with and just take the jokes that will come until people get tired of it.

I agree!

worth thing he can do is this...

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#192 » by Marty McFly » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 pm

this man is homer simpson stupid.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Post#193 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#194 » by Jetset » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 pm

GoodAzzGame_NYK wrote:I think his public perception could be hurt even worse if it was just a made up story to drum up sympathy and support. He wont be drafted if thats the case.

I mean i think he will have some support if he was gay and he was just nervous about how the public perception would be of a morman going to Notre Dame feared about coming out to the public. That makes more sense.

If he just made this **** up for sh*ts and giggles i hope every team colludes not to pick this clown in the upcoming draft.

*Also I can't believe the girl above was giong out with him for 2 months and there is not one picture of them going out together...today with camera phones and media alll over the place there has to be some evidents that this 2 month relationship occured...otherwise it could just be another fake situation about a girl trying to get attention.

here you go, friend:

she's also wearing a notre dame tank:
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#195 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Well after hearing his uncle's interview on radio and him telling us more about this Ronaiah guy, I guess Te'o is the victim.

But now Te'o simply has to do is admit he was in an online relationship. He was too embarrassed and ashamed to say so to the media, which is why he made up lies about meeting up with her. Admit he was emotionally attached to this virtual and long distant relationship, even though the person behind it was just playing a joke on him.

Once he does that this whole thing will be dropped. People will think he's a little weird for being a high profile player in an online relationship but at least they will know what's really going on and the "he's gay" and other crap will go away.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#196 » by Sky_Knicks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:Well after hearing his uncle's interview on radio and him telling us more about this Ronaiah guy, I guess Te'o is the victim.

But now Te'o simply has to do is admit he was in an online relationship. He was too embarrassed and ashamed to say so to the media, which is why he made up lies about meeting up with her. Admit he was emotionally attached to this virtual and long distant relationship, even though the person behind it was just playing a joke on him.

Once he does that this whole thing will be dropped. People will think he's a little weird for being a high profile player in an online relationship but at least they will know what's really going on and the "he's gay" and other crap will go away.

I'll never get over this lol. Wth is wrong with this guy ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#197 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Don't know but he can make other speculation go away easily.

Besides, does anyone here still talk about Kyrie Irving jacking off on a webcam? Pretty sure that was bad, but it went away.

This will go away if Manti handles it properly.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Post#198 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:01 pm

man, this story is so weird. I mean, he didn't need a gf sympathy story. He lost a REAL person (grandmother) so all he had to do was lie and say his grandmother meant the world to him.

Also can not believe how well this was all kept quiet. At this point, with him getting down with St Mary's "finest" perhaps she has some part of this as well? I mean her major is public relations... She probably saw Teo as a "business opportunity"
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#199 » by denterprise » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:Don't know but he can make other speculation go away easily.

Besides, does anyone here still talk about Kyrie Irving jacking off on a webcam? Pretty sure that was bad, but it went away.

No, it is not going away and will be with him for a long time. Unlike Kyrie, the media feels like they were tricked, deceived, duped, and bamboozle by him. They are not going to let him off that easy, they will go after him with a vengeance for making a fool of them. He pretty much showed them up for being lazy and incompetent for running with a story and never verifying it. I for one don't feel bad that all parties are looking like idiots.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#200 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 am

denterprise wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:Don't know but he can make other speculation go away easily.

No, it is not going away and will be with him for a long time. Unlike Kyrie, the media feels like they were tricked, deceived, duped, and bamboozle by him. They are not going to let him off that easy, they will go after him with a vengeance for making a fool of them. He pretty much showed them up for being lazy and incompetent for running with a story and never verifying it. I for one don't feel bad that all parties are looking like idiots.

Also, imagine the hazing when he reaches the NFL.

Return to New York Knicks