ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Bed crap

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

YoungG
Head Coach
And1: 4,505

Re: PG: Bed crap 

Post#181 » by YoungG » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:15 am

I continued to check the scores while at work until it became over time...and I rushed home just so I can say this...I hate this team!
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#182 » by Phenomenologist » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:15 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Ownership should be ashamed of themselves. If they were on the ball whatsoever they would've noticed how terrible BC was from 08-10 and got rid of him/given the new GM an open slate. They bought the snake oil and screwed over the fanbase for another 3/4s decade. The 3 seasons BC has needlessly gotten, plus another 2-4 years after that to clean up his mess. When you have a terrible GM you can't let him have his job for 7 seasons. That's what kills teams. You have to know when to walk away from a mistake.

Interesting parallels between:

MLSE - BC ; BC - Bargnani
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#183 » by Rapsalot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:16 am

We don't have a go to iso player yet instead of trying to run an offense in the last 5 minutes we go to only iso plays??????? Terrible coaching. I have never called for Casey to go until now he does not have basic plays to get a score or even inbound and that is the most basic play in basket ball!
wtfbosh
Veteran
And1: 444

Post#184 » by wtfbosh » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:16 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Ownership should be ashamed of themselves. If they were on the ball whatsoever they would've noticed how terrible BC was from 08-10 and got rid of him/given the new GM an open slate. They bought the snake oil and screwed over the fanbase for another 3/4s decade. The 3 seasons BC has needlessly gotten, plus another 2-4 years after that to clean up his mess. When you have a terrible GM you can't let him have his job for 7 seasons. That's what kills teams. You have to know when to walk away from a mistake.

Remember when the media were egging on MLSE on to extend BC for the sake of stability? :lol:
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#185 » by Strategist1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:19 am

I think FATIGUE was a big factor. Lowry is still getting back in shape and our bigs are playing extended minutes.
and
Ross should have been involved in the 2nd half. Derozan was pretty bad.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#186 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:20 am

If MLSE was smart they would have done the right thing last year and fired him to get Pritchard hes such a better GM than the disgrace Colangelo.
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,885

Post#187 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:22 am

1. get 9th or 10th place and give up the goddamn pick.
2. do not re-sign BC
3. tank for wiggins

Yup but it also means getting rid of Lowry which is a shame.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#188 » by Waylon Mercy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 am

DHK wrote:This all has to do with the fact that this team has all the pieces except the franchise player and BC is delusional to think that franchise player is Bargnani when everyone in the NBA, their mothers, their grandmothers know Bargnani is just a solid 3rd option on a playoff team. The sad part? unless we magically luck out and end up with Shabazz in this draft; we owe the pick to OKC and the draft that's full of game-changing players is NEXT season which means we have to follow this sadomasochistic team for another 1.5 season. The only thing keeping me entertained is the work of Amir, Ross and praying Val turns out to be something; Derozan becoming something. (but this hope gets worse and worse as the game wears on)

The prognosis is simple we're F*cked....nothing but more suffering in the forecast. The only hope is a
small chance at Wiggins that people take for granted is gonna fall in our lap.

The only thing that can ease the pain and distract us while we continue to suffer is firing Colangelo
because at least it gives people some hope that new GM will blow this horrid roster up.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,106

Post#189 » by C Court » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:24 am

Remember that the problem is not a lack of talent. Colangelo assured us that the Raps are loaded with talent.

First thing MLSE is to fire Colangelo and let Stefanski and Embry start ripping apart this collection of bums. I would start with trading DeMar and Bargnani.

Bryan has run out of excuses.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,766

Post#190 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:25 am

Centre Court wrote:Remember that the problem is not a lack of talent. Colangelo assured us that the Raps are loaded with talent.

First thing MLSE is to fire Colangelo and let Stefanski and Embry start ripping apart this collection of bums. I would start with trading DeMar and Bargnani.

Absolutely. Put him out of his misery.
PrinceV
Rookie
And1: 697

Post#191 » by PrinceV » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 am

I'd rather have Triano. This was yet the worst lost of the season. The lost is on the coach....**** horrible.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#192 » by ballislife » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:29 am

PrinceV wrote:I'd rather have Triano. This was yet the worst lost of the season. The lost is on the coach....**** horrible.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,627

Post#193 » by G R E Y » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:29 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Centre Court wrote:Remember that the problem is not a lack of talent. Colangelo assured us that the Raps are loaded with talent.

Absolutely. Put him out of his misery.

Put him out of OUR misery.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,647

Post#194 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 am

Ross was having a very solid game. Really wish he played out the entire 4th Q. Casey...
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#195 » by DHK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 am

Waylon Mercy wrote:
DHK wrote:This all has to do with the fact that this team has all the pieces except the franchise player and BC is delusional to think that franchise player is Bargnani when everyone in the NBA, their mothers, their grandmothers know Bargnani is just a solid 3rd option on a playoff team. The sad part? unless we magically luck out and end up with Shabazz in this draft; we owe the pick to OKC and the draft that's full of game-changing players is NEXT season which means we have to follow this sadomasochistic team for another 1.5 season. The only thing keeping me entertained is the work of Amir, Ross and praying Val turns out to be something; Derozan becoming something. (but this hope gets worse and worse as the game wears on)

The prognosis is simple we're F*cked....nothing but more suffering in the forecast. The only hope is a
small chance at Wiggins that people take for granted is gonna fall in our lap.

The only thing that can ease the pain and distract us while we continue to suffer is firing Colangelo
because at least it gives people some hope that new GM will blow this horrid roster up.

Unlike the Bosh/CV season; the other lottery seasons or even the Camby/Christie era; this time around we have all the pieces set up nicely outside of that one franchise player..
Val is a terrific anchoring big. (or will be..hopefully)
Amir is a terrific big coming off the bench
Davis is turning out to be a solid piece.
Ross brings a lot of different weapons to the team
Derozan..I havent completely given up on him but this whole anti-clutchness is all about mentality and he has to treat the 4th just like he treats the 1st/3rd quarters when he's usually solid.
Lowry, when he's not playing TJ Ford me-ball, a tremendous PG to have around.
Calderon is arguably the best back up PG in the game.
It's such a tease because we're so close yet so far...and that one final piece, the most important one, seems to impossible to obtain at this point without giving up the set pieces we want to move forward with.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#196 » by Bankai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:33 am

^
This team has alot of good pieces, but for us to get over the hump, the Raptors have to get rid of these good pieces just to obtain that one cornerstone player first. If the Raptors had Wiggins with these guys, it would look awesome, too bad the Raptors have to move most of these guys in an attempt to land Wiggins first. :( Raptors are boned if they cant even move some huge contracts first.
Thelonious
Assistant Coach
And1: 253

Post#197 » by Thelonious » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:35 am

It definitely felt like the decision to play Demar to close out the game was made to answer to some kind of request. Could be anything from ownership, agent, BC, sponsor, league...
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#198 » by Viatical » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:35 am

I'll find a silver lining for you guys, sure:

This game was an important milestone in Terrence Ross' development. He was excellent tonight.
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#199 » by Strategist1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:38 am

We will continue to struggle until we can find a player who can either
1) command double teams
2) draw fouls at an above average rate (get to the free throw line especially during crunch time)

Lowry is the closest thing to this I guess.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
Thelonious
Assistant Coach
And1: 253

Post#200 » by Thelonious » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 am

Viatical wrote:I'll find a silver lining for you guys, sure:

This game was an important milestone in Terrence Ross' development. He was excellent tonight.

Sure he rebounded well and he defended okay for a rookie.

Other than that he was hot, which for confidence is nice, but I would hardly call it a milestone. Acy on the other hand seems to be starting to carve out a niche.

Return to Toronto Raptors