ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors at Spurs Game Day Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Re: Warriors at Spurs Game Day Thread 

Post#181 » by HiRez » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 am

dray510 wrote:We lost a very winnable game.

Nah. This was NEVER a winnable game. Spurs just toying with us like they have for over a decade. They make you think you have a chance and then "crazy" things happen at the end, they hit all their shots and the Warriors collapse. Same damn script every time.
9abovetherim
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#182 » by 9abovetherim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:17 am

Are the Nuggs really down at home to the Wiz? lol
Northx57
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#183 » by Northx57 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 am

HiRez wrote:
dray510 wrote:We lost a very winnable game.

Nah. This was NEVER a winnable game. Spurs just toying with us like they have for over a decade. They make you think you have a chance and then "crazy" things happen at the end, they hit all their shots and the Warriors collapse. Same damn script every time.

Sounds like many other Warrior games.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#184 » by HiRez » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 am

9abovetherim wrote:
dray510 wrote:We lost a very winnable game. Disappointing but they have to beat the Hornets tomorrow.

im scared as hell of this trap game. this would be embarrassing to lose.... just win. pls

I don't even know if it's a trap game; Hornets have won 6 of their last 7.
9abovetherim
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#185 » by 9abovetherim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:26 am

Yes Denver L. We're still comfortably 5th in the West. :wink:
anchorman123
Junior
And1: 5

Post#186 » by anchorman123 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 am

Watched the 4th it looked like we could've won. Landry should not be guarding Duncan esp in the 4th and I kept seeing klay guarding Parker which is befuddling! Landry is 4 inches shorter than Duncan and so doesn't have strength or the length to stop him. Klay is 4 inches taller than Parker and slow as hell. Wtf?? No timeouts, no one driving, just missed jump shots.
oaktown_refugee
Sophomore

Post#187 » by oaktown_refugee » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 am

Nuggz lose. Rox lose. Mavs down big in the 4th.
"It gets harder [to handle losses] actually. I don't remember how I handled it when I was young, but I'm sure better. I can't drink as much scotch now. When I was younger, I could drink more." --Nellie
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#188 » by Ganji » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:32 am

oaktown_refugee wrote:Nuggz lose. Rox lose. Mavs down big in the 4th.

who cares about them? We are in full tank mode now, i don't see us winning anything until we get BOTH curry and bogut back.
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#189 » by cj03 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:11 am

to be fair to landry, beans and ezeli were getting toasted by duncan too. Klay and Barnes need to hit those open shots. Klay was wide open on at least 4 or 5 of those 3's.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#190 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 am

Ganji wrote:
oaktown_refugee wrote:Nuggz lose. Rox lose. Mavs down big in the 4th.

who cares about them? We are in full tank mode now, i don't see us winning anything until we get BOTH curry and bogut back.

come on guys....No Curry...playing the best teams in the league. I was very encouraged by our defense amd Klay's lack of TO's.... This is a super tough stretch....doesn't mean that the 22 wins prior to this stretch weren't for real.

Warriors will start winning again in batches of games once we get through this tough stretch.

Go Warriors!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#191 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 am

cj03 wrote:to be fair to landry, beans and ezeli were getting toasted by duncan too. Klay and Barnes need to hit those open shots. Klay was wide open on at least 4 or 5 of those 3's.

Warriors defense and offense did it's job.....As you say, Klay had wide open looks all night...and he's just not ready to make those in big moments. But I suspect he'll be nailing these same jumpers after he get's past the second year gitters...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#192 » by TwentyOne920 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 am

anchorman123 wrote:Watched the 4th it looked like we could've won. Landry should not be guarding Duncan esp in the 4th and I kept seeing klay guarding Parker which is befuddling! Landry is 4 inches shorter than Duncan and so doesn't have strength or the length to stop him. Klay is 4 inches taller than Parker and slow as hell. Wtf?? No timeouts, no one driving, just missed jump shots.

The point was to try and beat Parker with length, considering the stellar job Sefolosha did against him last WCF. Unfortunately Klay isn't a premier perimeter defender.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#193 » by TaylorMonkey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:00 pm

TwentyOne920 wrote:
anchorman123 wrote:Watched the 4th it looked like we could've won. Landry should not be guarding Duncan esp in the 4th and I kept seeing klay guarding Parker which is befuddling! Landry is 4 inches shorter than Duncan and so doesn't have strength or the length to stop him. Klay is 4 inches taller than Parker and slow as hell. Wtf?? No timeouts, no one driving, just missed jump shots.

The point was to try and beat Parker with length, considering the stellar job Sefolosha did against him last WCF. Unfortunately Klay isn't a premier perimeter defender.

I miss Rush. Would have liked to see the Bazemore/Parker matchup too.
anchorman123
Junior

Post#194 » by anchorman123 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:57 pm

TwentyOne920 wrote:

Length doesn't mean squat if you can't keep up with the dude.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,039

Post#195 » by Jester_ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Haven't the Spurs beaten us the last 15 times in a row or something? Fact that we put up a decent fight without Curry, Bogut or Rush is pretty good cause for optimism tbh.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,333

Post#196 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Jester_ wrote:Haven't the Spurs beaten us the last 15 times in a row or something? Fact that we put up a decent fight without Curry, Bogut or Rush is pretty good cause for optimism tbh.

f*ck that, we should have won
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#197 » by bay2hk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Mark Jackson did not used his timeouts at the end of the game. How can you not call a timeout down 4 points with less than 2 minutes left in the game. He had 3 timeouts left!!!

And people wonder why our offense and defense were so bad at the end of the game. We switched to zone and settled for jumpers when the coach was suppose to run set plays. I guess Mark Jackson didn't want Mike Malone to have the spotlight.

The Warriors just gave up at the end because the coach did not provide any direction. Time to fire his ass. We're gonna keep losing to goods teams because Mark Jackson is getting out coached every game.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,039

Post#198 » by Jester_ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:57 pm

bay2hk wrote:The Warriors just gave up at the end because the coach did not provide any direction. Time to fire his ass. We're gonna keep losing to goods teams because Mark Jackson is getting out coached every game.

Right, not like we're 5th in the west or anything. Lose to the Spurs without your two best players? Fire the coach!
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
SFWarrior
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#199 » by SFWarrior » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Jester_ wrote:Haven't the Spurs beaten us the last 15 times in a row or something? Fact that we put up a decent fight without Curry, Bogut or Rush is pretty good cause for optimism tbh.

f*ck that, we should have won

Mark Jackson is hardly the only Warrior coach who couldn't win a game in San Antonio. The last time the Warriors won in San Antonio was February 14, 1997 when the Spurs were tanking hard to maximize their chances of winning the draft lottery. Tim Duncan was going #1 overall regardless of who won the lottery. It might have been better if Mark Jackson played his starters a lot less and GSW lost by 20+ because now the Warriors are underdogs in New Orleans tonight and a few posters are crying about losing to the Spurs.
WTF_GSW
Senior
And1: 1

Post#200 » by WTF_GSW » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:15 pm

game threads are starting to get annoying.

Return to Golden State Warriors