ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Bed crap

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,025

Re: PG: Bed crap 

Post#201 » by C Court » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Centre Court wrote:Remember that the problem is not a lack of talent. Colangelo assured us that the Raps are loaded with talent.

First thing MLSE is to fire Colangelo and let Stefanski and Embry start ripping apart this collection of bums. I would start with trading DeMar and Bargnani.

Bryan has run out of excuses.

Absolutely. Put him out of his misery.

It is obvious that Bryan's success in Phoenix was because his Dad was calling the shots. I supported BC for six years, but the guy is clueless. His record doesn't lie.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#202 » by Waylon Mercy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:47 am

DHK wrote:
Waylon Mercy wrote:
DHK wrote:This all has to do with the fact that this team has all the pieces except the franchise player and BC is delusional to think that franchise player is Bargnani when everyone in the NBA, their mothers, their grandmothers know Bargnani is just a solid 3rd option on a playoff team. The sad part? unless we magically luck out and end up with Shabazz in this draft; we owe the pick to OKC and the draft that's full of game-changing players is NEXT season which means we have to follow this sadomasochistic team for another 1.5 season. The only thing keeping me entertained is the work of Amir, Ross and praying Val turns out to be something; Derozan becoming something. (but this hope gets worse and worse as the game wears on)

The prognosis is simple we're F*cked....nothing but more suffering in the forecast. The only hope is a
small chance at Wiggins that people take for granted is gonna fall in our lap.

The only thing that can ease the pain and distract us while we continue to suffer is firing Colangelo
because at least it gives people some hope that new GM will blow this horrid roster up.

Unlike the Bosh/CV season; the other lottery seasons or even the Camby/Christie era; this time around we have all the pieces set up nicely outside of that one franchise player..
Val is a terrific anchoring big. (or will be..hopefully)
Amir is a terrific big coming off the bench
Davis is turning out to be a solid piece.
Ross brings a lot of different weapons to the team
Derozan..I havent completely given up on him but this whole anti-clutchness is all about mentality and he has to treat the 4th just like he treats the 1st/3rd quarters when he's usually solid.
Lowry, when he's not playing TJ Ford me-ball, a tremendous PG to have around.
Calderon is arguably the best back up PG in the game.
It's such a tease because we're so close yet so far...and that one final piece, the most important one, seems to impossible to obtain at this point without giving up the set pieces we want to move forward with.

A bunch of role players that have some bad contracts and some role players that will get bad contracts
if Colangelo is brought back is nothing to be proud of.

There is nobody on this roster I wouldn't trade in the right deal to get a star or All-Star player
(Sorry Val and Ross fans) the depth needs to be sacrificed for talent. Guys that aren't top 10 players
at their position aren't hard to replace.

Yes there are certain players I ideally would like to keep but beggers can't be choosers in our position....

We are so pathetic we can't even build a treadmill team like Atlanta or Milwaukee...

Right now we should be in "asset collection mode" getting as many draft picks, expiring contracts and
young players with upside as we can find.

Boston (Pre Big 3 Era) and Houston this past summer showed us how you do it properly.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#203 » by sanity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:51 am

DeRozan getting dat force-fed minutes treatment to make his salary look less terrible

Sounds familiar with another prominent loser of a player
Kempistry
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#204 » by Kempistry » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:51 am

There is no way out of this mess!! Quit watchin and maybe management gets the message. I propose a realgm day of silence. No daily papers, no game thread, no nothing. Report back on how you productively spent your Friday evening or Sunday afternoon.
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#205 » by KRANG » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:54 am

Didn't get to see the game. What happened with Fields? 13 minutes 2 pts 2 rebs?
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
Kempistry
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#206 » by Kempistry » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:56 am

KRANG wrote:Didn't get to see the game. What happened with Fields? 13 minutes 2 pts 2 rebs?

I know it is pretty inexplicable, not sure how he got 2 pts.
sanity
RealGM

Post#207 » by sanity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:59 am

(or how he got that contract after his performance last season).

Our team is pretty **** with all of these borderline mediocre (being generous here) players on RIDICULOUS contracts. We're capped out next year with this team
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#208 » by Spragga » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 am

Our starting backcourt is pathetic. I give Casey props for benching them quickly in the 3rd but he should have stayed with Ross instead of bringing DD back in. Lowry played like 2 straight quarters. He was gassed. our starting sf/sg is deplorable.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#209 » by KRANG » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:05 am

Oh Fields. My close buddy is a Knicks fan and I always used to give him grief about Landry. Then we signed him.

The grief is all ours now.
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,691

Post#210 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:14 am

So uhh...Jrue Holiday how about that? Didn't think he'd be in a whole other stratosphere compared to Demar, but now he is.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,650

Post#211 » by witnessraps » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 am

20 point lead blown.

4 point lead blown with 8 seconds to go.

This season is getting too ridiculous.
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#212 » by Beardman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:17 am

sanity wrote:DeRozan getting dat force-fed minutes treatment to make his salary look less terrible

Sounds familiar with another prominent loser of a player

And they do the opposite with Ed Davis' playing time, so that they won't have to pay him what he's worth when the time comes ... professional sports is a very corrupt business.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,025

Post#213 » by C Court » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:So uhh...Jrue Holiday how about that? Didn't think he'd be in a whole other stratosphere compared to Demar, but now he is.

DeMar is great at getting points when it doesn't matter. I can't remember a 'star' being so un-clutch.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#214 » by zilby » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:24 am

Second game in a row the raptors lost because of a botched call by the refs. ****
Hawaiian pizza is good.
emfive
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#215 » by emfive » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:24 am

I felt the same way about his game.
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#216 » by lucky777s » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:35 am

The sixers did not show up in the first half. It was so bad I found myself thinking about the halftime speech that Collins was going to give his team. Second half you saw the young, long, athletic Sixers that can play great D. Raps were not ready for that at all. Totally different team.

Lowry is a top ten PG? Huge upgrade on both ends? His defense was non-existent other than that one flop. He literally got beat off the dribble every single time he was attacked. Mostly Jrue but also Turner. And on offense he created nothing except the same perimeter passes to 3pt shooters that Jose can do. Plus he turned it over on some drives and the big pocket pick by Jrue. Then he goes hero ball 3 again after Jose had made a big 3 and almost bailed him out. He is not the reason we lost but he sure did not do anything to help us win.

This is the guy everyone is going nuts about having to start and being our best player? No idea what he was doing on that hand-off play to DD. I've seen that play run before by the Raps with success.

AA was chucking a lot tonight but his O was keeping us going for a while. DD was invisible. Jose was shooting well but benched for much of the game even though Lowry did no better.

At least people are starting to realize how bad this team really is. And BC will soon be FIRED.

3rd Q: Only points early on were a Jose 3 and an ED free throw. Rest was missed J's from DD, Amir, ED, and Fields.
Lowry and AA come in with 9 point lead and 7 minutes left, ends up a 1 pt lead.

Holliday with career best day.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#217 » by Inevitable » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:36 am

zilby wrote:Second game in a row the raptors lost because of a botched call by the refs. ****

At this point, the Raptors deserve to lose for their incompetence. 2/3 games you blow a 20pt lead wtf?
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#218 » by Hero » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:48 am

So I missed the game....

Was it another choke job?
What's with Demar's limited minutes and few shots? conversely why is Anderson taking as many shots as he wants..
How does this compare to our other losses where we held big leads?
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,341

Post#219 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 am

Forget Derozan, forget Lowry's one bad game, forget Calderon's usual self - why the **** is Alan Anderson on this team, and why the **** is he given the freedom to take whatever shot he wants?! WTF is going on with this team? Who is this guy? What future does he have with the team? Why don't they just run plays for guys who matter, like Davis in the post, Derozan in the feakin post, Ross off screens? Why is Alan Anderson allowed to play for his own benefit, which is clearly a new contract? It makes no freakin' sense. I think I hate this guy more than Bargnani at this point. Even when he has great games, I don't get it. What is the point in letting this guy play so much? The Raptors are not a playoff team, and him scoring a bunch of points benefits no one but him. What is wrong with this coach?
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
sanity
RealGM

Post#220 » by sanity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:17 am

Casey strikes me as one of those 'gut instincts' coaches who totally ignores stats or... logic

Return to Toronto Raptors