ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Bed crap

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,150

Re: PG: Bed crap 

Post#221 » by Mehar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:20 am

A bunch of role players that have some bad contracts and some role players that will get bad contracts
if Colangelo is brought back is nothing to be proud of.

There is nobody on this roster I wouldn't trade in the right deal to get a star or All-Star player
(Sorry Val and Ross fans) the depth needs to be sacrificed for talent. Guys that aren't top 10 players
at their position aren't hard to replace.

Yes there are certain players I ideally would like to keep but beggers can't be choosers in our position....

We are so pathetic we can't even build a treadmill team like Atlanta or Milwaukee...

Right now we should be in "asset collection mode" getting as many draft picks, expiring contracts and
young players with upside as we can find.

Boston (Pre Big 3 Era) and Houston this past summer showed us how you do it properly.[/quote]

Absolutely man. As always, you are the voice of reason Waylon. After tonight's game, i do not feel like watching an another game for the rest of the season. Pretty sick to my stomach with these players, coaches and the clown of a GM we had the misfortune to hire who has led us to 6 straight losing seasons. I would get rid of everyone on the roster to get as many draft picks as possible. Nobody is untoucheable, but who in the right mind would take Landry Fields and his disgusting contract off our hands with his typical 2 point game again tonight? Our

idiot GM pays DD 40 M over 4 years and he was nowhere to be found. Our roster is capped out for an another couple of years until 2015, and i am afraid if Colangelo is brought back he would do more Landry Fields type signings next offseason. Firing Colangelo is step one. 6 years of losing basketball is enough. I do not mind losing for a couple of more years, but hopefully with a new GM who blows this roster up and tanks hard next year to get a shot at Wiggins.
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,376

Post#222 » by visionquest » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 am

Cant take many more of these losses.

My wife, a non-sports-fan, says "why does your team always lose?"
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#223 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:36 am

I don't care if the team losses every single game for the rest of the season - play the players who matter, and have them play in a proper rotation with plays run for them. That means putting a lineup with actual bigs out there, instead of 4 guards. Bench Anderson, Calderon, Bargnani, Fields and that stiff fat Center. I forget his name. Develop your young players. Let them learn from mistakes. I'm getting tired of seeing Ed Davis taking only jumpers. Run some plays for the guy in the post, so he can learn. I'm getting tired of Derozan being given the ball at the 3 point line, so he can take his long range jumpers. Put the guy in the post, and force him to learn how to drive. I'm tired of Lowry passing the ball to Anderson so he can chuck away. Let the guy play aggressively instead of having to over-think about whether he should pass or shoot.

Get rid of this idiot coach.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#224 » by Illuminati_ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:39 am

lucky777s wrote:The sixers did not show up in the first half. It was so bad I found myself thinking about the halftime speech that Collins was going to give his team. Second half you saw the young, long, athletic Sixers that can play great D. Raps were not ready for that at all. Totally different team.

Lowry is a top ten PG? Huge upgrade on both ends? His defense was non-existent other than that one flop. He literally got beat off the dribble every single time he was attacked. Mostly Jrue but also Turner. And on offense he created nothing except the same perimeter passes to 3pt shooters that Jose can do. Plus he turned it over on some drives and the big pocket pick by Jrue. Then he goes hero ball 3 again after Jose had made a big 3 and almost bailed him out. He is not the reason we lost but he sure did not do anything to help us win.

This is the guy everyone is going nuts about having to start and being our best player? No idea what he was doing on that hand-off play to DD. I've seen that play run before by the Raps with success.

AA was chucking a lot tonight but his O was keeping us going for a while. DD was invisible. Jose was shooting well but benched for much of the game even though Lowry did no better.

At least people are starting to realize how bad this team really is. And BC will soon be FIRED.

3rd Q: Only points early on were a Jose 3 and an ED free throw. Rest was missed J's from DD, Amir, ED, and Fields.
Lowry and AA come in with 9 point lead and 7 minutes left, ends up a 1 pt lead.

Holliday with career best day.

lol there is no pg who can lockup guards by himself. Thats asking too much from a pg most you can ask is for them to contain the dribble and he did that.
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,376

Post#225 » by visionquest » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:39 am

Tha Cynic wrote:I don't care if the team losses every single game for the rest of the season - play the players who matter, and have them play in a proper rotation with plays run for them. Develop your young players.

Unlike the Lakers, the young players we develop will bolt to another team.

Welcome to our world.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#226 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:41 am

visionquest wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:I don't care if the team losses every single game for the rest of the season - play the players who matter, and have them play in a proper rotation with plays run for them. Develop your young players.

Unlike the Lakers, the young players we develop will bolt to another team.

Welcome to our world.

They didn't bolt when the Raptors actually put a good product on the floor. All players want is money and a good team to play on.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#227 » by Clutch Carter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:44 am

Has DD ever hit a clutch shot?
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#228 » by Death Knight » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:45 am

I missed 3.5 quarters of the game and only watched the last 5mins and ot. It really bothers me that Lowry continues to be asked to be more like Calderon. It never seemed right to have Lowry dribble the ball until 5-7 seconds left on the clock before making a move. Raps were playing not to lose rather than playing to win. Lowry going for 11pts and 11 asts is not the Lowry I know at his best. That statline is more in line with a Calderon. Low scoring, high asts. The Lowry I know at his best should be 20+ pts and 6-8. What have they done to Lowry????????????????
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#229 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:50 am

Lowry and Ross have some good chemistry imo. Maybe one day they'll start and play major minutes together.
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#230 » by Danchan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:52 am

Derozan started the game 3/3 and ended with 4/10
Which means he shot 1/7 the rest of thee way.

Funny thing is that this is the norm from why I've seen over last 2 years. It's just more apparent now
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#231 » by Danchan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:56 am

Btw Ross and acy are the only 2 with positive plus/minus.

Yet we all saw how Ross was bench to make way for DD to close most of the 4th and OT.

Said it before, but say it again... DD isnt just slowly improving, he is also stopping other real talent from getting the opportunity to improve. Because they will never cut the poster boys minutes
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#232 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 am

Ross had 18/7 in 25 minutes on 50% shooting, 4/5 from 3.

I wish we were in a situation where he could play through mistakes and got big minutes. Only guy with a positive +/- (yes I'ms sure it sucks but whatever) along with Acy.
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#233 » by RapsVC15 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 am

Danchan wrote:Derozan started the game 3/3 and ended with 4/10

Funny thing is that this is the norm from why I've seen over last 2 years. It's just more apparent now

He did the same thing against chicago started 4/4 went 2/11 the rest of the way.

Both games we were begging for a bucket and golden boy couldnt do ****
Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#234 » by Garmfay » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 am

Casey's hard on for certain guys is pissing me off. AA becoming the #1 option is stupid while he prefers Jose to Lowry because of Lowry's selfishness..its ironic. Anderson is obviously playing for a contract
Credit to Turbo_Zone
"The Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep"
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#235 » by ballislife » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 am

Garmfay wrote:Casey's hard on for certain guys is pissing me off. AA becoming the #1 option is stupid while he prefers Jose to Lowry because of Lowry's selfishness..its ironic. Anderson is obviously playing for a contract

This is a piss off for sure. I think our best lineup today was easily Lowry, Ross, Anderson, Davis, Amir. With that our #1 scorer should have been either Lowry or Ross. Davis was having a great game as well, he should've been fed in the post early. Amir was/is just solid. He's the glue guy. Anderson should've been given only open shots. I felt that he imposed his will to shoot a lot of the shots he took. A lot of them were contested, unnecessary shots. He could've swung the ball for better shots. Ross had it going tonight and with confidence, I think he'd be a lights out player. Lowry is our most clutch player. He's the only guy that should get shots when we need them most. Casey is a bad head coach... his in-game decision making is beyond terrible.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#236 » by dTox » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 am

Didn't watch the game yet again (thank God), as I pretty much quit on this season and awaiting the removal of BC/Casey. Looks like a thing hasn't changed, Casey still screwing up in a situation he could've easily won with proper rotation and our mediocre players coming up short during the clutch.

And the worst part is, the GM claims it's not a talent issue!
TBZ for the win
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#237 » by dTox » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:38 am

And I do have a little hate for Anderson, he's clearly playing for a contract and though he would be helpful on a veteran team, he's just getting in the way of Ross' development, along with Davis and Jonas (upon his return) because those 15 or so shots Anderson hoists can be rather given to the younger guys to work on their game. He's a solid back up though but totally not what this team needs at age 30, we definitely could've piled up a few extra losses last year if he wasn't there and we probably could've had a Damian Lillard on our hands.
TBZ for the win
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,476

Post#238 » by Bankai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 am

Illuminati_ wrote:lol there is no pg who can lockup guards by himself. Thats asking too much from a pg most you can ask is for them to contain the dribble and he did that.

He also conveniently left out the part where Lowry had a great game most of the night, and was integral in building up the 19 point lead, and was only brought in quickly in the 3rd because Jose was even worse against Jrue and coughed up 9 points in 4 mins while Lowry at least held on better for the same amount in 7 1/2 mins. I know he had a bad OT but the guy played 2 1/2 Q + OT, he was going to be slow at some point. For the most part he was contesting shots, but their were times where he did get blown by.

Plus any smart person would know that was a play for a baseline screen give-and-go for Lowry and not a handoff (Rondo and KG do that exact same play all the time). Too bad it didnt register with Derozan who held on for a couple of secs went the other way and then jacked a 3. Demar simply did not know the intention and they bumped into each other.

On a lighter note... Jack's voice was so hilarious this game, I wished he did the whole thing.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#239 » by Rapsalot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 am

Danchan wrote:Derozan started the game 3/3 and ended with 4/10

It is crazy they run plays for him he has success then they stop running plays and he tries to ISO & it does not work. In the last qurter I saw very little team ball tonight just guys taking turns trying to " take their man " we know this does not work for us.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#240 » by Big Shot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:13 pm

I know it shouldn't have to come down to that. But the coach couldn't draw up an inbound play down the stretch to save his life. Pathetic!

Again, another loss of 7 points or less!!! :nonono:

Return to Toronto Raptors