IND/WAS

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Doddage
Veteran
And1: 1,852

IND/WAS 

Post#1 » by Doddage » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 am

Washington trades:
Jan Vesely

Indiana trades:
Gerald Green

Why for Wiz? Get some depth at the 2/3.

Why for Indy? Take a flyer on Vesely as a potential backup to West.
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Re: IND/WAS 

Post#2 » by Upper Decker » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:40 am

Easy yes from the wiz, i dont care how bad green has been this year, veselys been much worse.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,072

Post#3 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:48 am

Eh, the Pacers might as well say yes. Once Granger comes back, Green moves down the bench.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#4 » by nuposse04 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:13 am

I liked the fact Gerald Green is back in the league, and hope he does well, but he's been as bad Jan Vesely this year. Seems like a lateral move. I'd do Chris Singleton, but that's just cause I want to give Vesely some time with Wall to rehabilitate his value.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#5 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 am

nuposse04 wrote:I liked the fact Gerald Green is back in the league, and hope he does well, but he's been as bad Jan Vesely this year. Seems like a lateral move. I'd do Chris Singleton, but that's just cause I want to give Vesely some time with Wall to rehabilitate his value.

I'd do it for either player. Singleton is cheaper and I liked his defense back in college. I would have thought Wiz would prefer to dump Vesely, who I think still has a future as a hustle player (but probably not lottery level production).

As good as Green looked on the Nets last year, he's been beyond terrible for the Pacers this season.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,063

Post#6 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:28 pm

nuposse04 wrote:I liked the fact Gerald Green is back in the league, and hope he does well, but he's been as bad Jan Vesely this year. Seems like a lateral move. I'd do Chris Singleton, but that's just cause I want to give Vesely some time with Wall to rehabilitate his value.

Agreed. The Wizards should wait until the Trade Deadline to see if Vesely has posted better numbers with Wall. Of course, with Booker back, Vesely might not see any more floor time.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#7 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Regarding this trade, I think the Wizards are happy with the roster now that everyone is healthy. They have won 4 out of 5 including a home win against OKC and a road win in Denver (who sport the 2nd best record at home).

I don't think Vesely will ever amount to much and I would definitely consider trading him, but I think I'd prefer a future pick: something in the late 1st round or high 2nd round. Maybe package him with one of our existing 2nd round picks to move up a few slots.

If I can't do that, I'd probably just keep Vesely rather than trade him for some other 11th man.
Upper Decker
Rookie

Post#8 » by Upper Decker » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Nate, it's wishful thinking to hope the Wiz get a pick for Vesely. Vesely is the next Hasheem Thabeet. In fact Thabeet actually had a better rookie year than Vesely, but he was such an outright bust by year two the Grizz eventually had to give up a first round pick for an expiring contract.

The book is out on Vesely. Can't hold his position on defense, worst offensive player in the league, occasionally get's garbage points because defenses ignore him. If he starts to look better because Wall props him up it won't fool any GM into thinking he's a capable NBA player.

At this point the best thing the Wizards can do is decline the 4th year of his rookie deal and combine him with Emeka next year as a massive expiring to swindle some desperate team in a deadline deal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#9 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Upper Decker wrote:Nate, it's wishful thinking to hope the Wiz get a pick for Vesely. Vesely is the next Hasheem Thabeet. In fact Thabeet actually had a better rookie year than Vesely, but he was such an outright bust by year two the Grizz eventually had to give up a first round pick for an expiring contract.

The book is out on Vesely. Can't hold his position on defense, worst offensive player in the league, occasionally get's garbage points because defenses ignore him. If he starts to look better because Wall props him up it won't fool any GM into thinking he's a capable NBA player.

At this point the best thing the Wizards can do is decline the 4th year of his rookie deal and combine him with Emeka next year as a massive expiring to swindle some desperate team in a deadline deal.

While I agree that it is highly unlikely that Vesely will pan out to be much, I'm not yet convinced that every other GM in the league things that way. There is a "grass is always greener" effect in this league. They look at Vesely and see a very long, very athletic guy with a high motor who really seems to try hard. They'll figure all it'll take is a little coaching and he'll be okay. He has so much potential combined with a good work ethic. What could go wrong?

I still think some teams would rather take their chances with Vesley than with some guy who is 35th on their draft board. Frankly, I think the Wizards are one of these teams, so they won't trade Vesely.
Upper Decker
Rookie

Post#10 » by Upper Decker » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:48 pm

nate33 wrote:I still think some teams would rather take their chances with Vesley than with some guy who is 35th on their draft board. Frankly, I think the Wizards are one of these teams, so they won't trade Vesely.

This. I'm afraid EG is convinced Wall will prop up Vesely to make him look like a savvy drafter. The trouble is I'd rather have Wall prop up better players, like Booker, then try to turn water into wine with Vesely.

Slightly OT, the hook shot Jan attempted against the Nuggets was the most sucky of sucky shot attempts I've ever seen in my life. There wasn't a snowballs chance in the hottest depths of hell he was making that. It was a microcosm of how terrible Jan is on offense.
Assistant Coach
And1: 601

Post#11 » by 8305 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Chalk me up as an Indiana fan who would gladly move Green for either Veseley or Singleton. A very long, athletic guy with a good work ethic works or someone who's just cheaper. I see almost no redeeming qualities to Green. He's the ultimate all sizzle no steak player.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#12 » by nuposse04 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:17 pm

I think most wiz fan would do C. Singleton for G. Green. Somebody contact the GMs!
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#13 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:22 pm

nuposse04 wrote:I think most wiz fan would do C. Singleton for G. Green. Somebody contact the GMs!

Salary doesn't quite match, Wiz will have to add another small salary. We'd welcome AJ Price back but I guess you guys needs a backup PG :)

Return to Trades and Transactions