TO-UTAH-IND-LAL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

chinny
Junior
And1: 0

TO-UTAH-IND-LAL 

Post#1 » by chinny » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:35 am

Toronto In:
Pau Gasol
Mo Williams
Earl Watson
Alec Burks
Steve Blake

Utah In:
Kyle Lowry
Danny Granger
Linas Kleiza

Indiana In:
Jose Calderon
Demar Derozan

Lakers In:
Andrea Bargnani
Paul Millsap
Raja Bell

Why for TO?
Time to clean house. Pau Gasol can help Jonas develop further. Alec Burks gives them a prospect to check out. Hopefully, the Raps will give their pick up this year and they will have a very young roster next year where they should be just awful enough to put them into the 2014 Wiggins sweepstakes.

Why for UTAH?
They get an aggressive PG in Lowry who can penetrate defenses along with the wildcard Danny Granger. If Granger can get back into form, Utah will be a very dangerous team in the west.

Why for IND?
They get a solid return for Granger. Calderon can be a steady back-up or inserted into the starting line up if George Hill can't get the offense rolling. Derozan along with Paul George will give them a nice young wing core for years to come.

Why for LAL?
They get Millsap and Bargnani who'll fit better in the D'Antoni offense. They also re-unite Raja and Nash while unloading the contract of Steve Blake.
sunevisions
Pro Prospect
And1: 107

Re: TO-UTAH-IND-LAL 

Post#2 » by sunevisions » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:51 am

Too much for Lal, and too little for TO!

as Jazz fans, i feel ok for this trade! I will use 13 jazz or GSW pick to replace Burks!
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,330

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:55 am

Deal is a complete steal for Utah. LAL does okay too. I dont like the direction for Toronto but the value is okay.

I dont like Derozan as a replacement for Granger but maybe Indy fans will?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#4 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 am

This trade is fair all around I think. LAL does pretty well, they are giving up a used up Gasol and Blake is not that great for Millsap, Bargs, and Raja. Utah gives up some key players and get great return. Toronto does pretty wells, they get some expirings a young guy in Burks who has great potential. Indiana turns Granger into Derozan and expiring Calderon.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#5 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 am

If Toronto feels like it needs more Utah could throw in 2013 and 2014 2nd round picks.
Ingles is cooked.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#6 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Deal is a complete steal for Utah. LAL does okay too. I dont like the direction for Toronto but the value is okay.

I dont like Derozan as a replacement for Granger but maybe Indy fans will?

Not this Indy fan.

Agree that it's a great deal for Utah. Not sure if TO or LA do it, their lineups are kind of messed up afterwards regardless of value.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 158

Post#7 » by Hoops Addict » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 pm

way too good for utah....who says yes...no takebacks
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,084

Post#8 » by JB2 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 pm

all in all, good trade. Maybe Toronto needs a little more, but that's really it.

Also, for LA pov, they;d have a huge glut-

Howard/Sacre/(Hill)
Bargnani/Milsap/Jamison
MWP/Clark

MWP/Clark/Jamison are all better at the 4. Also, Lakers want to have money to build around Dwight in 2014, this trade kills that plan.

Return to Trades and Transactions