ImageImageImageImageImage

Derozan's BS "work ethic"

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

two5
Banned User
And1: 15

Derozan's BS "work ethic" 

Post#1 » by two5 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 am

I can't fathom how people say Derozan has a really good work ethic and repeat this drivel. It is because we are so used to players hardly putting in any work on their games and treating the game like a 8-4 government job that we see an undertalented player who has an average work ethic think he is some sort of gym rat.

Compared to any other talented player/prospects the guy has a below average work ethic.

If he works so hard then why does he have such a mediocre FT%? why isn't he close to a 90% FT shooter given his demeanor & work ethic? He spends probably very little time working on FT's. Why can't he shoot consistently? or even shoot the 3 decently? After all, great shooters spend hours and hours & even go as far as working in a dark gym (Ray Allen) before the lights are on to improve their shot. Why can't he even dribble/go left or dribble with his head up?

Do you see those guys doing development in the Drew League?

This guy is a fraud. I can't believe some of you bought into his hard work BS. He doesn't eat, sleep or breathe basketball. He'll maybe spend one hour after practice doing useless drills that never work in game and the Raptors will sell it as quantifiable BS. Oh yeah I watched video on the New Year. Which good player doesn't watch video. It's special because I watched it on the new year. Good for you that makes you even bigger of a loser.

This guy is just a garbage overrated pile of dog feces, repackaged and sold into a happy meal.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,858

Re: Derozan's BS "work ethic" 

Post#2 » by Spicy P » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 am

Blood, sweat and tears doesn't always produce positive results. DeRozan just doesn't have it.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#3 » by Throwback24 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:04 am

DD's work ethic helped him become the player he is today. In 2K his potential would be 60.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#4 » by tracey_nice » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:05 am

it's because he wants to be like Kobe. jordan/kobe ruined a generation of SG's.
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#5 » by Beardman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:06 am

Well I remember when he couldn't do anything except slash ... so there has to some truth to it.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#6 » by Death Knight » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 am

tracey_nice wrote:it's because he wants to be like Kobe. jordan/kobe ruined a generation of SG's.

Agreed. Too many guys trying things they can't do.
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#7 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 am

Yep, I will criticize him as a player but I won't question his work ethic. How can anyone on RealGM know how much he has invested in the game and how much he studies the game or how hard he works out? He probably goes hard in practice too.

But he just doesn't have that shooting stroke or ball-handling ability that can make him a competent starter at the shooting guard position in this league. Also, he has a weird body type as he has the athleticism but his lateral quickness is lacking making it difficult for him to defend anyone. Also, seems too get up high but he moves too slow (runs slow too :-? )
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#8 » by ballislife » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 am

He works hard... no doubt... but he just isn't that good. If any of us on this board worked as hard as we possibly could to be great, we still wouldnt be that good. The same goes for DeMar. He's a hard worker, but he doesn't have the natural talent... as described when he was drafted... he was a "raw" prospect. I commend his work, but honestly it doesn't result in greatness like we all want. If VC had DeRozan's mindset, he would've been one of the best of all time - somewhere near Kobe.

One thing I can say is that IF Ross has the same work ethic as DeRozan, he will be one of the best SGs in the league. Ross has the natural talent to be a very, very good player. He can shoot, and he's one of the most athletic guys in the league. I would take Ross over DeRozan 10/10 times for our future.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#9 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 am

There's nothing wrong with his work ethic.

There is plenty wrong with his talent.

Great work ethic transforming a player into a great player is a complete myth/wive's tale that just won't die on the Raptor forum. I said this in another thread but a 17yr old Lebron is better than a present day DeRozan and it doesn't matter how many hours DeMar logs in the gym he will never be that talented.

I'll repeat this:

Great work ethic improves a player; it does not recreate a player.

Work ethic seperated Kobe Bryant from Vince Carter and DeMar DeRozan from Desmond Mason.

It did not make it possible where DeMar DeRozan can become Kobe Bryant.

Hopefully this myth will die very soon.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#10 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:13 am

How funny. VC had superstar talent but criticized for work ethic, drive, and the like. Demar comes along with those things reversed
Left Side Drive
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:14 am

ROBBS wrote:How funny. VC had superstar talent but criticized for work ethic, drive, and the like. Demar comes along with those things reversed

And it is obvious who we like more...talent wins games
BC_IS_A_PLAYA
Starter
And1: 3,878

Post#12 » by BC_IS_A_PLAYA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:16 am

Str8 up bro, totally agree with OP

Fraud like Manti T'eo

We should call him Demar DeScumbag
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#13 » by Death Knight » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 am

BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:Str8 up bro, totally agree with OP

Fraud like Manti T'eo

Nah man.............I saw DeMar's gf in one of those open court videos on raptors.com. It must be real. :lol:
Left Side Drive
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:22 am

Death Knight wrote:
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:Str8 up bro, totally agree with OP

Fraud like Manti T'eo

Nah man.............I saw DeMar's gf in one of those open court videos on raptors.com. It must be real. :lol:

What she look like? Screenshot?
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#15 » by sanity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:44 am

His love for the finesse, fadeaway bailout **** ruined his potential as a competent swingman who could score on good percentages. The imitation of someone like Bryant is right, but without the talent... which is a mediocre player who plays with a sense of entitlement but hasn't done much to earn it (he hasn't carried a bad team like Bosh has). It doesn't help one bit that defensively he's about as bad as ever. He's regressed from last year in that aspect which angers me most about him. Its inexcusable to be that bad defensively. Its downright irresponsible considering the contract year and all... (thanks Bryan Colangelo!)
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#16 » by Indeed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:35 am

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1225981

Not sure why we need another thread for the same discussion. There was discussion about off game hard working vs in game mental toughness.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,476

Post#17 » by Bankai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 am

He does work hard but he was too raw to begin with. Its like starting a 100m dash, 10m behind the rest. Lots of ground to cover.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,240

Post#18 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:54 am

No one here knows how hard or not hard he works. Work you put into is just a one thing.

PS. Lance had his whole huge confession the other day, and people are talking how much of the fraud Manti Te'o is?
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,534

Post#19 » by C_Money » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:01 am

It doesn't matter how hard you work if you don't do the right things.

Demar likes to play pick-up games with Brandon Jennings all summer and neither one of them has improved from their rookie seasons.

Lesson learned.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#20 » by darth_federer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:05 am

BC said this a couple of years ago when talking about his work ethic. It isnt how hard you work but how smart you work. There is no doubt that Derozan puts in the time but is he being efficient? In some ways its counterproductive for him to spend 3 hours in a gym after a game late at night when he has a game the next day.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.

Return to Toronto Raptors