ImageImageImageImageImage

Favorite Casey Screwups

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

mdot
Senior
And1: 114

Favorite Casey Screwups 

Post#1 » by mdot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 am

Let's talk about your're favorite Casey screwups and misses so far in the season!! I'll start first!

1) Keeping Lowry on the bench when the other teams PG is taking advantage of Calderon like a drunk freshman girl at a college party.

2) Bargnani, no D and is chucking like hes trying to get enough bricks to build a house, while Ed Davis is playing solid he send him to bench.

3) His 2 pgs on at once do not work. When ever I see Calderon on and Lowry on together for a large amount of time I want to throw bleach in my eyes.

4) His apparent hard on for Alan Anderson. I don't get the fascination for a chucker who's trying to inflate his stats just so he doesn't have to play in Bakersfield or a dungeon in Croatia or something. People rip on Lowry (easily can be a top 10 pg in the NBA) for shooting a lot but they justify a 30 year old scrub shooting to his hearts delight on this team :lol: His minutes should be given to Ross, like tonight Ross was on fire and playing solid D, but instead he opted to go with the Brock look a like.

5) Tonight's big mistake in my opinion happened in the final 8 seconds of the game. We were still up by 2 or 4 after the 76'rs just scored. Their is only a few seconds left in the game and we are about to inbound the ball. We have multiple players open for the pass, instead Casey goes and calls a time out! I freaked out when this happened for the very reason we had open players and they would have fouled and called a time out right after. After that it was all downhill, and this was one of the stupidest coaching decisions I have seen in the past decade. We could of gotten the points, they would have gotten the ball with a few seconds left and we most likely would have finished with the W.

Now your turn guys don't be shy now!
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Re: Favorite Casey Screwups 

Post#2 » by Death Knight » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 am

Come Hell or High Water. For once a man spoke louder in words than action.

/thread.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#3 » by Inevitable » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:19 am

Putting in DeCold DeFrozen over the hot shooting Terrence Ross today.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#4 » by ballislife » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:23 am

Signing as our head coach... should've came in as an assistant.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#5 » by sanity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 am

Triple overtime loss to Utah where he opted for Bargnani for nearly 50 minutes of slacked play over our other options off the bench who basically kept our team in the game. Both Davis and Valanciunas played well and didn't see a lick of PT past the 4th.

Closing out the last overtime 15-8 is pretty laughable. Casey basically threw the game

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore ... 2012111228
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#6 » by DHK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:32 am

1) Calling timeout when Boozer had lost his shoe and we had all the momentum in the world
2) Calling timeout earlier on the season AFTER the opponent goes on some 15-0,17-0 run and have no momentum whatsoever.
3) Accountability on Bargnani
4) Having Calderon guard Kemba Walker while Lowry on Sessions.
5) Playing Kleiza at PF over Davis
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#7 » by Oakville_Raptor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:36 am

DHK wrote:1) Calling timeout when Boozer had lost his shoe and we had all the momentum in the world

What in the hell was he thinking :lol:

:nonono:
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#8 » by JV4MVP » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:39 am

Surprised this hasn't reached 100 pages and hasn't gotten locked yet....
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#9 » by Chaos Engine » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:42 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:
DHK wrote:1) Calling timeout when Boozer had lost his shoe and we had all the momentum in the world

Yeah I laughed when I saw he called a TO. He also did the same thing against another team early in the season, I can't remember which but Lowry was iso'd against a big man from the other team and Casey called a TO for no reason and gave the other team a huge break.

He's just so dumb.
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#10 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:

Not only do we have character players but we also have character coaches.. Why take advantage of a situation? we wanna play fair and lose the game the right way.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#11 » by dballislife » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 am

too many, why too many this season
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,476

Post#12 » by Bankai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:

Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#13 » by Indeed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 am

These excuses are still better than the true reason that our team lacks talent.
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#14 » by DHK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:

Well, Chicago let our PG Jarrett Jack tie his shoe while in play where Deng just stood there waiting for him to finish so as a character coach, he had to return the favor!
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#15 » by Waylon Mercy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:35 am

How about last year putting in a cold Rasual Butler against the Lakers to inbound the ball at the
end of the game and not calling a TO when he was bewildered?

Subbing in Magloire at the end of games and running plays for him to get the ball so he can
get fouled and him air balling FT's because he's our worst FT shooter then Casey apologizing
to the media after?

This year to many to name... It's amazing how we always get killed in the 3rd quarter isn't it?

The other team makes adjustments at halftime and Casey is absolutely clueless how to counter it...

His hockey like substitutions are horrible he wants to play the starters and bench a certain amount
of minutes instead of reacting to who is hot and cold...

And I think the reason why DeRozan has gone down the Sh*tter is because he's dead tired from
playing entire 1st quarters and on the flip side Ross has been inconsistent because sometimes he
doesn't enter the game till the early to mid 2nd quarter.

But that's what you get when you hire a coach because Rick Carlisle ass dials you when he's drunk
to tell you to hire his boy.
RyanW
Senior
And1: 89

Post#16 » by RyanW » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:40 am

Keeping "Big Cat" in over Amir..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty7oUOn3v_Y[/youtube]
Image Image
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#17 » by J Dilla » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:55 am

1) Calling timeout when Boozer had lost his shoe and we had all the momentum in the world

Agreed that was the most **** up thing I've seen. I don't remember any raptor headcoach doing this ****

2) Playing a 3-14 Bargnani in OT when Davis had like 17/15
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,476

Post#18 » by Bankai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:13 am

J Dilla wrote:1) Calling timeout when Boozer had lost his shoe and we had all the momentum in the world

Agreed that was the most **** up thing I've seen. I don't remember any raptor headcoach doing this ****

I believe Triano did the same thing multiple times. Where it was a 4v5 because someone fell or got injured and Triano calls a timeout so the other team (and our own guy Scott) can go check on that opposing player. :-?
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,530

Post#19 » by C_Money » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 am

I can't believe how much of a bust Dwane Casey has been this season. Even casual fans are asking themselves WTF is going on when your best players are sitting on the bench at the end of the games.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#20 » by Waylon Mercy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:44 am

Return to Toronto Raptors