1/18 Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Mr Grant Hill
Sixth Man
And1: 102

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#641 » by Mr Grant Hill » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 am

Run DLC wrote:I'm more impressed that he shot 100% from the FT line at 21-21.

I'm more impressed that refs are not in jail yet.
Wake up, girl. I wanna go surfing.
RvM
Veteran
And1: 276

Post#642 » by RvM » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 am

Damn that was such a great game.

I know VC always plays some of his best ball against OKC, but clearly we can see that the man still has a lot of game left.
RvM:42-31 when making Gamethreads.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,828

Post#643 » by Mk0 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 am

RvM wrote:Damn that was such a great game.

I know VC always plays some of his best ball against OKC, but clearly we can see that the man still has a lot of game left.

Does he though?

Really?
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#644 » by TheAdmiral » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 am

Run DLC wrote:But but but but, He's a better all-around player than LeBron James.

He may not be the better player (certainly not the better all-around player), but he doesn't deserve to be called a chucker as well. He's having a significantly more efficient season at 24 years of age in terms of scoring compared to LeBron's season when he was the same age.

Impressive game by Durant.
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#645 » by mj234eva » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 am

KD for this one game:

TS% = 64.61%
eFG% = 50%
USG% = 36.68%

Shot poorly from the field but made up for it in made free throws and three pointers.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
imchillin
Banned User
And1: 28

Post#646 » by imchillin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 am

TheAdmiral wrote:
Run DLC wrote:But but but but, He's a better all-around player than LeBron James.

He may not be the better player (certainly not the better all-around player), but he doesn't deserve to be called a chucker as well. He's having a significantly more efficient season at 24 years of age in terms of scoring compared to LeBron's season when he was the same age.

not sure how we are comparing age now? Durant is a better shooter so he can score easier (jump shots) but Durant also didn't have to develop the way lebron did. DUrant's team >>>>>>> Lebrons Cavs and its not even close. Durant could manage to lay low all game, let Westbrook do whatever and just score when needed. He can chill, lebron could never chill. He can't even chill now.

Lebron's pressure to be engaged at all times in every game is nothing Durant will ever have the pressure of doing, he can pick his shots however he pleases. You give a great shooter a team where his next best teammate can outplay him on any given night and he won't be efficient?
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,504

Post#647 » by GSP » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 am

imchillin wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:

not sure how we are comparing age now? Durant is a better shooter so he can score easier (jump shots) but Durant also didn't have to develop the way lebron did. DUrant's team >>>>>>> Lebrons Cavs and its not even close. Durant could manage to lay low all game, let Westbrook do whatever and just score when needed. He can chill, lebron could never chill. He can't even chill now.

Lebron's pressure to be engaged at all times in every game is nothing Durant will ever have the pressure of doing, he can pick his shots however he pleases. You give a great shooter a team where his next best teammate can outplay him on any given night and he won't be efficient?

Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.
King_John
Starter
And1: 283

Post#648 » by King_John » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 am

Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.[/quote]

Yeah like who...OKC still has Ibaka and Martin as major contributors...and who exactly do you mean was better on the Cavs supporting cast (Drew Gooden, Larry Huges, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jamario Moon,.....). I mean you could argue with Varajao and Mo Willimas but they are not better than Ibaka and Martin....
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,504

Post#649 » by GSP » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 am

King_John wrote:Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.

Yeah like who...OKC still has Ibaka and Martin as major contributors...and who exactly do you mean was better on the Cavs supporting cast (Drew Gooden, Larry Huges, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jamario Moon,.....). I mean you could argue with Varajao and Mo Willimas but they are not better than Ibaka and Martin....[/quote]

Mo Williams is and was better tham Martin IMO. Ibaka would be ever worse offensive than Andy without Thunder 2 main stars. Hes assisted on 93% of his field goal makes............defensively Andys better IMO Ibaka is overrated defender because of shotblocking.

Mo > Martin
Andy > Ibaka
Delonte > Thabo
Big Z > Collison
past prime Big Ben > Perkins

IMO. But Westbrook is a superstar in this league hes amazing and makes the difference overall. Top 3 Pg.
King_John
Starter

Post#650 » by King_John » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 am

GSP wrote:
King_John wrote:Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.

Yeah like who...OKC still has Ibaka and Martin as major contributors...and who exactly do you mean was better on the Cavs supporting cast (Drew Gooden, Larry Huges, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jamario Moon,.....). I mean you could argue with Varajao and Mo Willimas but they are not better than Ibaka and Martin....

Mo Williams is and was better tham Martin IMO. Ibaka would be ever worse offensive than Andy without Thunder 2 main stars. Hes assisted on 93% of his field goal makes............defensively Andys better IMO Ibaka is overrated defender because of shotblocking.

Mo > Martin
Andy > Ibaka
Delonte > Thabo
Big Z > Collison

IMO. But Westbrook is a superstar in this league hes amazing and makes the difference overall. Top 3 Pg.[/quote]

First I assume you are trolling. If you are not I can guarantee you are the only person on this board who thinks this...

Mo > Martin
Andy > Ibaka
Delonte > Thabo
Big Z > Collison

...is accurate. PEACE
King_John
Starter

Post#651 » by King_John » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 am

now if we compare the roster of LeBron Prime Cleveland and Durants Thunder now:

Westbrook > Mo
West > sefolosha
Ibaka > Hickson
Perkins > Ilgauskas

plus: martin > west
va-mos
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#652 » by va-mos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

It is amazing that despite being told differently by all "experts", the Bulls may have a better record than the Knicks, even before Rose returns. Bulls are only 2 games behind Knicks after that great grinding win at Boston.
3gbrrrfkyt
Sixth Man
And1: 144

Post#653 » by 3gbrrrfkyt » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W67juNaBEac[/youtube]
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#654 » by TheAdmiral » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfazzcroyjo[/youtube]
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
ricochet
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#655 » by ricochet » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 am

21 Free throws???? WTF???
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#656 » by branny » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:08 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:
Durant a monster, show him respect he won the game.

With all that beiing said, if we dont get OKC Vs Lakers 1 vs 8 seed first round. And it becomes OKC vs Mavs 1 vs 8 seed first round. With Dirk fully 100% by then , it has serious serious serious upset potential. 2 times they have played 2 times went to OT.

Possibly could go down as the greatest upset in NBA history, keep that in mind.

I think the Mavs could make a nice push in the second half of the season. They are really starting to play with intensity now and as Dirk gets better, the team should also get better.

#1 OKC vs #8 DAL could be awesome.

I really hope that doesn't happen :x

Could end up being an awesome series.
Durant 35
Junior
And1: 1

Post#657 » by Durant 35 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Love our never say die attuide. Dallas always play us so tough no matter how good or bad they are.

we have two road games in Denver then off to play the Clips. Will be tough it's a damn tough 6 game road trip.

As long as we beat the clips.
9abovetherim
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#658 » by 9abovetherim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:28 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPXcq6jQpBo[/youtube]
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#659 » by Tron Carter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:06 pm

va-mos wrote:It is amazing that despite being told differently by all "experts", the Bulls may have a better record than the Knicks, even before Rose returns. Bulls are only 2 games behind Knicks after that great grinding win at Boston.

The experts also said the Knicks would be fighting for the 8th seed, the Celtics would run away with the Atlantic, and Deron Williams was better then Carmelo Anthony.

Not really much to feel vindicated about.
R.I.P Black Mamba
JDRochholz
General Manager
And1: 1,187

Post#660 » by JDRochholz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Quote of the night:
K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Asked Noah if KG crosses line: "When we lose, I feel like he crosses the line. But since we've been beating their asses, I'm cool with it."

:D

Return to The General Board