Would the Thunder be even better if they had Harden?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

reapaman
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,220

Re: Would the Thunder be even better if they had Harden? 

Post#21 » by reapaman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Well all I care about is who would be better against the heat, Martin or Harden? I'm still going Martin because for all of hardens strengths (and yes he's a better player overall than martin), his lack of mid range shot can be a major liability. The heat are a unique team and have the ability to greatly reduce even the best basket attackers from getting easy shots when driving (although indiana did a good job of it last night against harden). So thats why you saw the number of three point and mid range attempts for him greatly increase while his attacks on the basket greatly decreased from previous rounds and the regular season. You also saw this when houston played miami early this year. For all of Martin's flaws, he can score anyway you want him to including the mid range shot.

I still won't trust harden versus the heat or any team that can find a way to stop him from getting to the paint. Its a huge deal.
BRING JAMAAL FRANKLIN TO UTAH!!!!!
Durant 35
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Would the Thunder be even better if they had Harden? 

Post#22 » by Durant 35 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Well yeah if Harden plays to a good normal level in the finals we likely win that series but we will never truely know...but considering how close all the games were but one..you can make a case.

Return to The General Board