ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: ND's Te'o may be a fraud

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,349

Re: OT: ND's Te'o may be a fraud 

Post#201 » by Grinditout » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 am

Hey remember when Cam Newton/Michael Vick.....oh that's right you didn't until just now.

This will pass in time. By the start of next season I doubt people will mention it anymore and it'll become a footnote.
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#202 » by Jetset » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 am

Grinditout wrote:Hey remember when Cam Newton/Michael Vick.....oh that's right you didn't until just now.

This will pass in time. By the start of next season I doubt people will mention it anymore and it'll become a footnote.

just because it isn't talked about doesn't mean it's forgotten. millions of dog owners/lovers still hate vick, vick can make all the apologizes he wants he's never getting all of his fans back. and everyone knows auburn bought newton and the ncaa helped cover it up. just like everyone remembers how newton stole that computer from uf and in return got kicked out the university. hell, people still make comments about ray lewis being a murderer.

this case is just so much more bazaar and unusual than the others that it's just not going to go away, and manti isn't doing anything to help it go away. this is something that's always going to be associated with him especially if it finally comes out that he indeed had something to do with this hoax. you don't get in front of america and lie about cancer. even lance armstrong would have to do a double take at that.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,349

Post#203 » by Grinditout » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:10 am

destro wrote:
Grinditout wrote:Hey remember when Cam Newton/Michael Vick.....oh that's right you didn't until just now.

just because it isn't talked about doesn't mean it's forgotten. millions of dog owners/lovers still hate vick, vick can make all the apologizes he wants he's never getting all of his fans back. and everyone knows auburn bought newton and the ncaa helped cover it up. just like everyone remembers how newton stole that computer from uf and in return got kicked out the university. hell, people still make comments about ray lewis being a murderer.

this case is just so much more bazaar and unusual than the others that it's just not going to go away, and manti isn't doing anything to help it go away. this is something that's always going to be associated with him especially if it finally comes out that he indeed had something to do with this hoax. you don't get in front of america and lie about cancer. even lance armstrong would have to do a double take at that.

Michael Vick was still able to get a starting QB job, Cam Newton was still picked number one, and Ray Lewis still had a long HOF career. Sure you're right in that there will be people that will never forget but to say that this whole issue is gonna affect his draft stock or haunt him for the rest of his career is overblown.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,029

Post#204 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 am

Hey. I gots me some new girlfriends!!!!

http://www.virtuagirl.com
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#205 » by SonOfMars » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:31 am

This is the most bizarre sports story....ever :lol:
Props Turbo_Zone
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,878

Post#206 » by NYKinMIA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Well it seems Jeremy Schaap is pretty convinced this fool was actually just guilty of stupidity. If It's truly the case, and the whole story and timeline checkout under more detailed scrutiny then this should fade into oblivion and may not affect his career too badly. If he produces on the field, all is forgiven in this society.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 994

Post#207 » by blue and orange » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:37 pm

I guess Teo really did get catfished, it is still a very confusing story. Perhaps Teo wanted to be celibic just like Tebow did when we went to Florida the ultimate party school. This is definetly not a tragedy like Jack Swarbrick made it out to be a literally used the word "tragedy" that was taking it to far no need to shed tears over this, just get over it and dont be an idiot next time try ummm getting a real girl friend :dontknow: that shouldnt be too hard for a soon to be NFL player.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#208 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:04 pm

ESPN seems to be in bed with ND to me. I don't trust them. I still think this sh** don't add up... although it is somewhat plausible that he was catfished and then was so embarrassed he kept the lie going.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Jetset
RealGM

Post#209 » by Jetset » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:35 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:ESPN seems to be in bed with ND to me. I don't trust them. I still think this sh** don't add up... although it is somewhat plausible that he was catfished and then was so embarrassed he kept the lie going.

i was willing to give espn the benefit of the doubt despite some reports saying espn had known about this 10 days prior to deadspin releasing it, thinking maybe it was inaccurate. but i'm now all but convinced espn has played a major role in helping this story in favor of te'o. and what's funny is the explanation espn is putting out there still doesn't make sense.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,584

Post#210 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:40 pm

So a sympathetic story wouldn't have garnered more Heisman votes? It's beyond the realm of possibility that he and his family weren't trying to improve his "brand" so his stock rose and the endorsements followed?

Oscam's razor. Two easiest explanations are he was duped (possible but a stretch) or that it was created or went along with for financial gain (also possible)
Jetset
RealGM

Post#211 » by Jetset » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:46 pm

turns out that interview with espn was off-air and his lawyer was present at the table with them throughout the whole process.
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#212 » by gamer4Life » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 pm

What's the big deal about this story? I don't know why this is making news headlines.

The guy made up a story about a girlfriend. My buddy once lied about sleeping with a girl in high school. Who cares?

Unless you're the type that loves to watch celebrity gossip for some reason.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#213 » by Red Vines » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Because he undoubtedly exaggerated the extent of the relationship to his family/friends/public there will always be doubt about his intentions. Did he make it sound more than it was because he was embarrassed about being in an online relationship and other people wouldn't understand? Or was it more complicated--did he willingly look the other way even if he had doubts and continue to make up details because it was helping his career? Might be impossible to know.
gamer4Life
General Manager

Post#214 » by gamer4Life » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Red Vines wrote:Because he undoubtedly exaggerated the extent of the relationship to his family/friends/public there will always be doubt about his intentions. Did he make it sound more than it was because he was embarrassed about being in an online relationship and other people wouldn't understand? Or was it more complicated--did he willingly look the other way even if he had doubts and continue to make up details because it was helping his career? Might be impossible to know.

Hmmmm... still sounds more like celebrity gossip. To each his own I guess.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#215 » by Jersey Generals » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 pm

gamer4Life wrote:My buddy once lied about sleeping with a girl in high school.

Did he also kill her off via cancer?
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#216 » by CrazyKnicks » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 pm

gamer4Life wrote:What's the big deal about this story? I don't know why this is making news headlines.

The guy made up a story about a girlfriend. My buddy once lied about sleeping with a girl in high school. Who cares?

Unless you're the type that loves to watch celebrity gossip for some reason.

+1

If he's bad enough to come up with a lie like that then that's his problem tbh, not sure why the media is so concerned with this.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#217 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 pm

gamer4Life wrote:
Red Vines wrote:Because he undoubtedly exaggerated the extent of the relationship to his family/friends/public there will always be doubt about his intentions. Did he make it sound more than it was because he was embarrassed about being in an online relationship and other people wouldn't understand? Or was it more complicated--did he willingly look the other way even if he had doubts and continue to make up details because it was helping his career? Might be impossible to know.

He manipulated a lot of people with his fake story.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#218 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:
gamer4Life wrote:My buddy once lied about sleeping with a girl in high school.

Did he also kill her off via cancer?

And do interviews on TV about her?
gamer4Life
General Manager

Post#219 » by gamer4Life » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
gamer4Life wrote:

He manipulated a lot of people with his fake story.

"Manipulated"? Only because the media reported it. No one got "hurt".
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#220 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:31 am

well he gave the country several days and you guys 15 pages worth of conversation.

bravo, te'o.

Return to New York Knicks