ImageImageImageImageImage

How do we like Lowry now?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

maxslugger
Ballboy
And1: 1

How do we like Lowry now? 

Post#1 » by maxslugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Sorry guys, Lowry can't be our guy at the point. The guy is a pre-madonna, he wants the attention, he wants to be the guy. Thats fine, I don't mind that but he just doesnt have what it takes to lead at the point. Let's be honest, Houston has made some nice moves and I'm pretty sure they knew what they were doing when they got rid of Lowry. The guy at best is a 6th man, he can't have the ball at the end of the game because I think we've been in enough games to realize that he aint all that special in crunch time, again no one on this team is.

I'm mad because the guy scorers 0 points one game off the bench(he wanted to be john stockton and dish the ball all game which is not his game)

I'm mad because he gets hurt against Brooklyn and comes back in the game jacking shots and everyone thinks he's a superstar again.

I'm mad because they gave him a chance against Philly to prove he's better than Calderon, comes in the game and as a PG you control that rock and run the team and he gets stipped by Jrue Holiday like 3 or 4 times, cant dribble or drive and also wants a foul everytime he takes it to the rack.

Lastly, I'm mad because Kyle Lowry is by far a worse defender than JOSE CALDERON.

All I'm saying is everyone wants Jose out and I don't have a boner for Jose believe me but look at this guy were going to hand the team too... he's a head case and he's not a true PG he's just a scorer. At least Jose runs the offense and gets everyone involved, is a respectful player in this league. He IMO is a definition of a TRUE PG, not Kyle. Really Kyle's gotta go he's arrogant and injury prone and we don't need that at the point.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Re: How do we like Lowry now? 

Post#2 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Still like, just dont like how he is being used.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#3 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:13 pm

He is our most talented player by far. The question is whether he fits the rebuild. He has showed that he can be a great facilitator and because of that I would build around him no question. Last night's game was a collapse of epic proportions. It was a total team effort.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#4 » by J-Roc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:16 pm

He should be our 35min PG night in and night out. Whether you like him or not, we traded a 1st round pick for him. We either have to make use of him or try to trade him for equal or better value to what we traded to get him.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#5 » by StopitLeo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:21 pm

I don't like how he can't run a pick and roll. But maybe it is him trying to play the Raptors system, which has been more suited to Jose.
torsport
Assistant Coach
And1: 110

Post#6 » by torsport » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 pm

J-Roc wrote:He should be our 35min PG night in and night out. Whether you like him or not, we traded a 1st round pick for him. We either have to make use of him or try to trade him for equal or better value to what we traded to get him.

Agreed,

I do like Lowry a lot. The team around him not so much.

So we're at a cross roads of whether Lowry is a piece of the future with this team or whether he's an asset to be used if it is blown up by whoever takes the reins.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#7 » by Big Shot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:24 pm

He is not Chris Paul, Derrick Ross, and Westbrook for sure. But he is what we have right now and is someone who is young and still has room to improve. Deal with it.

Having said that, I do think he needs to play better and more aggressively on both ends of the floor. It's not like he can't do it.
maxslugger
Ballboy

Post#8 » by maxslugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:32 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:He is our most talented player by far. The question is whether he fits the rebuild. He has showed that he can be a great facilitator and because of that I would build around him no question. Last night's game was a collapse of epic proportions. It was a total team effort.

How can you build a team around Lowry? he's just a scoring PG,he's a backup, he's got no defense, he can't dribble all that well and lastly he has never played a full season and probably never will.. it's just the type of guy Kyle Lowry is... everyone needs to learn to accept that and I would love to be proved wrong because more than likley the Raptors will be more successful but it's highly unlikley. All I'm saying is if we trade Jose and are left with only Lowry the team were in big trouble.

Saying last night game was a total team effort is fine I'm a team guy. AGAIN Lowry had his chance in the philly game to prove he's can lead this team and that he's better than JOSE and did not, he played bad, he turned over the ball, he didn't play ANY defense and quite frankly didn't put the ball in the basket all that well. He is one of the MAIN reasons why we lost that game yesterday. WHERE WAS OUR SAVIOR KYLE LOWRY LAST NIGHT WHEN WE NEEDED HIM? You guys are blind this guy is a 6th man.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#9 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Lowry's awesome.

Knocks Nick Young on his *** because he can't take the loss. There isn't one red blooded Raptor fan that wasn't happy about that.

Jose apologizes to Doug Collins before the game when he wasn't even in the wrong.
maxslugger
Ballboy

Post#10 » by maxslugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Lowry's awesome.

Knocks Nick Young on his *** because he can't take the loss. There isn't one red blooded Raptor fan that wasn't happy about that.

Jose apologizes to Doug Collins before the game when he wasn't even in the wrong.

Sorry man, I don't understand what your trying to say.. lol.. if thats your argument to backup and hide lowrys flaws thats sad...
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#11 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:48 pm

maxslugger wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:Lowry's awesome.

Sorry man, I don't understand what your trying to say.. lol.. if thats your argument to backup and hide lowrys flaws thats sad...

I don't have to back up anything that hasn't already been pointed out. Statistically he's great. Has been for years. He shouldn't be backing up Calderon right now, but that's Casey's fault.
mango2209
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#12 » by mango2209 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Lowry is great.....the problem with this team is the rest of the roster.

Other than Davis and Amir, we have 2 rookie bigs (and Bargs)
our wings are still garbage, Demar, Fields, Ross are inconsistent

Calderon is a backup in this league. Casey just can't stand keeping him on the bench. We need a new GM to fix our roster and trade Calderon
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#13 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Some of us on the Milwaukee board want to propose Jennings and Gooden for Lowry and Amir. Others on our board hate that deal. We've got about ten pages of rambling on Lowry at the link below.

Thoughts?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1226960&start=15#p34362285
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#14 » by 5DOM » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Some of us on the Milwaukee board want to propose Jennings and Gooden for Lowry and Amir. Others on our board hate that deal. We've got about ten pages of rambling on Lowry at the link below.

Thoughts?

Lowry and Amir are our two best players. Pretty sure almost everyone on our board would hate that deal
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,980

Post#15 » by Mack11 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 pm

I dont flip flop on players every game
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#16 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:25 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Some of us on the Milwaukee board want to propose Jennings and Gooden for Lowry and Amir. Others on our board hate that deal. We've got about ten pages of rambling on Lowry at the link below.

Thoughts?

Thats just horrible for us.

We give up the better players (depending on how you feel about Jennings vs Lowry).
We get the privilege of negotiating a new contract with jennings and after what BC doled out for DD, I want him no where near the negotiating table. I easily take Lowry and his friendly salary over jennings.

Amir is in a different league compared to Gooden. Amir has been our best big this year and is playing to his contract which is something Gooden has never been able to do.

The only clear thing that works in our favour is that we get the youngest player.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 422

Post#17 » by cdel00 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Thoughts?

Jennings and Gooden for Lowry and Klieza is more reasonable :)
Econgrad
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#18 » by Econgrad » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:28 pm

He has a lot of trouble keeping his composure. Look at the best PGs in the game and they are all better able to control themselves psychologically on the court and control the flow of the game. Lowry gets shook, and then predictably out of control, just like TJ and Mike James.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#19 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 pm

5DOM wrote:

Thoughts?

Lowry and Amir are our two best players. Pretty sure almost everyone on our board would hate that deal

Understood. Just pointing out that a bunch of our guys hate that deal also from the Milwaukee perspective. Feel free to join our thread or weigh in here. We just see Toronto as a possible trade partner for Jennings. Abut half of us want the guy dealt. The other half of our board wants to build around him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#20 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm

cdel00 wrote:

Thoughts?

Jennings and Gooden for Lowry and Klieza is more reasonable :)

Dude thats just as bad.

Klieza has one less year and makes 2 mill per year less than Gooden.
Jennings is up for renegotiations while Lowry is locked into one of the best non rookie deals in the league for another year after this.

Marginal talent upgrade at best, while we get crapped on financially.

Return to Toronto Raptors