ImageImage

Amnesty International

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

HanginAround
Junior
And1: 5

Amnesty International 

Post#1 » by HanginAround » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:45 am

I was hanging out thinking about our need at the center position... and it just occurred to me since the Lakers aren't going to get anybody to take gasol they are gonna use the amnesty clause on him

so howsabout we throw something in the 5mil range so we would have another 8,000,000 or so to finish out our bench
rasta_marley
Starter
And1: 509

Re: Amnesty International 

Post#2 » by rasta_marley » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:47 am

I am not convinced that they would use the amnesty clause... furthermore don't think he would be a great fit... if we could get him for cheap as hell I would be down however I dont see him coming tot he blazers.
Heej wrote:And tbh I'm not entirely convinced MJ wasn't just the 90s version of KD.

:lol:
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,671

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:54 am

rasta_marley wrote:I am not convinced that they would use the amnesty clause... furthermore don't think he would be a great fit... if we could get him for cheap as hell I would be down however I dont see him coming tot he blazers.

It wouldn't be his choice if the Blazers were the highest bidder once he hit waivers.
HanginAround
Junior
And1: 5

Post#4 » by HanginAround » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:13 am

[size=100][/size]First off his hit on the lux tax os gonna burn hard even for the lakers so I think it's a definite possibility. other cut players have been going for peanuts hopefully wih enouh left for stucky under the cap... still have mle for the general managers creativity to fill and maybe a pick or two.... another year for our rookies to grow and i think u got a contender

gasol/leonard/lma
lma/gasol/freeland
batum/#1 or mle or wes/claver
wes/stucky/barton
dam/stucky/vet min or a rook

looks strong to me

and look how good jj looks cause lma gasols game would look nice next to lma... he needs a skilled backcourt partner to do well
BigLurch92
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#5 » by BigLurch92 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 am

HanginAround wrote:[size=100][/size]First off his hit on the lux tax os gonna burn hard even for the lakers so I think it's a definite possibility. other cut players have been going for peanuts hopefully wih enouh left for stucky under the cap... still have mle for the general managers creativity to fill and maybe a pick or two.... another year for our rookies to grow and i think u got a contender

gasol/leonard/lma
lma/gasol/freeland
wes/stucky/barton

looks strong to me

and look how good jj looks cause lma gasols game would look nice next to lma... he needs a skilled backcourt partner to do well

That would be straight..
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#6 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 am

I actually think Gasol would be a great fit, I'd fully support the Blazers budding for him if he were amnestied. That said, I agree with the poster who said the Lakers will not consider amnestying Gasol.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#7 » by sisibilio » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:53 pm

HanginAround wrote:[size=100][/size]First off his hit on the lux tax os gonna burn hard even for the lakers so I think it's a definite possibility. other cut players have been going for peanuts hopefully wih enouh left for stucky under the cap... still have mle for the general managers creativity to fill and maybe a pick or two.... another year for our rookies to grow and i think u got a contender

gasol/leonard/lma
lma/gasol/freeland
wes/stucky/barton

looks strong to me

I don' want Stuckey anywhere near this team but other than that it's all good. Not happening though.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
License2Lillard
Bench Warmer
And1: 62

Post#8 » by License2Lillard » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkp9dpc

Our bench isn't producing anyways. We should just ship them all out.
:P

Not sure how it's successful, LA has 7 empty roster spots? :lol:
number15 wrote:If Tracy McGrady makes it to the HOF, then so should DeMar Derozan :-?
T-Blazin1995
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#9 » by T-Blazin1995 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:53 pm

sisibilio wrote:

gasol/leonard/lma
lma/gasol/freeland
wes/stucky/barton

looks strong to me

I don' want Stuckey anywhere near this team but other than that it's all good. Not happening though.

I don't see anything wrong with a guy like Stuckey coming off the bench actually that would be very helpful unless he has some attitude issue
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#10 » by sisibilio » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Nothing wrong, i just dislike him. A lot.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
T-Blazin1995
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#11 » by T-Blazin1995 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm

Ah ok I see.
deanwoof
Assistant Coach
And1: 811

Post#12 » by deanwoof » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 am

License2Lillard wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkp9dpc

Our bench isn't producing anyways. We should just ship them all out.
:P

Not sure how it's successful, LA has 7 empty roster spots? :lol:

Take out Nolan smith and you may have a deal..
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#13 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Gasol is proving he's much more of a C than a jump shooting PF. He had one of his best games of the year today with Dwight out after getting 2 techs early.

I actually think Gasol would be a fantastic fit next to Aldridge. The problem is obviously that there's no way to trade for him, not that Portland would even want to because his contract is ridiculous.

I think before the trade deadline, the Lakers are going to have to make a choice between Dwight and Gasol, with Gasol being the obvious choice to go. It's painfully clear they cannot coexist and never will be able to. The problem for Portland is that if the Lakers just want to trade Gasol, I think they'll find a taker. They may not get the huge return they want, but I think someone will give them some expiring contracts/cap space and middling young players. I still don't think they amnesty him.

So yeah, the Blazers still don't have any realistic shot at him.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Charcoal Filtered
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#14 » by Charcoal Filtered » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 am

Dont think he gets amnestied either. That does nothing for the Lakers since it only takes away the luxury bill for Gasol only. There are lots of teams with cap space this coming offseason with few top talents.
The NBA: Where convicted tax evader Ken Mauer happens to officiate.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers