ImageImageImage

Injury Exception (Wolves Sign Chris Johnson)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,576

Injury Exception (Wolves Sign Chris Johnson) 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm

“@Twolves_PR: #Twolves David Kahn says the NBA has granted the team an injury exception. It is limited to a 10-day contract.”

“@Twolves_PR: NBA granted #Twolves injury exception b/c team has 4 players currently that will miss a minimum of 2 weeks. And additional players hurt.”

“@Twolves_PR: #Twolves Lazar Hayward 10-day contract has expired & team will not re-sign him.”

“@Twolves_PR: #Twolves Kahn says that there is no timetable for Brandon Roy's return. It will be a minimum of a couple of weeks.”

“@Twolves_PR: #Twolves Nikola Pekovic (right thigh contusion) did not practice today & is expected to miss the next 7-10 days.”

“@Twolves_PR: #Twolves Alexey Shved (sprained left ankle) did not practice and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
wolfcat
Sophomore
And1: 22

Re: Injury Exception 

Post#2 » by wolfcat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:11 pm

So we don't get an exception for Lee for the rest of the season? Crap. 10 day is better than nothing but not much as there are many of the best FA available that won't play only for a 10 day. If we can't get any better than Lazar it won't help us any really.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:27 pm

“@MarkRemme: Kahn: "With Lazar now departed, we need someone who can ideally play 2-3." Also w/ Pek out 7-10 days, thin at center spot. #Twolves”

Gelabale is the 2/3, who's the big? Whiteside? Jordan?

Oden? :D
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

wolfcat
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#4 » by wolfcat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@MarkRemme: Kahn: "With Lazar now departed, we need someone who can ideally play 2-3." Also w/ Pek out 7-10 days, thin at center spot. #Twolves”

Gelabale is the 2/3, who's the big? Whiteside? Jordan?

Oden? :D

White? Martin? Birdman?
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#5 » by [RCG] » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Dikembe Mutombo?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#6 » by Jukeness » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Shaq?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#7 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Fesenko?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Sasha Kaun? (Need more Russians!)

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#9 » by Basti » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Darko?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

“@DarrenWolfson: The #Twolves have said no to Kenyon Martin a couple times this year, but he makes sense now if the objective is winning & not development. Birdman could fall into that category too. If they want to develop a guy, scouts say Jerome Jordan (best D-League center)."

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm

“@DarrenWolfson: Source says Chris Johnson is the newest Wolf. Will sign a 10-day. They're passing on Jerome Jordan. #twolves”

Johnson was our last training camp cut.

shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,962

Post#12 » by shrink » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@DarrenWolfson: Source says Chris Johnson is the newest Wolf. Will sign a 10-day. They're passing on Jerome Jordan. #twolves”

Johnson was our last training camp cut.

I forgot about that! Seems like our man!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Injury Exception (Wolves Sign Chris Johnson) 

Post#13 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

As someone who has been to the NBA before, Santa Cruz Warriors center Chris Johnson has been more relaxed than some of his younger teammates about getting his next chance at the NBA.

Perhaps it's that calm that approach to things that helped the long and athletic 6-foot-11 center get a coveted NBA call-up by the Minnesota Timberwolves today: whereas younger players might try to impress by making spectacular individual plays, Johnson has consistently focused on playing within the team concept on both ends of the floor as he alluded to in describing the experience of playing in front of NBA scouts in Reno recently, where he got an honorable mention for his performance.

"Really [the D-League Showcase] is not that different for me, but for guys that's new to this, it probably is," Johnson said after recording 18 points and six rebounds in the Warriors' win against the Tulsa 66ers at Kaiser Permanente Arena on Sunday. "It can be a little nerve-wracking - you could get a little nervous. You don't have a crowd there - it's just scouts there...Just play as a team. Sometimes guys want to do more individual stuff but that's not what scouts want to see. They want to see what you can do within the offense and certain decisions you make in certain situations."

Of course, Johnson is not without a highlight reel of spectacular plays of his own: from big blocks to monster dunks, Johnson has had his share of eye-catching moments. But what always seemed to stand out about Johnson as a NBA prospect was his ability to find gaps in the defense to find scoring opportunities for his high-release jumper, his ability to run the floor, and the instincts that make him a solid weakside shot blocker.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/santa- ... z-warriors

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcR1JjUfenc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f_M6AeYnQ8[/youtube]

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#14 » by The J Rocka » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Bring on the Birdman. I wouldn't mind Martin either. Rather him start over Cunningham. Williams is going to be gone.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 pm

The J Rocka wrote:Bring on the Birdman. I wouldn't mind Martin either. Rather him start over Cunningham. Williams is going to be gone.

We already got our guy

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#16 » by The J Rocka » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Klomp wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:Bring on the Birdman. I wouldn't mind Martin either. Rather him start over Cunningham. Williams is going to be gone.

We already got our guy

Oh nvm I thought that story was linked after we signed Johnson. Late night.

Anyways, I'm not sure how this is going to workout for us. Johnson is meh. I understand wanting to only give out 10 day contracts but this is kind of depressing (signing d-league scrubs and hoping they make some kind of impact.) Guys like Martin & Birdman would at least be solid starters on our team right now. I know Birdman can outplay Steamer and Cunningham can go back to the bench to play with 2nd unit. Oh well, financial reasons.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#17 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Birdman is a bad seed, all those tattoos and such. As for Kenyon, he's a bad seed too, all those tattoos and such.

Chris Johnson is the right guy for the team. He's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#18 » by C.lupus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Probably more trade flexibility reasons than anything.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#19 » by Murphs56 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Wow, Chris Johnson plays basketball too?!
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#20 » by [RCG] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Birdman is a bad seed, all those tattoos and such. As for Kenyon, he's a bad seed too, all those tattoos and such.

Chris Johnson is the right guy for the team. He's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

We'll ignore the tattoos Pek, Rubio and Kirilenko have then.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves