ImageImageImageImageImage

Derozan's BS "work ethic"

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Re: Derozan's BS "work ethic" 

Post#21 » by gamer4Life » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 am

Left Side Drive wrote:
ROBBS wrote:How funny. VC had superstar talent but criticized for work ethic, drive, and the like. Demar comes along with those things reversed

And it is obvious who we like more...talent wins games

Who do we like more?
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 888

Post#22 » by bonjovi0308 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:12 am

Work ethic has nth to do with talent. U can mock his talent, but dont mock on someones work ethic
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#23 » by Oakville_Raptor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

gamer4Life wrote:
Left Side Drive wrote:
ROBBS wrote:How funny. VC had superstar talent but criticized for work ethic, drive, and the like. Demar comes along with those things reversed

And it is obvious who we like more...talent wins games

Who do we like more?

Real Raptors fans obviously like Vince more.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#24 » by Volcano » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:11 pm

I love it how stupid people overrate players and then cry when they don't meet expectations
raptorfan416
Banned User
And1: 172

Post#25 » by raptorfan416 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Volcano wrote:I love it how stupid people overrate players and then cry when they don't meet expectations
so true :lol: I've said it before and i'll say it again i blame the organization for this this. demar is not a go to scorer so why are they trying to make him the man here ? the fact that demar is our go to scorer should tell you how much this team lack's talent. people on here over hyped him because the organization told you he was the man here.. lets be real here for a second, demar never had the skill set to be a go to top scorer in this league. there's NOTHING WRONG with his work ethic, he actually puts the work in the gym reason why he's put on muscle and went to work out with team USA. demar is not like brags, brags actually has the skills to be a top player in this league, brags was picked number 1 because he has the skills needed to be the man, he just doesn't give a sh*t!!!!!. demar on the other hand was supposed to be a 6th man type of player.. why do you think he was picked 9th and not higher ? he was picked 9th because he had a lot of weaknesses in his game. there's nothing wrong with his work ethic , he just doesn't have they skills needed to be a go to player in the NBA... i don't know why people on here act as if demar is some kind of huge disappointment, when in reality he went 9th for a reason, if he was supposed to be the player you guys think he should be we would not have gotten him with the 9th pick... he is what i expected him to be and thats A 6TH MAN TYPE OF PLAYER, you guys are still drinking the crap BC is selling you, then you start expecting way too much from players that are not expected to play at that level. you see the people on here talking about Vince was way better than demar.. NO SH*T SMART GUY. Vince went 5th in the draft but you can actually say he went 4th because we traded the 4th pick Antawn Jamison for him..coming out of college Vince carter had what it takes to be the man, that's why he was picked 4th and not 9th like demar. im so happy the NHL is back so these puck heads that come on here and act as if they know basketball can go back to following the NHL.
erekose200
Senior
And1: 126

Post#26 » by erekose200 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:16 pm

His B-ball IQ is just too low.. work ethic cannot overcome it.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#27 » by StopitLeo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:25 pm

I don't doubt he works hard. The problem is that players don't get significantly better after their rookie contract (so 3 years or so). Paying him $10M thinking he will become a $10M player is ridiculous. He is going to be $4-5M overpaid.

Seriously, when has a guy taken a huge leap after their rookie deal? BC did this with Andrea and DeMar. Neither is an allstar level guy and that was obvious before the time came to extend either.
mango2209
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#28 » by mango2209 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:12 pm

I still believe he works hard.... the problem is that he's getting more attention by the other team's defense and he can't adjust. He has poor handles and is struggling to get into the lane. All he can really do now is shoot jumpers off screens. He doesn't even post up much anymore. He really needs to improve his game more.
revvolutions
Starter
And1: 1,270

Post#29 » by revvolutions » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Work smart, not hard. I don't doubt that he spends hours in the gym and on film, but what is he picking up, and what is he focusing on, other than shooting long 2s?

What's frustrating is how he'll pick something up, and stop doing the other thing he he did before that made him a presentable player, he isn't building up a set of skills, he just trades one skill for another.

Moreover, he is mentally weak and whiny, not the type to get up and hustle for a rebound to make a second attempt on his shot, but to whine and expect the call to go his way, it's beyond irritating to watch at this point. Not the type to embrace adversity, double teams or even push the damn ball. YOU ARE NOT A STAR, DON'T EXPECT THE CALL, EVER. (The whole team seems to think this too, losers put your head down and stop getting in these situations up 19-17 points, I'm looking at you Casey.)

On defense it's like having a fusion of the defense of calderon and lowry, matador you to your favourite spot, then gamble for a steal.

And then we come to Colangelo, he only knows one way to bring up his draft picks, and that's to coddle them with too much too soon, every **** ing time. Neither Bargnani or Derozan have had to fight for that starting spot, or had it threatened so they've developed in a certain way.

I'm done.
[img]http://i57.tinypic.com/bfj4f4.png[/im2g]
MoneyMo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,791

Post#30 » by MoneyMo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:17 pm

Vince Carter came into this league with no 3pt shot and limited ball handling skills. He worked on it the first few off-seasons in this league and became a superstar. DeRozan has the same flaws he's always had so I don't see how you can say he has a better work ethic then Carter when he's shown virtually zero improvement.
raptorfan416
Banned User

Post#31 » by raptorfan416 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Tanger wrote:I don't doubt he works hard. The problem is that players don't get significantly better after their rookie contract (so 3 years or so). Paying him $10M thinking he will become a $10M player is ridiculous. He is going to be $4-5M overpaid.

Seriously, when has a guy taken a huge leap after their rookie deal? BC did this with Andrea and DeMar. Neither is an allstar level guy and that was obvious before the time came to extend either.
so you blame demar for being overpaid ? :lol: that's the problem with sport fans, they're quick to blame a player for not playing up to the contract that was thrown at them. what do you expect him to say no thanks BC keep the money ? demar is what he is, he's playing to the best of his god given ability. I'd be mad if he was just standing around every game and not doing anything. this is is skill set, look what was said about him when he came out of college... people on here are expecting this guy to be on the same level with these top players in this league when he was NEVER expected to be that good... i really don't see why people are going off about demar's play. demar is not an all star, if he make's the all star team i would say he's over achieving.. you can't put demar on the same level with brags and players like kwame brown. those players were expected to be star's. coming out of the Italian league and collage these guy showed they had what it takes to run a team, then they came into the NBA and just relax and couldn't cut it. demar on the other was never expected to lead a team or be a go to player so i don't understand why all of a sudden people expect him to be some kind of elite player when nothing from his college career indicated that he would be that kind of player.. some people on here are starting to sound like the elderly, b*tching and crying after every loss, its lowry's fault, it demar's fault, it andrea's fault, it's casey fault, NO THE TEAM IS CRAP, WE LACK TALENT< MORE THAN 95% OF THE TEAMS WE'VE BEATEN WERE SUB 500 TEAMS :lol: SO WHAT ARE YOU SHOCKED ABOUT ? I DON'T GET IT.
BirdmanPresents
Analyst
And1: 799

Post#32 » by BirdmanPresents » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Talk to the literaly tens of thousand of highschool or college players who don't make it pro despite having tremendous work ethics. Work ethic when it comes to proffesional sports doesn't count only how hard he works today, but how hard he's worked his entire life which is what pays off. Different oppourtunities and scenarios play a huge part in a players development when they are younger as well. This is when hard work transforms to talent at the younger ages. Once you've gone through college and a couple seasons in the NBA, you are who you are. Hard work can only make you marginally better (which over the course of a career can be a big thing, but like the Dr. mentioned not night and day changes).
ronleroy
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#33 » by ronleroy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:32 pm

SalamiNCheez wrote:Blood, sweat and tears doesn't always produce positive results. DeRozan just doesn't have it.

yeap, fools certain people on this board, but i never beleived in him. He's 8th pick, at best he is a 7 or 8th man off the bench.
Jeremy Lin > Spartacus
raptorfan416
Banned User

Post#34 » by raptorfan416 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm

MoneyMo wrote:Vince Carter came into this league with no 3pt shot and limited ball handling skills. He worked on it the first few off-seasons in this league and became a superstar. DeRozan has the same flaws he's always had so I don't see how you can say he has a better work ethic then Carter when he's shown virtually zero improvement.
you trying to tell me demar was as talented as vince carter coming out of college ? :lol: please go back to the NHL section with the delusional leaf fans... not only was vince a better player but he had a more NBA ready body.. did you ever see vince in person when he played for the raptors ? he was taller than demar, had longer arms and he hand an NBA ready body.

A MAN AND A CHILD DEFERENCE.

vince carter rookie year

demar derozen rookie year
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#35 » by Big Shot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:45 pm

MoneyMo wrote:Vince Carter came into this league with no 3pt shot and limited ball handling skills. He worked on it the first few off-seasons in this league and became a superstar. DeRozan has the same flaws he's always had so I don't see how you can say he has a better work ethic then Carter when he's shown virtually zero improvement.

There's a thing called talent. :roll:
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#36 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 pm

I have no doubt DD tries his hardest when he is out there. Only problem is he is not very talented. Just as I feared; he is more Desmond Mason than Vince Carter.
raptorfan416
Banned User

Post#37 » by raptorfan416 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:02 pm

like i've said if demar became more than a 6th man on a good team in this league i'd say he over achieved because that what was expected from him coming out of collage.. you people keep drinking BC's bullsh*t tea and taking in his fake hype then you start expecting way too much from players like demar. are you forgetting when the raptors drafted demar he was supposed to be the future 3rd or 4th option behind bosh, jose and andrea, that was suppose to be his role. so why is it all of a sudden you expect him to be an elite player when that was never expected from him because his skills set never indicated he would be that type of player. this team is so crap! that we're forced to use demar as our go to player when both him are amir are 6th man type of players... that's why this team is CRAP!!!!!! we're using 6th man caliber players and players that should be coming off the bench on good teams as our starters (VAL).. amir is capable of starting on most night's but you see what happens when you put him up again true centers like cousins. demar is playing to best of his ability but he's just NOT THAT TALENTED. you can't expect someone to play as a top go to player when he was never expect to be that type of player, you can see he's trying his best but he's just not type of player. real basketball fan that know about the game and knew about demar coming out of college knew he was never that type of player. WHO SHOULD YOU BLAME FOR SELLING YOU THE IDEA THAT HE'S THAT TYPE OF PLAYER ? BC
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#38 » by StopitLeo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Big Shot wrote:

There's a thing called talent. :roll:

Seriously. Vince came into the league, won rookie of the year, and went on to become a dominant superstar level player by the 2nd year.

Great players show themselves before their rookie deals are over. DeMar is not that level of player, although he may turn out to be a good/v.good player in the end.
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#39 » by Beardman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 pm

raptorfan416 wrote:
Tanger wrote:I don't doubt he works hard. The problem is that players don't get significantly better after their rookie contract (so 3 years or so). Paying him $10M thinking he will become a $10M player is ridiculous. He is going to be $4-5M overpaid.

so you blame demar for being overpaid ? :lol: that's the problem with sport fans, they're quick to blame a player for not playing up to the contract that was thrown at them. what do you expect him to say no thanks BC keep the money ? demar is what he is, he's playing to the best of his god given ability. I'd be mad if he was just standing around every game and not doing anything. this is is skill set, look what was said about him when he came out of college... people on here are expecting this guy to be on the same level with these top players in this league when he was NEVER expected to be that good... i really don't see why people are going off about demar's play. demar is not an all star, if he make's the all star team i would say he's over achieving.. you can't put demar on the same level with brags and players like kwame brown. those players were expected to be star's. coming out of the Italian league and collage these guy showed they had what it takes to run a team, then they came into the NBA and just relax and couldn't cut it. demar on the other was never expected to lead a team or be a go to player so i don't understand why all of a sudden people expect him to be some kind of elite player when nothing from his college career indicated that he would be that kind of player.. some people on here are starting to sound like the elderly, b*tching and crying after every loss, its lowry's fault, it demar's fault, it andrea's fault, it's casey fault, NO THE TEAM IS CRAP, WE LACK TALENT< MORE THAN 95% OF THE TEAMS WE'VE BEATEN WERE SUB 500 TEAMS :lol: SO WHAT ARE YOU SHOCKED ABOUT ? I DON'T GET IT.

You're basketball knowledge is being exposed as mere, if you think Kwame came out of college and "relaxed" in the league. He came out of HS and laid an egg, in fact the pick was questioned from day 1.

You're touching on a lot of things but not really making a point. If you pick from 1-10 in the draft then you're picking a player in the lottery. You talk as if we should have written off DeRozan from day 1 because he was drafted 9th ? LOL WTF ? you do know there have been players drafted past the lottery who were still projected to be stars right ?

It's wrong that we expected him to improve moderately 4 years 8000 minutes in ?
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#40 » by grumpwalter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 pm

ronleroy wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:Blood, sweat and tears doesn't always produce positive results. DeRozan just doesn't have it.

yeap, fools certain people on this board, but i never beleived in him. He's 8th pick, at best he is a bum who does not belong in the league.

fixed

Return to Toronto Raptors