ImageImageImageImage

Redick receiving interest from teams

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Re: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#121 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Damn, in the last 5 games, JJ hitting .500 from the floor and .486 from the three. Dude is just tearing it up. Imagine if he was a starter and given the green light. But, I do like the 1-2 punch of JJ and Afflalo. I wouldn't mind keeping both, but Moore is deserving of some good backup minutes strictly at SG too.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#122 » by CraZyPraiZ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Love JJ but would like to see him get a chance to play on a contender. He deserves it.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,136

Post#123 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Bensational wrote:Redick seems much more influential over our W's and L's than Afflalo.

in W's, Redick averages 18ppg on 52%fg and 48%3fg, along with 2.6rpg and 5.2apg in 31.6mpg
in W's, Afflalo averages 18ppg on 48%fg and 47%3fg, along with 4.7rpg and 2.8apg in 37.4mpg

in L's, Redick averages 12.5ppg on 40% and 32%, 2.1rpg, 3.8apg in 30mpg
in L's, Afflalo averages 17ppg on 43% and 28%, 3.2rpg, 3apg in 37.4mpg

in some ways, i'll be annoyed if we trade JJ only to retain Afflalo. i like AA, but i feel like JJ has really been dogged his dues. AA isn't any kind of significant upgrade, and he's not having a significant breakout that i'd imagine the Magic would have liked. give JJ 36mpg and the freedom to put up as many shots as he wants, and i'm sure you'd see just as much of a breakout, if not a bigger one.

I gotta agree with this post.

I guess it's been a given on this board for a while that Rob is going to go with Afflalo instead of JJ (although there is no concrete evidence). But I prefer JJ.

JJ is a far superior play maker, slightly worse scorer (he does shoot it less though), and a similar defender to Afflalo. JJ can play with the ball or off the ball. Afflalo is limited to simply just spotting up without the ball. Afflalo is a pretty good ISO scorer and his ability to get to the rim is valuable, but is it more valuable than JJ's playmakig ability? JJ averages 4.7 apg on a 23.4% AST%. Compare that to the three other shooting guards that average over 4 assists per game. James Harden 5.4 apg 23.9 AST%, Kobe Bryant 4.7 APG 24 AST%, and OJ Mayo 4.1 APG 19.4 AST%.

To me JJ is a better all-around offensive player than Afflalo. However if JJ tells Rob he'd like to go somewhere else, then this whole dilemma is solved.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#124 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm

David Baumann ‏@DavidBaumann33
As Feb. 21 #NBA trade deadline looms, sources tell me the Boston Celtics covet Orlando Magic SG J.J. Redick.

I really don't see anything from Boston that would entice us to a trade. Unless, they take on some contracts.
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#125 » by claudio-br » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:36 pm

I've heard that a lot of Nuggets fans dislike Gallinari. Maybe he could be involved in a Redick trade.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#126 » by MagicTownBaller » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
As Feb. 21 #NBA trade deadline looms, sources tell me the Boston Celtics covet Orlando Magic SG J.J. Redick.

I really don't see anything from Boston that would entice us to a trade. Unless, they take on some contracts.

Let's get Avery Bradley and make them take on Harrington! Do it Henny!
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#127 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:

I bet if Boston contacted Orlando, they offered Barbosa and Lee. That is just how they work over there.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#128 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:13 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:

I bet if Boston contacted Orlando, they offered Barbosa and Lee. That is just how they work over there.

Exactly. Seriously, they have nothing that fits with our plan.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,136

Post#129 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:18 pm

I wonder if Boston is willing to give up Bradley
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#130 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:22 pm

I have a feeling that Avery Bradley's ceiling is lower than Afflalo and he will be a career backup who wouldn't not be a starter on a Championship team. I like him for his defense though.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#131 » by Bensational » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Zmill wrote:
Bensational wrote:Redick seems much more influential over our W's and L's than Afflalo.

in W's, Redick averages 18ppg on 52%fg and 48%3fg, along with 2.6rpg and 5.2apg in 31.6mpg
in W's, Afflalo averages 18ppg on 48%fg and 47%3fg, along with 4.7rpg and 2.8apg in 37.4mpg

in some ways, i'll be annoyed if we trade JJ only to retain Afflalo. i like AA, but i feel like JJ has really been dogged his dues. AA isn't any kind of significant upgrade, and he's not having a significant breakout that i'd imagine the Magic would have liked. give JJ 36mpg and the freedom to put up as many shots as he wants, and i'm sure you'd see just as much of a breakout, if not a bigger one.

I gotta agree with this post.

I guess it's been a given on this board for a while that Rob is going to go with Afflalo instead of JJ (although there is no concrete evidence). But I prefer JJ.

JJ is a far superior play maker, slightly worse scorer (he does shoot it less though), and a similar defender to Afflalo. JJ can play with the ball or off the ball. Afflalo is limited to simply just spotting up without the ball. Afflalo is a pretty good ISO scorer and his ability to get to the rim is valuable, but is it more valuable than JJ's playmakig ability? JJ averages 4.7 apg on a 23.4% AST%. Compare that to the three other shooting guards that average over 4 assists per game. James Harden 5.4 apg 23.9 AST%, Kobe Bryant 4.7 APG 24 AST%, and OJ Mayo 4.1 APG 19.4 AST%.

To me JJ is a better all-around offensive player than Afflalo. However if JJ tells Rob he'd like to go somewhere else, then this whole dilemma is solved.

in a way, i feel like JJ's just been continuously slapped in the face here. it's like no matter how hard he works on his game, the team always brings in a player that they value over him as a starter, and for larger minutes. who knows, maybe JJ knows his role and has happily accepted that? but JRich certainly wasn't a better option last year. and AA is better in some areas, but it's questionable whether or not he's better overall.

emotions aside, though, i can't help but feel like JJ is the exact kind of Nick Collison style piece that's worth keeping around for a few years. and at least we would know that if we drafted a SG to eventually supplant him, JJ is still solid when coming off the bench. we could easily offer him a reverse poison pill deal. $10M per year for the next 2 years, with a further 3 years at $5M per year, maybe $4M? that's the equivalent of 5 years $7M, which will be more than he'll get elsewhere. most of all, it doesn't hurt our cap space for FA 2014.

because, as i've said before, there isn't a player who's solidified themselves as a cornerstone player yet, and because of that, no player is guaranteed to be here. so why commit to AA, only to possibly need to turn around and deal him within a year or two when a real upgrade comes along?
MagicTime1
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#132 » by MagicTime1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 am

the greatest possibility in my opinion is trading JJ Redick and a filler for Derrick Williams and Alexis Shved. There would definitely be no way Minnesota does it though :/
MagicTime1
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#133 » by MagicTime1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:35 am

If Henny was able to pull this deal off, how would you guys feel?

Denver trades: Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer, Anthony Randolph, and Timothy Mozgrov
Denver Receives: JJ Redick, Hedo Turkoglu, Kyle O Quinn, and a 2015 first round draft pick

Orlando trades: JJ Redick, Hedo Turkoglu, Kyle O Quinn, Future first round pick
Orlando Receives: Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer, Anthony Randolph, and Timothy Mozgrov

Orlando Lineup:
PG: Jameer Nelson, Ish Smith, Etuan Moore
SG: Aaron Affalo, Etuan Moore, DQ
SF: Corey Brewer, Mo Harkless
PF: Big Baby, Andrew Nicholson, Josh McRoberts
C: Nik Vucevic, Mozgrov, Anthony Randolph

Why Orando Does it: They get expiring contracts in Brewer, and Mozgrov. That gives them at least 7 million in free cap space, and Wilson Chandler has the potential to become something special. I also believe that Randolph with the right coaching, and playing time could also have a huge upside and bring some athleticism to this team.

Denver Lineup:
PG: Ty Lawson, Andre Miller
SG: Iggy, JJ Redick, Fornier
SF: Gallinari, Jordan Hamilton
PF: Faried, Free Agent?, O'Quinn
C: Javale McGee, Kousta Kofus

Why Denver Does It: They can release Hedo Turkoglu out of his contract and only pay him whatever he is guranteed, and they get a sharp shooter in JJ Redick who will help them with their inconsistant scoring problems. Also adding another heart and hustle player with Kyle.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#134 » by MagicFan32 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:12 am

I won't be.

Afflalo can get his own shot, while he is frustrating at times, if we had a real franchise player, he would look a hell of alot better to us, i think his last 15 he is averaging 20 ppg, he also has a good contract and only 27, JJ quite possibly is going to get paid more than Afflalo. Afflalo frustrates us because he's being asked to do to much, JJ has similar issues but people overlook them alot more
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#135 » by drsd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:27 am

WIth Lou WIlliams out, look for the Hawks to "over-pay" for a quality SG. Would Orlando send Redick to an in conference team? If the playoffs are written off, then yes.

Would John Jenkins and a 1st get it done?

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#136 » by Bensational » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 am

MagicFan32 wrote:

I won't be.

Afflalo can get his own shot, while he is frustrating at times, if we had a real franchise player, he would look a hell of alot better to us, i think his last 15 he is averaging 20 ppg, he also has a good contract and only 27, JJ quite possibly is going to get paid more than Afflalo. Afflalo frustrates us because he's being asked to do to much, JJ has similar issues but people overlook them alot more

AA is putting up 20ppg because he's getting the shots and the minutes. He isn't producing any more than JJ is capable of doing.

If we had a franchise player and a legit #2, then AA's ability to find his own shot isn't as valuable as JJ's ability to find an open man. Besides, JJ can create his own shots at times too.

AA's a year younger than JJ, and who knows what JJ's pay will be?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#137 » by drsd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Surprise there is not more on the rumors of Jonathan Clay to Boston. What I do not see in that is what the Celtics would offer. Fab Melo and a 1st? And why would Boston want that? If a big is "thrown in", that is Harrington. And then, how could the prices ever match?

Any Boston offer for Redick seems certain to involve a third team.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,074

Post#138 » by tiderulz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 pm

drsd wrote:Surprise there is not more on the rumors of Jonathan Clay to Boston. What I do not see in that is what the Celtics would offer. Fab Melo and a 1st? And why would Boston want that? If a big is "thrown in", that is Harrington. And then, how could the prices ever match?

with Bradley, Lee and Terry, why would they want to get another SG?
gp123
Bench Warmer
And1: 75

Post#139 » by gp123 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Lets cut AA a little slack here guys...

Because he starts he's seeing more minutes against the other teams starting shooting guard. THEN he has to go play out of position at the 3. I love what JJ brings and he's no slouch on D either, but I will take AA defense over JJ's any day.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#140 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 pm

tiderulz wrote:
drsd wrote:Surprise there is not more on the rumors of Jonathan Clay to Boston. What I do not see in that is what the Celtics would offer. Fab Melo and a 1st? And why would Boston want that? If a big is "thrown in", that is Harrington. And then, how could the prices ever match?

with Bradley, Lee and Terry, why would they want to get another SG?

Bradley is small, Terry is old and inconsistent, and Lee is adequate but no Redick--especially from deep or with the game on the line?
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd

Return to Orlando Magic