ImageImageImage

Our bench makes no sense

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

King_John
Starter
And1: 283

Re: Our bench makes no sense 

Post#41 » by King_John » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:03 pm

StrengthNHonor wrote:
GreenHat wrote:
StrengthNHonor wrote:[quote="GreenHat"]I just want to say that I LOVE this recent trend of pulling up contradictory statements from posters.

People make these ridiculously bold claims on here and never get held accountable for them. People use revisionist history and hindsight to make themselves seem clairvoyant.

Of course I know I am opening up the door for this post to be quoted if this ever happens to me.

Nah buddy. I'm legit. That guy just quoted me out of context. and why is ANYONE spending time trying to twist words to make another Heat fan look bad?

This is childish as hell.

You might have wanted Camby more but you just said this:

I said it then and I say it now, adding Ray Allen when we already had Mike Miller, Shane Battier, James Jones..... so stupid.

Your quotes clearly don't show that you thought it was "......so stupid" at the time. You can say you were excited we got anyone but you clearly didn't think it was so stupid at the time of your previous comments that he quoted.

So your "I said it then" part is off and he was right to call you out on it. I'm completely in favor of accountability because people have such extreme opinions and then flip flop based on the results. As an example I've been saying since year 1 that Miller's contract was horrible and he would never be worth it. Countless posters would taunt me the handful of games that Miller had big games. I stuck with the opinion and now everyone agrees the contract is an albatross but there is no accountability so those same posters will make extreme claims the next time too. Accountability can only improve discourse.

He didn't twist your words. You might have preferred Camby but you didn't think signing Allen was so stupid then. You were celebrating.

I clearly already explained why I celebrated. It doesn't mean that I don't think going for Allen over Camby was stupid. We could have signed any number of perimeter players.

You can have one without the other. It is really not hard to understand, this is not black and white.

I was vehemently against the Iraq war. I thought it was stupid from the get go. But I sure cheered when Bush declared Mission Accomplished and that all major combat ops were done. Why? BECAUSE I AM AN AMERICAN. I am also a Heat fan. There is no other option but victory (due to a war forced upon me), and there was no other option (at the time) than Ray Allen (due to Riley forcing him upon me). Still does not change the fact that I would have liked Riley to make Camby #1 priority instead. Being happy my country won the war and cheering does not magically make me "for" the war. Being happy that Riley did not strike out after gambling -everything- on Ray Allen, and got him to take half of what BOS was offering, does not magically make me "for" Ray Allen. I was for Camby.

This is not hard to understand. Now drop it, you and your buddies that laughed were wrong. I would have had to have wanted Ray Allen from the start, then only now saying I wanted Camby instead, THAT would make you correct.

But that is not what happened. So, please, man up and drop it. You were wrong.[/quote]

please stop posting. you re only making things worse. Btw you didn t WIN the war becuse their was no war in the first place...all about oil buddy
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#42 » by GreenHat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 pm

StrengthNHonor wrote:
GreenHat wrote:
StrengthNHonor wrote:Nah buddy. I'm legit. That guy just quoted me out of context. and why is ANYONE spending time trying to twist words to make another Heat fan look bad?

This is childish as hell.

You might have wanted Camby more but you just said this:

I said it then and I say it now, adding Ray Allen when we already had Mike Miller, Shane Battier, James Jones..... so stupid.

Your quotes clearly don't show that you thought it was "......so stupid" at the time. You can say you were excited we got anyone but you clearly didn't think it was so stupid at the time of your previous comments that he quoted.

So your "I said it then" part is off and he was right to call you out on it. I'm completely in favor of accountability because people have such extreme opinions and then flip flop based on the results. As an example I've been saying since year 1 that Miller's contract was horrible and he would never be worth it. Countless posters would taunt me the handful of games that Miller had big games. I stuck with the opinion and now everyone agrees the contract is an albatross but there is no accountability so those same posters will make extreme claims the next time too. Accountability can only improve discourse.

He didn't twist your words. You might have preferred Camby but you didn't think signing Allen was so stupid then. You were celebrating.

I clearly already explained why I celebrated. It doesn't mean that I don't think going for Allen over Camby was stupid. We could have signed any number of perimeter players.

You can have one without the other. It is really not hard to understand, this is not black and white.

I was vehemently against the Iraq war. I thought it was stupid from the get go. But I sure cheered when Bush declared Mission Accomplished and that all major combat ops were done. Why? BECAUSE I AM AN AMERICAN. I am also a Heat fan. There is no other option but victory (due to a war forced upon me), and there was no other option (at the time) than Ray Allen (due to Riley forcing him upon me). Still does not change the fact that I would have liked Riley to make Camby #1 priority instead. Being happy my country won the war and cheering does not magically make me "for" the war. Being happy that Riley did not strike out after gambling -everything- on Ray Allen, and got him to take half of what BOS was offering, does not magically make me "for" Ray Allen. I was for Camby.

This is not hard to understand. Now drop it, you and your buddies that laughed were wrong. I would have had to have wanted Ray Allen from the start, then only now saying I wanted Camby instead, THAT would make you correct.

But that is not what happened. So, please, man up and drop it. You were wrong.

You wrap yourself with the American flag for an argument about you celebrating a basketball move that you thought was stupid?

Again no one is saying that you wanted Allen instead of Camby. Your post says that it was stupid then to sign Allen when your posts at the time of signing Allen were you hooting and hollering.

You thought you could use hindsight to make it seem like you thought the signing of Allen was stupid and you got caught celebrating the "stupid" decision.

Whether you preferred Camby is irrelevant. When we signed Allen you were celebrating that "stupid" decision and now you tried to distance yourself from it. It doesn't make you for Allen or for Allen over Camby but its hard to take your comment of thinking it was stupid at the time seriously when you were celebrating more than most.

Your war analogy is ridiculous. Most anti-war people didn't celebrate "Mission Accomplished". An even greater percentage of people who thought the war was a stupid decision refrained from celebrating and took that occasion to reaffirm their belief that it was a stupid decision. That's what rational people do.

Take your own advice. You were wrong. Please, man up.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#43 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Instead of talking about basketball we argue now? Let it go guys.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#44 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:39 am

We all want the same thing, a third banner. It's all love. PEACE.
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#45 » by narmerguy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:32 am

Nope I like that someone is called out for this. Part of the source for all our arguing is people trying to one-up each other and prove how right we are when others are so wrong, etc etc. That crap needs to stop, and part of that means that people need to actually be accountable to their actions rather then being allowed to spew whatever they like to make themselves constantly right. I wish people on this site had the maturity to just say they were wrong about something and move on instead of fight to the death to never be wrong.
King_John
Starter
And1: 283

Post#46 » by King_John » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:25 pm

narmerguy wrote:Nope I like that someone is called out for this. Part of the source for all our arguing is people trying to one-up each other and prove how right we are when others are so wrong, etc etc. That crap needs to stop, and part of that means that people need to actually be accountable to their actions rather then being allowed to spew whatever they like to make themselves constantly right. I wish people on this site had the maturity to just say they were wrong about something and move on instead of fight to the death to never be wrong.

Agree. He should just have admited he flip flopped and everything would be fine. Instead he tries to justify his bipolar disorder.

Return to Miami Heat