Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Baseline Runner
Analyst
And1: 1,067

Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing 

Post#81 » by Baseline Runner » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 am

Its funny people now think Lebron was so skilled in high school when the majority of posters on this forum thought Lebron would be a bust after his rookie season (common complaints were he had no defense, no jump shot, was just an athlete, etc.). It was me and other Cavs fans defending him (anyone remember the long lost LBJ4MVP with 10k posts) but I guess hindsight is 20/20.

As for Wiggins he does look like a young T-Mac in the making.
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#82 » by Greek » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:29 pm

If he inherits the half scoring ability of his father will be one of the best players in the league after 4-5 seasons...
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#83 » by roc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 pm

1UPZ wrote:
r0cd0gg wrote:
Doddage wrote:Wow. I'm not a fan of his last name, but damn, he looks legit.

wiggins - an uneasy feeling; a sense of foreboding badness. Originally coined by Joss Whedon, on his cult TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"Detroit gives me the wiggins"

Would love me some Wiggins in Detroit to pair up with Dre

A Dre/Moose/Drew front court would give the rest of the NBA the wiggins. :P

I'm not sure Why Piston fans think they will suck enough to get Wiggins in 2014...
You guys will improve dramatically as Drummond, Monroe become better and attract FA... And improve chemistry... 40 win team in 2013-2014...

never said I thought we would get him but would not complain if we did. I mainly wanted to use the word 'wiggins'. ;)
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#84 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:33 pm

He is ours everyone else get away from him...
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
NG15
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#85 » by NG15 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 pm

It'll be interesting to see where he commits to. FSU? UK?
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#86 » by Dr Octagon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Left Side Drive wrote:He is ours everyone else get away from him...
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,093

Post#87 » by The Warrior » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Destined to be a Raptor.

Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#88 » by Kabookalu » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:32 pm

His level of fluidity, body control, quickness, bounce, vertical, and explosion is already better than most NBA players. He has potential to be a superstar player both on offense and defense.
Read on Twitter
Chalk1
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#89 » by Chalk1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 am

Does anyone know if he'll be in the Hoops Summit again this year?

Also, is he eligible for the McD's game?
DCsOwn
Junior
And1: 126

Post#90 » by DCsOwn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:22 am

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
dandrews wrote:Have any of you actually seen Wiggins or Parker play, or do you guys do all your prognostications off of 2 minute YouTube highlights?

I've seen him play at Peach Jam. Kid is the best prospect I have seen since Lebron.

He's not anywhere near as skilled as Durant was in high school, and he's probably not as physically gifted. He's more explosive vertically and stronger, but Durant's height and length, and just as importantly his fluidity, quickness and coordination given his height and length was alien like, even at Montrose.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#91 » by dolphinatik » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:45 am

He is not Lebron, Not Tmack (although this most closely resembles his game) and yes Jabari might be better than him as far as polish and overall skill. But nobody nobody has more potential than Wiggins. Whats most intriguing about him is that he is not playing to feed his family or to get recognized or any of that he just has a natural genetic love for competition. He is hungry and likely will stay hungry. He loves to play the game. He might never develop into a superstar or he might. Doesnt matter because his competitive drive will make him sought after and he will crack a rotation.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Baester
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#92 » by Baester » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:25 am

cb4_89 wrote:Hopefully the raptors are one of them. And hopefully we finally get that Lebron to Cleveland or Rose to Chicago lotto wins.

Raptors could go 0-82 and trade first round picks from the teams with the next 5 worst record and they still wouldnt get the first pick. No way is Stern stashing the next big thing in Canada.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#93 » by Inevitable » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:31 am

Baester wrote:
cb4_89 wrote:Hopefully the raptors are one of them. And hopefully we finally get that Lebron to Cleveland or Rose to Chicago lotto wins.

Raptors could go 0-82 and trade first round picks from the teams with the next 5 worst record and they still wouldnt get the first pick. No way is Stern stashing the next big thing in Canada.

Did you forget he's Canadian and from Toronto? That would be a huge marketable move for the NBA by Stern compared to having him go to a city like Charlotte or Phoenix.

Just look at what VC did for basketball for Canada.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#94 » by NikolaPekovic » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:35 am

As a twolves fan i hope toronto gets him. Their fans deserve a savior.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,074

Post#95 » by High 5 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 am

"Speechless. Discuss." Way to get us started.

Also, that video was like 90% jumping, 9% spinning, and 1% shooting.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#96 » by branny » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:01 am

Baester wrote:

Why not? He's Canadian and could be a national hero.
kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#97 » by kakaman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 am

He looks like Blake Griffin with a jump shot. Although, his stroke seems really slow and all his jumpshots were uncontested. I think he'll basically be more of a post player rather than a Lebron type player.
Baester
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#98 » by Baester » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:26 am

Inevitable wrote:
Baester wrote:

Did you forget he's Canadian and from Toronto? That would be a huge marketable move for the NBA by Stern compared to having him go to a city like Charlotte or Phoenix.

Because 30 million is smaller than 300 million.
strudel forever
Senior
And1: 294

Post#99 » by strudel forever » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:40 am

Baester wrote:
Inevitable wrote:

Because 30 million is smaller than 300 million.

Fool proof logic there.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#100 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:09 am

Even as a Canadian I don't like that he is consistently mentioned as a "Lebron" type of prospect.

Because really NO ONE is....not even in the past (yes even Jordan) as a prospect. Lebron was the most complete prospect the league has ever seen from overall skill to physical gifts. There simply isn't another prospect that has rivaled James as a prospect. To clarify in history Jordan is still the GOAT and will remain that but the natural talents and God given genetics I have never seen on a player like Lebron and I am old enough where I did watch Jordan and was a huge Bulls' fan (bandwagoning of course lol) until we finally got a franchise here in Toronto.

To me Wiggins' potential is what McGrady could have been

McGrady in his prime rivaled Kobe Bryant for best player in the league and had he had a different attitude and approach he may have been better than Kobe (but of course didn't). I don't even think a full potential McGrady is at the level of a Lebron but that is a helluva player...again a prime TMac with a better approach imo could have been at Kobe's level or just slightly better and that to me is where Wiggins potential lies. Not quite Lebron but still amongst one of the most elite. But I don't like to oversell highschool players that's a big if but the potential I believe is there.

Return to The General Board