Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#101 » by karch34 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
C.lupus wrote:Chris Johnson = MVP

Seriously, the two new guys have already done more than Amundson and Lazar did together.

Lazar seems like he was just a placeholder, but I can't help but wonder how Amundson won a spot in camp

I think Amundson and Steemer both got spots based on previous work. Basically they were bench pieces with limited roles on playoff teams, but looked more competent with being asked to do very little.
criteriado
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#102 » by criteriado » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:22 am

Ricky looked good tonight. Nice to see.

CJ was amazing and Gelabale can play. It was fun seeing them play.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#103 » by Jukeness » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 am

Soooooooooo, I should have watched more than just the 2nd quarter?

Seriously, even though Shved and Pek are out, not at all that Chris Johnson is better than Pek or Galalable is better than Shved but they balance out the roster more, gives us an athetic person down low which we desperately need and an athletic wing which we also have to have, they may not have more skill but they fulfill a need.
I'm actually looking forward to our next game, always excited to see new players no matter what especially when keep watching boring ass players like we have, it switches it up.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#104 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:38 am

Jukeness wrote:I'm actually looking forward to our next game, always excited to see new players no matter what especially when keep watching boring ass players like we have, it switches it up.

Reminder: Next game is Monday, a 1 PM start time (for foreigners, that's 6 hours EARLIER than usual start time)

Once again, no local TV
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:41 am

Oh, and here are the games we have Gelabale/Johnson

1/21 at Atlanta
1/23 vs Brooklyn
1/25 at Washington
1/26 at Charlotte

If either sign a second 10-day deal

1/30 vs Clippers
2/1 vs Lakers
2/2 vs Hornicans
2/4 vs Blazers
2/6 vs Spurs
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#106 » by Biff Cooper » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 am

lobishome wrote:the neverending play

Thats pretty good - can't even tell where the loop starts
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:47 am

Biff Cooper wrote:Thats pretty good - can't even tell where the loop starts

It took me awhile too. Watch AK

le crapaud
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#108 » by le crapaud » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 am

So what did you guys think about Gelabale? I don't want to overhyped him but I was so glad to see him on the floor for you team. That reminded me when I followed his career at Seattle (with Ridnour btw). I think the fact that Barea wasn't on the floor in the 4th quarter helped the wolves and gelabale too. Not that Barea is a bad player but he reaaally like to shoot the ball. Personnally I think he played great in that 12 mins stretch, with a good defense on Harden and some great plays on offense.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#109 » by funkatron101 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:56 am

Can we just waive Amundson and sign Johnson?
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#110 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:05 am

funkatron101 wrote:Can we just waive Amundson and sign Johnson?

This,
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#111 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 am

le crapaud wrote:So what did you guys think about Gelabale? I don't want to overhyped him but I was so glad to see him on the floor for you team. That reminded me when I followed his career at Seattle (with Ridnour btw). I think the fact that Barea wasn't on the floor in the 4th quarter helped the wolves and gelabale too. Not that Barea is a bad player but he reaaally like to shoot the ball. Personnally I think he played great in that 12 mins stretch, with a good defense on Harden and some great plays on offense.

he hustled, played defense, hit a corner three, even finished a pick and roll w/ rubio. he was great.

Best thing i saw from gelabale and johnson as well was that they never really seemed behind the action. They weren't struggling to find their positioning on offense or defense, they were moving around pretty seamlessly with the rest of the team.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:39 am

Highlight from Rockets thread

90sAllDecade wrote:on the bright side, at least barea took a knee to the groin.

:lol:

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:43 am

Wolves owner Glen Taylor waited for coach Terry Porter, who is filling in for Rick Adelman while he tends to his hospitalized wife, to finish his postgame press conference and approached him with an outstretched hand.

''I wanted to come in here and see how you did this,'' Taylor said.

''Smoke and mirrors,'' Porter replied. ''Smoke and mirrors.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/guys-lift- ... --nba.html

FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#114 » by FinnTheHuman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 am

Can you guys explain what happens with Gelabale and Johnson after their 10 day contracts expire? Is it only up to us to decide to sign them, is it a problem for us to sign them, how much money will we have to give them, and do players sometimes refuse to extend the deal after a 10 day one? Can some other team decide to "steal" them'?
teamwillow
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#115 » by teamwillow » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 am

CHRIS JOHNSONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCITEMENT HAS RETURNED BABY!
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#116 » by Murphs56 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:31 am

Well, we stink and as of now, the rockets stink more. We aren't a playoff team at all, but it was good to get a win. Thought it wasn't going to happen the rest of the year
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#117 » by Dual » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 am

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooo!!!
Its pretty clear what we have to do:
Waive Amundson, he is worthless, cant defend, cant attack, cant rebound...
Sign "MVP" Johnson for the rest of the season.
Also i would love to sign Gelabale for the rest of the season.
Ricky is looking better and better everygame, he was fast last night, i love it.
We won, with 2 "10 day contract" players at the end of the game because they earned it, i loved that.
Lets go Wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#118 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 pm

CHRIS F'ING JOHNSON!!!!!!

:lol: i literally didn't know we had signed him when he checked in, knew who he was but i was like who the f is that? loved the mvp chants!

great win. johnson was obviously huge, man he is a good compliment to pek and rubes as a long athlete and runner. i was gobsmacked at his speed in running the court for that alley oop.

rubes is really starting to look like the player of last year, was really trying to push the tempo...controled the game great and love his leadership in huddling guys up...his defense is really starting to get there as well. i love this guy.

the houston commentators pissed me off how they kept calling jelly a d leaguer. jelly played very well, really clicked with rubes...if he can be that defender, corner 3 guy off the weak side of the pick n roll he could really be big as he was in this one.

just very proud of the effort, hustle and heart in the face of adversity..rubes truly does back up his words with actions
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Re: AW: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#119 » by cojayar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Gelebale is under contract in Valencia. He has NBA clause and therefore is allowed to be there. As soon as you pay him more than in Valencia he will sign. Some people say he desperately wants a contract until the end of the year in order to be 3 years in the NBA and get the NBA retirement money. So, he will sign for less than a million.

BTW, if he does not get another contract will be back to ACB league in Spain in time for the King's cup (a one game shoot out of the current best 8 teams in the league). Gelebale was not even a star in his team. So it is worth to see the matches to "discover" new players for the NBA.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,961

Re: AW: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#120 » by shrink » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm

cojayar wrote:Gelebale is under contract in Valencia. He has NBA clause and therefore is allowed to be there. As soon as you pay him more than in Valencia he will sign. Some people say he desperately wants a contract until the end of the year in order to be 3 years in the NBA and get the NBA retirement money. So, he will sign for less than a million.

That's really interesting! Thanks for posting that.

I went to a movie last night, and didn't watch the game -- and was shocked to see later that we won. I'm curious if our guards made other players better, or Johnson, Gelabale would have been fine on their own? And how did MIN survive getting zero from their centers, and Cunningham out sick?

We had only five legitimate NBA players in the game -and only one legitimate NBA starter (Kirilenko) until Rubio is healthier!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves