ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards @ Clippers - 1/19/13 - 10:30 PM EST

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

dcPress
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Wizards @ Clippers - 1/19/13 - 10:30 PM EST 

Post#321 » by dcPress » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:35 am

First time I've seen Griffin play; what a big baby.

Great effort by the wiz. a little more killer instinct and a little less reffing and they'll win these kind of games.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#322 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:35 am

hands11 wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:I don't mind so much CP3 pushed off at the end, but I'm actually to the point where I'm wishing someone flagrant fouls Blake to the point he'll think twice about his antics. Or he pulls a Lou Williams and tears his acl on one of his grand acting jobs. That is a **** way to lose. I mad. I salty.

I never wish ill on people but I wouldn't mind him getting injured.

The league needs to fine him for the acting job he did on Nene. Nene's elbow didn't even touch him. That is exactly the kind of play they set up the fine for. Now do it.

I've calmed down on it, I don't want them to get injured, just to acquire Herpes.
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#323 » by sfam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:38 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
WizKid25 wrote:22 Clippers offensive rebounds. -15 rebounding differential. 18 Wizards turnovers. 15-27 free throw shooting by the Wizards, including some pivotal misses from the stripe down the stretch.

Please stop blaming the refs for this one.

I will keep blaming the refs for not calling the game evenly.

Nene got jobbed on most of his fouls. Seriously, Blake Griffin needs to send some cookies or something to the refs. He got so many gifts tonight playing both Nene and Booker that it really did take away from the enjoyment of the game. I get the all star thing and all, but COME ON.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#324 » by mhd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 am

DCsportsallday
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#325 » by DCsportsallday » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 am

my favorite part of the game was watching Griffin back into Booker, and Booker not moving at all. It was freaking awesome.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#326 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 am

BG was 5-18. He was bailed out all night.

Only other player that put up point for them was CP3 who was 6-16 with 9 FTA.

Blake was 5-18 with 10 FTA.

I bet Blake give Joey good knob.

And even with all the bad calls, Wizard still could have won if they hit more FTA and rebounded better.

LAC looked like a machine in the first, but the Wizards exposed them for the chumps they are. Even with all the opportunities the Wizard missed on, LAC wouldn't have won with help from the refs.
sfam
Assistant Coach

Post#327 » by sfam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:44 am

DCsportsallday wrote:my favorite part of the game was watching Griffin back into Booker, and Booker not moving at all. It was freaking awesome.

Except for the part that they called a foul on Booker for not moving back, you mean.
sfam
Assistant Coach

Post#328 » by sfam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:46 am

hands11 wrote:BG was 5-18. He was bailed out all night.

And even with all the bad calls, Wizard still could have won if they hit more FTA and rebounded better.

LAC looked like a machine in the first, but the Wizards exposed them for the chumps they are. Even with all the opportunities the Wizard missed on, LAC wouldn't have won with help from the refs.

Well lets not go too far. Clearly the Clippers were having an off shooting night. I can't remember Griffin missing that many from inside before. And their defense was pretty damn solid. In fact I'm really impressed the Wizards did as well as they did considering the defense they faced.
hands11
Banned User

Post#329 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:48 am

sfam wrote:
DCsportsallday wrote:my favorite part of the game was watching Griffin back into Booker, and Booker not moving at all. It was freaking awesome.

Except for the part that they called a foul on Booker for not moving back, you mean.

Right.. That is the play that makes we want to scream. How is that a foul. You are standing your space and someone doesn't try to go around you but they go right into you. Not once but twice. And you get called for the foul. How ? What is the NBA logic that that call ? I want to hear Joey explain that one.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#330 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:52 am

One of the biggest calls of the night was the carry called against Wall by Erick Lewis. (Thanks 80s for calling Lewis out.)

The Wizards were very much in the game and Lewis made a call after Del Negro screamed at him, well after the violation. No way that call gets made against Chris Paul.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User

Post#331 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 am

sfam wrote:

Well lets not go too far. Clearly the Clippers were having an off shooting night. I can't remember Griffin missing that many from inside before. And their defense was pretty damn solid. In fact I'm really impressed the Wizards did as well as they did considering the defense they faced.

Go what far. Its a fact.

You can focus on what the Wizard could have done more that was in their control but the fact is, they did enough to be right there at the end. If not for the refs calls to help the Clippers they would not have won that game. It not about what the Wizards didn't do. Its about what the refs did do.

What is this logic that a team should have to score an extra 10 pts to overcome the refs.

Last night the Wizards played well enough to overcome the refs. Tonight, they didn't. That is a BS way to have play the game. Call the damn game. Let the players determine who wins.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#332 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 am

sfam wrote:

They let them play for a good portion of the game, but I think once Joey realized it may cost the clips a game, he saved them the embarrassment. Ariza actually did a damn good job on Jamal. His offensive inconsistencies are still pretty annoying, but he deserves praise for his play every now and then
hands11
Banned User

Post#333 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:57 am

This league is like the mob running the horses.

It makes me sick.

I would love to see the refs interviewed post game and questioned on bad calls and have them explain why the call was made the way it was. That would be educational and entertaining.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#334 » by mhd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:59 am

CCJ, I DO know that Marc Cuban knows of realgm. He actually answered an email from me once and said so himself.
sfam
Assistant Coach

Post#335 » by sfam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:02 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:One of the biggest calls of the night was the carry called against Wall by Erick Lewis. (Thanks 80s for calling Lewis out.)

The Wizards were very much in the game and Lewis made a call after Del Negro screamed at him, well after the violation. No way that call gets made against Chris Paul.

I hate it in any sport when the refs make marginal calls at crunch time. Really, they just shouldn't be the ones determining the game. Yeah, Wall did palm it, but it wasn't a gross palming or anything. Common refs, let the teams place ball in the last two minutes.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#336 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 am

mhd wrote:CCJ, I DO know that Marc Cuban knows of realgm. He actually answered an email from me once and said so himself.

He got fined for his letter about the officiating. If he cannot help this situation, I think nothing short of someone getting indicted will.

I just stick to watching basketball for the love of it but stuff like the refs and the recent news on Billy Hunter and the man Hunter found dead would REALLY make you wonder. For my perspective, let fans enjoy games. The terrible stuff that might be going on is something that is on the side and takes away from the greatest game known to man: basketball. I just want to watch a game.

I know there are nights officials make human mistakes. But in my opinion there are obvious agendas at work at times with officiating crews. Last season, the NBA playoff officiating was so terrible that I didn't even enjoy watching. I like MLB's playoffs and the World Series a lot. And I'm not a baseball guy. The NBA turned me off the way the league is pandering to superstars, home teams, and letting officials at times run amok.

I just want to enjoy the games and the Wizards.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User

Post#337 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:13 am

So a Wizards team with Wall off the bench and just getting its pull rotation of players back one game ago come with in a few pts or some none sucky ref calls of beating LAC on the road on a back to back after beating Denver.

They help LAC to 36% shooting and 5-21 from 3 23%

Either LAC are not as good as advertised or the Wizards are a lot better then advertised.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#338 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:32 am

hands11 wrote:So a Wizards team with Wall off the bench and just getting its pull rotation of players back one game ago come with in a few pts or some none sucky ref calls of beating LAC on the road on a back to back after beating Denver.

They help LAC to 36% shooting and 5-21 from 3 23%

Either LAC are not as good as advertised or the Wizards are a lot better then advertised.

Its somewhere in-between. This team, with Wall back, would be above .500, easily, no questions in my mind. You can say it'll be a blessing in that we'll get a useful lotto pick out of it barring a miraculous run. We match up well with athletic unskilled teams, and badly with FCs that actually have some skill in their game. We still lost the game on rebounding. Randy shouldn't allow a single damn player to leak out in transition until all 5 guys crash the boards. Jan shoulda gotten minutes over Seraphin tonight. Seraphin played tired and like he didn't know what he was doing. He's the Rod Gardner of basketball, completely 50/50.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#339 » by dangermouse » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:24 am

Crawford SUCKS.

Which Crawford? All of them tonight except Jamal.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
MD's Finest
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#340 » by MD's Finest » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Everytime I have seen us go against Griffin he seems to get the most ticky tack calls, and they seem to call allot of contact that he initiates in the post. The fake elbow and the booker fouls were bad but there was one where he got stuck under the bakset and jumped backward into Nene and flailed with no real shot attempt and got a call. With the poor rebounding, FT shooting and turnovers can't really say the refs cost us the game but they definitely made it a tougher climb.

The best part I think about the game was the fact the Wiz did not havea great game and still were right there, they just never let the Clips put them away and if not for a couple big plays from CP3 and some bad FT shooting really could have had this one down the stretch. I just like the whole vibe of the team right now, everyone seems into it and they are getting contributions from so many guys.

Return to Washington Wizards