Exploration of Trade

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Exploration of Trade 

Post#21 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:28 am

Maf wrote:Warriors fans can throw any names and it means ****. First- Barnes and Klay are Warriors future. Second- we can't have kindergarden of a team and expect great things of them.

there was a confirmed rumor that the Warriors were calling the Nuggets offering the 7th pick for Chandler, you know the pick they used on Barnes, I would not say it was a stretch to think they may be tired of rebuilding after 20 years and want to get some young veterans to improve their team for a run now and in the next few years as opposed to trying to develop more young talent to spread around the league.
patrol345
Junior
And1: 21

Post#22 » by patrol345 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:03 pm

reddick would be a very good addition and im sure karl would play him, however it would cost us jham and a 1st to get him so I guess if they can get a first for mozgov I guess the 1st doesnt hurt, but I have a feeling jham would blow up on a team that gives him consistent playing time and that really sucks because jham has the potential to be better than reddick karl just doesnt believe that.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#23 » by eathb_au » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:16 pm

I think Jham will be important next year as I doubt we will re-sign Brewer.

Involving him in a trade for Reddick is too risky since we probably can't keep Reddick unless we're sending out a bigger contract like Chandler or Miller.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#24 » by pickIBL » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Rebel is correct about the aging process. It is the back to backs (overnight travel) and the grind of all those NBA games that just wear on you. Gasol is on the way down. The only question is... is he walking down the hill or jumping off the cliff? He doesn't make sense for the Nuggets long-term.

And yes as I've stated you can expect the Warriors to be interested in a proven vet wing that plays D like Iggy... and they have been desperate for a healthy center... McGee.

If we could buy out Tomic or trade up for Len... I'd be all ears. And credit that to the play of Koufos.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#25 » by Maf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:37 pm

I wrote longer response to you Rebel but it's not showed in here. So again and in shorter version.

Gasol has bad contract. Ok.
Gasol plays bad this season. Ok.
You think Olympics is weak competition. Don't agree but respect your opinion. I'm sure teams like France or Russia would beat many NBA teams. Spain is division winner material.

Gasol had one good game at Olympics. No, he averaged 19+8 in 4X10min/Q tournament.
Gasol goes downhill for three years. No way. He was 19+10 two seasons ago. 18+11 in play offs. Last year 17+10 while Bynum getting more touches. Yes, Gasol had very bad postseason last year.
Gasol's loosing his athleticism. Who cares? His games is finesse. He won't forget how to post up or shoot or pass.

I'm 28. So not young anymore but feeling good. :wink:
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Mass Rig
Senior
And1: 264

Post#26 » by Mass Rig » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Gasol at the 5 could still tear up the league on a nightly basis. He needs to play on a slow-pace team, though, the old triangle fit him perfectly.
um.
Junior
And1: 78

Post#27 » by um. » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:35 pm

If Iggy decides to sign a long term deal for less money, I can see the core of this team being very good over the next few years...Maybe we don't need a trade. I guess we'll see playing the Thunder tonight.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#28 » by pickIBL » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Why would Iggy give Denver a hometown discount? We didn't draft him... he hasn't lived here for years in a situation where he has kids going to school in Denver... roots and all that. Iggy is going to try and get paid.
um.
Junior
And1: 78

Post#29 » by um. » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:59 am

If thats the case we need to trade his ass...I'm so upset at losing Afflalo. Also I'd love to see us trade for Josh Smith...I think he'd be great in our offense, especially with all the lineups GK uses.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by The Rebel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:49 pm

I still don't get the fascination with Josh Smith, the guy has always been horribly ineffecient on offense, is smaller then Faried, and he has always had a horrible attitude. I just don't see it working with him in Denver, especially while Karl is the head coach.
patrol345
Junior

Post#31 » by patrol345 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 am

Anyone think we should trade for tyreke evans? I personally think we could get the same production from him as iggy. Maybe a touch less defense.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by The Rebel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm

patrol345 wrote:Anyone think we should trade for tyreke evans? I personally think we could get the same production from him as iggy. Maybe a touch less defense.

Why do we need another guy who cannot shoot and wants the ball in his hands? Now if we could get a 3D type for starting SG and trade out Igoudala, and then somehow get Evans in the deal I would take him, but I would not make him a target without some other big changes on the roster.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#33 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Is Moz still on the trading block? Have you heard what you guys are trying to get for him?

We would like him back if anything as insurance as it seems all our bigs get injured.
patrol345
Junior

Post#34 » by patrol345 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Rebel. I think we should go after evans because he shoots no worse than iggy from deep. He has better ball handling skills with less turnovers and I think he could be had for cheap and resigned for around 8 million a year. Plus more upside than iggy and we could move iggy for a pick in this draft and due to the crappy karl designed defense I really don't think the drop off is that much.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Post#35 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:16 am

Would you deal Faried for Trsitan Thompson if you had the chance? Or is it a lateral move?
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#36 » by Maf » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:37 am

loot wrote:Would you deal Faried for Trsitan Thompson if you had the chance? Or is it a lateral move?

Have you lost your mind? Nobody would trade Faried for Thompson unless Cavs add their unprotected first round pick. :wink:
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#37 » by pickIBL » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:30 pm

TT aint worth much at all. Even with that pick... still keeping Faried. Hell no.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#38 » by eathb_au » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:24 pm

McGee and Brewer for Garnett and Lee

Koufos / Mozgov
Garnett / Faried
Gallinari / Chandler
Iguodala / Lee
Lawson / Miller

That would give Denver 4 players in the starting lineup with a hugely positive DRAPM rating according to: http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com

Would you guys do it?
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,843

Post#39 » by mcmurphy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:02 pm

eathb_au wrote:McGee and Brewer for Garnett and Lee

Koufos / Mozgov
Garnett / Faried
Gallinari / Chandler
Iguodala / Lee
Lawson / Miller

That would give Denver 4 players in the starting lineup with a hugely positive DRAPM rating according to: http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com

Would you guys do it?

Where do I sign?

Great starters (with veteran presence) and great subs... with this team give me OKC in western final and Miami in champ finals... I'm not fear... a la guerre
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#40 » by pickIBL » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Faried isn't going to the bench. Garnett would play the 5 and Koufos would come off the bench

Return to Denver Nuggets