ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Tim Donaghy

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Re: OT: Tim Donaghy 

Post#21 » by egelband » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:14 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:There's a story with legs here if a journalist has the balls to go after it and connect the dots...

you, sir, said a mouthful. sadly, we'll never hear of it and continue to get...weird...ref'ing
I dunno.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#22 » by egelband » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Melo is a bit of a whiner too though. But occasionally he'll get wacked across the head and you even see his headband fall or get moved and still there is no-call. That's actually happed quite a few times this season.

prigs got his nose re-located yesterday with an elbow. but the only people in the arena to miss it - and the arena was full of 'foreigners' - were alltherefs. i'm not even saying theyre biased, just crap.
I dunno.
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#23 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:49 pm

1Hugo7 wrote:So, I finally got to read some of the things Tim Donaghy said about the NBA and its official. A lot of people seems to be flamming him (blaming) but shouldn't David Stern be on a hot seat? I know there's probably not enough proof to bring stern down but how did these died out without effecting the NBA in a bad way?

http://m.deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts- ... ou-to-read

This is 4 year old news.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,478

Post#24 » by j4remi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:Carmelo has been to the line 244 times in 31 games, Lebron 241 times in 38 games, and KD 342 times in 39 games. He gets hacked but he also gets to the line more than Lebron but so does Harden whose been to the line 387 times.

A player can get to the line 1000 times for all I care, if he blatant gets hit in the head and shoulder area without getting the calls...there's an issue. With Shaq and Dwight is sorta made sense because they were so physically dominant, but we saw Shaq get into altercations often in his youth and Dwight along with his coach at the time railed against the league for bias. With Melo who isn't a physically dominating force, it makes less sense that we see similar bias.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Post#25 » by Bigmo5246 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 pm

I wanna know what kind of game the refs had going in the first game of the playoffs last year against Miami. That was the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed as a fan.

And I don't trust NBA refs. Never have and never will.

They should replace them every damn year to get rid of the bums like Bavetta and Crawford. Very unlikely that would happen, but it should be done.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#26 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 am

I just wish I had enough financial capital to research games/crews and bet on them so I could make some $ off this giant scam.

I mean, there are obvious ones, like always bet against the Spurs in a Joey Crawford game, cuz the team will likely be without Duncan.

But other times, it can be tricky. I would love to hire Donaghy as my financial planner.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#27 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:42 am

It's a rare day that I will complain about calls, mainly because I do not feel they influence a game to the point of wins and losses.

The refs are bad all over the place, that's an element every team faces.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#28 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:09 am

here is the NBA admitting again the refs made a mistake.......

With one second remaining in the fourth quarter of the Chicago Bulls-Toronto Raptors game on January 16, officials called a foul on Chicago’s Joakim Noah as Toronto’s Amir Johnson gathered the ball while driving to the basket. The officials ruled the foul was on the floor but upon review at the league office, the video replay confirmed that the foul should have been called a shooting foul with Johnson receiving two free throws.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nba-admits-botched-call-raptors-loss-bulls-video-234711024--nba.html

Poor Raptors, this is the second time this season.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
msg4k90
Junior
And1: 84

Post#29 » by msg4k90 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 am

see, when melo doesn't get any calls he becomes frustrated and he loses focus. same can be said for tyson chandler.

the ref's must love it when the knicks play physical games. when you get whacked so many times and no fouls are called, how much ---- are you gonna take?

edit:

melo should play safer, so he doesn't get hit as much.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,370

Post#30 » by Vertical Limit » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:30 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Brooklyn_Yards wrote:Carmelo has been to the line 244 times in 31 games, Lebron 241 times in 38 games, and KD 342 times in 39 games. He gets hacked but he also gets to the line more than Lebron but so does Harden whose been to the line 387 times.

Lebron gets away with a lot of non-calls though...

Yeah but so does Darrelle Revis against my Dolphins so unless you're a Giants' fan, we're even.
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#31 » by Daaaarryyl » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:53 pm

aj49689 wrote:The crazy thing is, I remember these games. I was so sure the kings would win vs lakers and was pissed at the bogus calls in those games. WOW, just wow, and why can't they let the NBA be real? Sorry Chris Webber, they took that on from you.

Yep, I'll never forget that Kings-Lakers series. Had none of this come out with Donaghy and you asked me what was the most absurdly officiated game Id ever seen it was game 6 of that series.

We always see questionable and even blatantly bad calls but that was the first time in my life watching sports that I actually thought something really shady was going on...it was too obvious..

IIRC, there was a play late in the game (after LA kept getting the benefit of whistle after whistle after freakin whistle) where Mike Bibby was either headbutted or hit pretty hard by an elbow or something and everyone was expecting a possible flagrant foul to be called, and they actually called the foul on BIBBY, with blood dripping down his damn face.

Absolutely criminal that game was..
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
Ewing33
Senior
And1: 172

Post#32 » by Ewing33 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:
Ewing33 wrote:Not to be a plug whore, which I am...but a while back I interviewed Tim Donaghy. I asked him about the game being fixed and how he runs his sports betting website based on his knoweldge of the game. I also spoke with a friend of mine who is a columnist for Slam Magizine about the game being fixed and his take on it. If anyone has interest I'll post the links below. Sorry for the whorish behavior but I felt like it actually fit the convo perfectly. Thanks to anyone who checks it out, hope it gives more insight to the deadspin article

Donaghy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKnD9bX4 ... ata_player

Slam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUgNceet ... ata_player

Just watched the second interview, funny stuff man, really cool show... little over the top but I guess that's what makes it great...

Thank you very much sir! Always nice to hear.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,478

Post#33 » by j4remi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 am

Thugger HBC wrote:It's a rare day that I will complain about calls, mainly because I do not feel they influence a game to the point of wins and losses.

The refs are bad all over the place, that's an element every team faces.

I don't even think "the refs suck" is important when we're discussing Donaghy and the concept that the refs not only suck at their jobs but do trivial things like betting on who can go the longest without blowing their whistle or who can give out the quickest T...especially in our Technical littered year.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks