ImageImageImage

MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,002

MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In 

Post#1 » by shrink » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:43 pm

MIN GIVES: Derrick Williams + MEM 1st + make MIN 1st unprotected + Ridnour + Roy
MIN GETS: Gortat + Dudley + Ariza

PHX GIVES: Gortat + Dudley + Beasley
PHX GETS: Derrick Williams + MEM 1st + GSW 1st + make MIN 1st unprotected + expirings (Roy + Raja Bell)

UTA GIVES: Raja Bell + GSW 1st
UTA GETS: Ridnour

WAS GIVES: Ariza
WAS GETS: Beasley

This is an "all-in" deal for MIN for the next two years. PHX posters have said this:

phx#7 wrote:But just because they're not in win now mode doesn't mean they'll move guys for the sake of moving them. I'd prefer to move Gortat and Dudley for young prospects and picks but if the Suns can't get adequate value that makes sense then may as well just hold on to them and re-evaluate their value in the off-season.

I'd say, still try to sign Pek next year too, and go into the lux. Pek, Gortat, Love is ultra-scary. Rubio, Shved, Buddinger, and Kirilenko is scary too.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Re: MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In 

Post#2 » by LordBaldric » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:50 pm

All in to what? First round exit or bust? What a terrible idea.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#3 » by Maefteda » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:54 pm

Don't think Wizards do this. They get another "bonehead" in Beasley, a type they have tried to get rid of (McGee+N.Young). All the while they help another team get DWill, who they want for themselves.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#4 » by [RCG] » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:13 pm

This is the type of move that has kept the Wolves in the late lotto.

Gortat gives us insurance in case Pek leaves, but only for a year. Dudley is a solid contributor but Ariza shouldn't be seen as a positive. Yet we give two first round picks, Derrick Williams, Ridnour and Roy?

If Lakers figure it out they will be the 8th team in when Houston falls off. If we had Budinger and Love healthy it would be a different story but with them out for most of the season we still don't have the firepower to make a charge.

The lack of player development is really going to bite us in a couple years.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,002

Post#5 » by shrink » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:37 am

Maefteda wrote:Don't think Wizards do this. They get another "bonehead" in Beasley, a type they have tried to get rid of (McGee+N.Young). All the while they help another team get DWill, who they want for themselves.

You may be right about "bonehead" part. I was looking to add value to the PHX part by moving Beasley, but clearly we can't take him back. My thinking was that if WAS is trying to take big chances, they'd like him over the certainly-negative-value Ariza. I wasn't adding him to the Wolves to add value, he's just easier to swallow for us than Beasley.

I also was trying to give PHX multiple late picks that they can shotgun at the second half of the lottery to find a talent, or use them to move up in the draft or in a sign-and-trade next year. I understand it's harder to create value with lots of small, slightly positive pieces, but with three late picks, Derrick Williams and moving Beasley, maybe I'm overshooting their return.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
teamwillow
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#6 » by teamwillow » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:15 am

I think our trades need to be marginal due to the fact we haven't gotten to see how good this roster does when healthy. Especially if CJ/Jelloball are good additions, we could still be a playoff team
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#7 » by Tirion » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:17 am

shrink wrote: My thinking was that if WAS is trying to take big chances, they'd like him over the certainly-negative-value Ariza.

Beasley has more in the negative column than Ariza:

1) his contract is longer;
2) he's a malcontent/cancer;
3) he doesn't play any defense, so he hurts you more.

At this point Beasley's contract is close to unmovable.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#8 » by The J Rocka » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:07 am

Tirion wrote:
shrink wrote: My thinking was that if WAS is trying to take big chances, they'd like him over the certainly-negative-value Ariza.

Beasley has more in the negative column than Ariza:

1) his contract is longer;
2) he's a malcontent/cancer;
3) he doesn't play any defense, so he hurts you more.

At this point Beasley's contract is close to unmovable.

Not to mention, they moved all the dumbasses off the team to change the atmosphere/culture (ie: Blatche, McGee).

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves