ImageImage

Bucks named "potential suitor" for Millsap

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Re: Bucks named "potential suitor" for Millsap 

Post#41 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:47 pm

DrugBust wrote:I wonder if Orlando may have any interest in Ellis. I'd rather have Redick at this point than Millsap.

Depends on what each costs. If both cost the same (which I doubt, obviously), then I'm taking Millsap all day. Dunleavy fills the Redick role then.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#42 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:50 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I wonder if Orlando may have any interest in Ellis. I'd rather have Redick at this point than Millsap.

Depends on what each costs. If both cost the same (which I doubt, obviously), then I'm taking Millsap all day. Dunleavy fills the Redick role then.

As an asset and player, Millsap's obviously better. But I'd factor in cost to acquire and re-sign. Fit is a big factor too. Redick helps the backcourt a ton.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#43 » by JayMKE » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Redick is a decent player but I cant see him being a starter.

Milsap is a great player, not sure about the fit tho. 4 is our most stacked position and we'd have to give up quite a bit to get him plus he's a FA? Seems unrealistic.
FREE GIANNIS
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#44 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 pm

I still want Gasol. We wouldn't have to work for an extension and he brings some extra size and post touch.

How about:

Bucks: Gasol, Burks
Jazz: illy, LRM, Tobes
Lakers: Millsap and Dalembert

I don't love Burks like most, but gives an extra body on the perimeter.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#45 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 pm

I think the whole purpose here is to see if Utah will take on our two PFs who have been underperforming (ersan and udoh) for a more consistent and productive PF that would match better against the carlos boozer's, david west's, and amare's in the playoffs. And of course to improve on our respectable 21-18 record.

Anyhow, we have the assets to roll the dice a little and make this a better team. Let's see Hammond's talent at the deadline.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#46 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm still on the Gasol bandwagon. Monta/Gooden/Udoh or Dalembert or Monta/Ersan and have them throw in Meeks. Use whatever you have left (Ersan/Dalembert/Udoh) to try and get another wing.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
JayMKE
RealGM

Re: Bucks named 

Post#47 » by JayMKE » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 pm

LedZepp007 wrote:I still want Gasol. We wouldn't have to work for an extension and he brings some extra size and post touch.

How about:

Bucks: Gasol, Burks
Jazz: illy, LRM, Tobes
Lakers: Millsap and Dalembert

I don't love Burks like most, but gives an extra body on the perimeter.

Why would you want Pau Gasol, OVER Paul Milsap no less? He's averaging 12 and 8, gets paid $20 mil a season, has plantar fasciitis and arthritic knees. That's way more than Gasol is currently worth btw.
FREE GIANNIS
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#48 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:14 pm

I'd take Millsap over Gasol.
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#49 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'm still on the Gasol bandwagon. Monta/Gooden/Udoh or Dalembert or Monta/Ersan and have them throw in Meeks. Use whatever you have left (Ersan/Dalembert/Udoh) to try and get another wing.

Gasol and Meeks? Wow. Maybe we can get Robert Sacre too if we throw in a 1st.

Gasol was a great player in this league but he's going down hill. Laker fans know.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#50 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I'd take Millsap over Gasol.

I would as well. I don't think you're getting him for Monta without an asset like Tobes or a first though if they have any interest in the first place.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#51 » by ampd » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Utah already has 4 PFs that need minutes. Seems unlikely they want 2 more.

They'd probably take Jennings for him.
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#52 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:22 pm

ampd wrote:Utah already has 4 PFs that need minutes. Seems unlikely they want 2 more.

Nets are also interested in dealing soon and are looking at PFs. Maybe a 3 way deal. Nets are rumored in both Ersan and Millsap.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#53 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:28 pm

You guys good giving Millsap $12 million or more? Part of the reason I like Ersan more than Millsap for this team is he's paid reasonably as a 3rd big man. I'd keep that in mind given we're likely going to give that kind of money to Henson if he's the guy he looks to be.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#54 » by JayMKE » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:28 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:
ampd wrote:Utah already has 4 PFs that need minutes. Seems unlikely they want 2 more.

Nets are also interested in dealing soon and are looking at PFs. Maybe a 3 way deal. Nets are rumored in both Ersan and Millsap.

The Nets literally have nothing of value on their roster as far as trade chips besides MarSWAG Brooks.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#55 » by JayMKE » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:29 pm

DrugBust wrote:You guys good giving Millsap $12 million or more? Part of the reason I like Ersan more than Millsap for this team is he's paid reasonably as a 3rd big man. I'd keep that in mind given we're likely going to give that kind of money to Henson if he's the guy he looks to be.

No way. Is Milsap even a better player 2-3 years from now than Henson or Sanders?
FREE GIANNIS
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#56 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:I'd take Millsap over Gasol.

I would as well. I don't think you're getting him for Monta without an asset like Tobes or a first though if they have any interest in the first place.

You're probably right. If we package Ersan I would throw in a 1st (which will probably be mid-teens to upper-teens pick most likely) but would not trade Tobias.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#57 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:31 pm

no way in hell I take Alec Burks as our starting shooting guard, anyone that would be happy with Burks over Monta clearly is just a hater and nothing less or more. Only wing on Utahs roster I would consider starting caliber is Gordon Hayward.

Milsap and Hayward would be ideal.

My actual ideal lineup would be moving Jennings and Monta out and revamping with Bledsoe, Hayward and Milsap.

Bledsoe, Hayward, Milsap, Henson, Sanders looks like a winner to me. I know ppl will hate the idea of Milsap at SF and come up with reasons why it wouldnt work but Milsap is MUCH MUCH better than Moute so if Moute is considered our starting SF then there is ZERO reason why Milsap couldnt start over him at the same position.

This is a little off topic but I clearly remember PP25 lobbying for Bledsoe as our starting PG and just about everyone here hating on him for having that opinion. Hopefully everyone has apologized to him for the criticism he took because he had the right idea the whole time. Bledsoe > Jennings. I'd rather have a super athletic PG that goes hard to the rim and can finish rather than a super streaky shooter that settles for contested jumpers consistently. Thats the main reason I prefer Monta to Jennings as well. Atleast Monta can finish at the rim and gets to the foul line. Jennings is terrible when it comes to that facet of his game.

Bledsoe, Hayward, Milsap, Henson, Sanders... keep Dunleavy, Udrih, Lamb, Moute and Udoh as the 2nd unit. Jennings, Monta, Ersan, Dalembert and Gooden should be enough to land us Bledsoe, Hayward and Milsap. Even try and get LAC to throw in Matt Barnes or Utah to throw in Burks or Marvin.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#58 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Except you're not getting Hayward and Burks doesn't necessarily have to be penciled in as the starter. He's just a buy low guy.

And Ellis is junk.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#59 » by H2tObes » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 pm

JayMKE wrote:
DrugBust wrote:You guys good giving Millsap $12 million or more? Part of the reason I like Ersan more than Millsap for this team is he's paid reasonably as a 3rd big man. I'd keep that in mind given we're likely going to give that kind of money to Henson if he's the guy he looks to be.

No way. Is Milsap even a better player 2-3 years from now than Henson or Sanders?

Larry is probably a more impactful player than Millsap right now...Henson will also surely be a starter in 2-3 years and that means we'd be paying a backup 12 million.

No thanks.
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#60 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 pm

I think he would get something per year similar to Ersan's contract, which is $9 million/year.

If we're trading Ersan then that money becomes available.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks