ImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Re: Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch 

Post#721 » by Noonskadoodle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7woZs4yTRU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsc8cd3Rpc4[/youtube]

both of these guys can be very dynamic/versatile players in the NBA.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,631

Post#722 » by Skin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Goodwin and zeller? I'm not really a fan of either. I guess I would go with Bennett or even Burke.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#723 » by drsd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Skin wrote:Goodwin and zeller? I'm not really a fan of either. I guess I would go with Bennett or even Burke.

T'is a very weak draft.

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,631

Post#724 » by Skin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:05 pm

drsd wrote:
Skin wrote:Goodwin and zeller? I'm not really a fan of either. I guess I would go with Bennett or even Burke.

T'is a very weak draft.

Reason I was asking is because I'm participating in a forum mock draft on another board. These things are mostly fun and can get unrealistic fast, but I go in knowing that. I traded Redick and Harkless for Galinari, which I kind of have regrets on. But with the 6th pick I traded down for the 15th and 19th picks. Who should I target with those picks?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#725 » by Noonskadoodle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Skin wrote:
drsd wrote:

T'is a very weak draft.

Reason I was asking is because I'm participating in a forum mock draft on another board. These things are mostly fun and can get unrealistic fast, but I go in knowing that. I traded Redick and Harkless for Galinari, which I kind of have regrets on. But with the 6th pick I traded down for the 15th and 19th picks. Who should I target with those picks?

This might help

http://nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#726 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:37 am

Turn on ESPNU & watch Ionas Lamont MOMO Jones & Sean Armand

Momo Jones is averaging 22 points 4 assists 3 boards

Sean Armand is averaging 19 points 3 assists 6 boards shooting 44% from 3 & has hit 4 3's in a game 4 times, 5 3's in a game once, 7 3's in a game 3 times, 9 3's in a game once, & they played in MSG last year I believe & he broke the record by hitting 10 in a game.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#727 » by KillMonger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:58 pm

It's a shame what happened to CJ McCollum but man i really like his game don't know if he'll go lottery but if we somehow end up with multiple mid first rounders then i HOPE we can snag him. He seems like the kind of Guy Henny would like, High IQ and High Character

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omY6v5jJIjw[/youtube]
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#728 » by BaunceyChillups » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:15 pm

CJ's injury should keep him from being a top 10 pick. If we can get another 1st rounder at the deadline I could see something like drafting a 3 with our own pick and then CJ with the later one. I think pairing him with an off-ball scorer like Otto Porter would be nice.

That said with the success of Paul George and Damian Lillard, maybe GMs will stop underrating productive talents from small schools.
jfinley88
Junior
And1: 0

Post#729 » by jfinley88 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Difference between McCollum and E'Twaun Moore?
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#730 » by Def Swami » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:00 am

MCW with 16 points, 7 assists, 4 steals, and 8 turnovers.
blue and white
Bench Warmer
And1: 57

Post#731 » by blue and white » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:22 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:MCW with 16 points, 7 assists, 4 steals, and 8 turnovers.

yeahhh...Image
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#732 » by Def Swami » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 pm

MCW with 16 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, and 3 turnovers. And this gem:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsM1MrPPfM4[/youtube]

I'm still trying to gauge whether I like MCW's game or not.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#733 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:06 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:MCW with 16 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, and 3 turnovers. And this gem:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsM1MrPPfM4[/youtube]

I'm still trying to gauge whether I like MCW's game or not.

Shoots like Sasser, dribbles like Gaines, with swagger like Jennings.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#734 » by magicman123 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:40 pm

not a fan of MCW
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#735 » by arsenal6106 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:12 pm

TheLead's guy is in the lead according to some GMs.

McLemore Gaining Momentum As GM's Top Pick

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... s_Top_Pick

McLemore is gaining momentum as the potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.

"I spoke with five different GMs this week who told me they'd take him No. 1," wrote Chad Ford. "McLemore has been the best college player I've watched this season. I love him. A great combination of athleticism, length, shooting ability, ball handling and defense. He has the chance to be a very special player at a position that's been very weak over the last five years."
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#736 » by Def Swami » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Chad Ford Chat stuff
Cade (Las Vegas)
Marcus Smart quickly moved up your draft board. What is it that makes him such a draw for NBA teams? Who would you choose as an NBA comparison?

Chad Ford (1:38 PM)
NBA body/strength. Great size for a point guard. Very good passer. Excellent defender. Just a natural leader at his position. If he was a better shooter, he'd be a Top 5 pick. Still not convinced he won't be a Top 5 pick anyway when the dust settles on draft day. Love the Chauncey Billups comparisons.

Aaron (Seattle)
What is Michael-Carter Williams ceiling in terms of a comparable player in the nba?

Chad Ford (1:40 PM)
He's a very unique player. To me he's got a lot of Shaun Livingston in his game before Livingston went down with that catastrophic knee injury. I don't think he's strongly in the mix for the No. 1 pick, but if he went in the Top 5 I wouldn't be shocked. NBA teams LOVE big point guards and I think he's going to prove to be a better shooter than he's shown at Syracuse this year.

Michael (Columbus)
Ben McLemore seems to have the top scoring potential in this years draft class. Think he has a solid chance to be the #1 overall pick?

Chad Ford (1:43 PM)
I do. In fact he's strongly trending in that direction. I spoke with five different GMs this week who told me they'd take him No. 1. Nerlens Noel, Shabazz Muhammad and Alex Len are all in that mix as well, but personally, McLemore has been the best college player I've watched this season. I love him. A great combination of athleticism, length, shooting ability, ball handling and defense. He has the chance to be a very special player at a position that's been very weak over the last five years.

Robbie (Los Angeles)
What are your thoughts on Shabazz? What's keeping him from being a top pick? Great body, great motor, great talent, what's the problem? Had a slow start but that was more the NCAA's fault. Will be an all-star at the shallowest position in the league.

Chad Ford (1:45 PM)
He's in the mix for the No. 1 pick so I'm not exactly sure what "problem" you are seeing. He's played much better of late. His motor, his competitiveness really shine. The biggest knock on him is that he's an undersized three.

Chris (Oakland City)
Any chance that Kentucky's supposed awesome group of Freshmen stay in Lexington one more year?

Chad Ford (1:53 PM)
Nerlens Noel has played well enough to move on. I don't think there's any way he's not a Top 5 pick. Poythress and Goodwin are struggling. Cauley-Stein is a talent, but he's even further away. If this was a strong draft (and if Kentucky didn't have a historic recruiting class coming) I think there would be a strong case for Poythress, Goodwin and Cauley-Stein to stay in school. But given the weakness of this draft, all three still have a good shot at the lottery and most players bolt if that's their draft range.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,200

Post#737 » by thelead » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Anyboby want to come at me now about McLemore VS Shabazz? It's not so far fetched anymore, is it? I don't buy into hype, I watch the games. :naaa:

Seriously though, we NEED a stud. Hopefully we can draft one.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#738 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 pm

thelead wrote:Anyboby want to come at me now about McLemore VS Shabazz? It's not so far fetched anymore, is it? I don't buy into hype, I watch the games. :naaa:

Seriously though, we NEED a stud. Hopefully we can draft one.

i'd be happy with either one. although, neither is proving to be the elite, dominant scorer you'd hope for them to be. Ben has only 5 games where he's scored over 20ppg, and Bazz has 7. I mean, Durant and Carmelo averaged 25 and 22ppg respectively. Beasley averaged 26ppg! My only hope is that they develop the way Rose did (going from a 14.9ppg college player to, well, Derick Rose).

i'd also be happy if we managed to swindle another pick and gave MCW or Smart a shot at PG. although, i'm wary that this has been touted as a weak draft class for a long time, so i'm trying not to buy into too much hype about these guys. they may be talked up now, but that may be because they're the best of a bad bunch. (not talking about McLemore or Bazz). i wouldn't be surprised at all if 'exciting' prospects like MCW and Smart turn out to be Jerryl Sasser or Jamal Crawford 2.0.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#739 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 am

https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Tarot Magician
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#740 » by Tarot Magician » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:This is our guy. http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1850 ... ode=single

He does fit the humble mold of Duncan/Durant. Would not be surprised if the Magic pick him. Only question is, where will he fall and where will our record be?

Return to Orlando Magic