ImageImage

PG: Bucks beat Portland

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Re: PG: Bucks beat Portland 

Post#181 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Nowak008 wrote:2 Portland deals I think could help both teams. Though I'm probably overrating Tobes value to other teams.

Ersan/Udoh/Tobes for Batum

Ersan/Tobes for Mathews/filler

Second deal is pretty crappy. I like Wes too. Much rather see Tobias develop. We can find a Matthews level player if we're smart via FA or draft.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#182 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Nowak008 wrote:2 Portland deals I think could help both teams. Though I'm probably overrating Tobes value to other teams.

Ersan/Udoh/Tobes for Batum

Ersan/Tobes for Mathews/filler

I think you are overrating Tobes a little but Ersan by quite a bit. Also that Portland would be trading a starter in either situation for an $8 million a year guy to back up their best player.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#183 » by mattg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:28 pm

None of the Portland deals are even close. I swear some of you guys don't even look at things from another teams perspective. Portland has zero guard depth and the worst bench in the nba, it's pretty obvious they aren't trading their solid starting SG for what amounts to spare parts. They'd have no one else at that position. As for batum, he's been portlands premier young prospect for years, and has finally broken out after they paid him, why would they ever deal him for what we're offering?
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#184 » by Nowak008 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 am

LUKE23 wrote:
Second deal is pretty crappy. I like Wes too. Much rather see Tobias develop. We can find a Matthews level player if we're smart via FA or draft.

I think it would balance out our team nicely and would make us better this year. Move Ellis to the bench as a instant offense guy and less time on the court where both he and Jennings are not on the court together.

mattg wrote:None of the Portland deals are even close. I swear some of you guys don't even look at things from another teams perspective. Portland has zero guard depth and the worst bench in the nba, it's pretty obvious they aren't trading their solid starting SG for what amounts to spare parts. They'd have no one else at that position. As for batum, he's been portlands premier young prospect for years, and has finally broken out after they paid him, why would they ever deal him for what we're offering?

Well that's why I made those proposals - they have the worst bench in the league. I think the deals come down to what you think of Harris. If you think he isn't worth much, then yea, these deals are trash for Portland.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#185 » by mattg » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:01 am

So they have the worst bench and you propose to 'fix' that problem for them by having them give up a starter(and thus have to start an awful current bench player) while gaining minimal depth? Doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't they just keep their starters, and then sign some FAs to fill out the bench in the offseason?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#186 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:18 am

Nowak008 wrote:
I think it would balance out our team nicely and would make us better this year. Move Ellis to the bench as a instant offense guy and less time on the court where both he and Jennings are not on the court together.

Like I said, rather watch Harris develop. I think by the time he's 25/26 or whatever Matthews is he'll easily be producing what Matthews is offensively, and that's really what the roster needs most right now.

Use Ellis to get a SG prospect or another pick. I'm pretty sure he can if we're smart enough to move him.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#187 » by cellomac1212 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:11 am

LUKE23 wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:

Like I said, rather watch Harris develop. I think by the time he's 25/26 or whatever Matthews is he'll easily be producing what Matthews is offensively, and that's really what the roster needs most right now.

Use Ellis to get a SG prospect or another pick. I'm pretty sure he can if we're smart enough to move him.

Easily be Wes Mathews???
I like Tobes, but Wes is almost an All Star. I don't think there is nothing easy about doing what he does...
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#188 » by cellomac1212 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:15 am

mattg wrote:Why wouldn't they just keep their starters, and then sign some FAs to fill out the bench in the offseason?

No money... Portland is one of the main teams that caused the lockout. They tried to display they were a team consistently making the playoffs but also losing money every year. The reason their bench is so bad now is because they are unwilling to dish out any more money. They already got rid of Roy, Wallace, and Camby in order to pay Batum and save money. I don't see them being any type of factor in free agency...

Edit: Forgot about Felton as well...
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,727

Post#189 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 am

cellomac1212 wrote:
mattg wrote:Why wouldn't they just keep their starters, and then sign some FAs to fill out the bench in the offseason?

No money... Portland is one of the main teams that caused the lockout. They tried to display they were a team consistently making the playoffs but also losing money every year. The reason their bench is so bad now is because they are unwilling to dish out any more money. They already got rid of Roy, Wallace, and Camby in order to pay Batum and save money. I don't see them being any type of factor in free agency...

Edit: Forgot about Felton as well...

You also forgot that they offered Hibbert a max contract. Perhaps you should reconsider the portion in bold.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks