ImageImage

Beno and Godleavy appreciation thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,410

Beno and Godleavy appreciation thread 

Post#1 » by -Jragon- » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 pm

How many times has our bench brought us back into games on nights where the starters are letting games slip away? Sanders is clearly the most improved, but Beno is making a case for himself after his dismal showing last year. Watching Beno and Godleavy play together has been pleasant and fun almost like a VERY poor mans version of when Nash and Dirk played together. Both can pass, make shots efficiently, make smart decisions, and play very well off of each other. Although Beno is a nice shooter, he is very pass first and looks dangerous when on the floor with several weapons around him like Godleavy, Henson, Sanders, and Ellis. It often hurts him when Moute and Ersan have been out there because they are open, he gives them a chance, and they fail too often.

Godleavy is just plain awesome and the best part is that he plays within himself. He leaves the 360's and fadeaways to Ellis although he could probably make most of those shots, too. When Beno or Godleavy shoot I feel happy and confident which is a feeling that I haven't felt since Sam, Ray, Redd and Glen were here. If both are ready for it physically, I'd love to trade Jennings and Gooden for a real live post scorer, start Beno and Godleavy and watch them hit shot after shot off of kickouts and create for the others. That's all off topic, but I propose a toast, let's all raise our glasses for Beno and Godleavy.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Re: Beno and Godleavy appreciation thread 

Post#2 » by M-C-G » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 pm

I really would love to re-up Dunleavy on the same type of deal he has now, but dude definitely deserves to go to a championship caliber team and put them over the top. He is just such a smart, controlled player.

Definitely will miss him once he is gone.
nikip43
Junior
And1: 18

Post#3 » by nikip43 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:56 pm

I agree that these two sharpshooters deserve appreciation for playing some excellent basketball, specifically with their jump shooting and ability to stimulate the offense with movement and passing.

Who are some comparable players in the NBA to either of these guys, specifically Dunleavy? I think the Bucks would be wise to find the “Next Mike Dunleavy Jr.” before he leaves/ages and his skillset and contribution to the team is greatly missed. This player, whoever he is, should be a player that the Bucks look to acquire.

MDJ= Kevin Martin (29) 2013 UFA? Chandler Parsons (24)?

Any other names that people have seen and are high on that are in the MDJ mold?
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by -Jragon- » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:05 pm

They were a combined 7-11 against Portland for 20 points. Godleavy 3-5 from 3 point land.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#5 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 am

there really is avlmost no reason whatsoever we cant resign these guys.... big money and 2 year deals. ideal bench and lockerroom guys for the team. and virtually impossible not to remain tradeable assets unless injured either.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#6 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:30 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:there really is avlmost no reason whatsoever we cant resign these guys.... big money and 2 year deals. ideal bench and lockerroom guys for the team. and virtually impossible not to remain tradeable assets unless injured either.

I'd be stunned if Beno was back next year....he wants more burn than he's getting
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#7 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:35 am

Beno is playing the Luke Ridnour role for Jennings and he is coming into games and steadying the flow and running an offense. That's the difference between Beno & Brandon. Ball movement is great with the second unit.

Dunleavy is playing the Carlos Delfino role except much more consistently and more efficient shooter.

I have a hard time seeing either on the roster next year so we will have to find a backup point and Tobias better be getting big minutes next year.

Dunleavy will have his choice of teams as he's raised his value quite a bit since he signed with us.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#8 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 am

If Brandon took a step up in game and/or we got another good player like a Millsap or Afflalo I would entertain bringing back Mike and maybe Beno. If we keep the same with a minor improvement like Henderson or something at shooting guard I see no reason to bring them back and keep the mediocre wheel spinning.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#9 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:55 am

Yeah Beno's not getting the minutes he deserves. He's gone first chance he gets.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by -Jragon- » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 am

Trade Jennings + for Millsap and roll out this starting lineup.

1. Urih (resign him)
2. Ellis (resign him as slasher/playmaker)
3. Godleavy shooter
4. Millsap post presence
5. Sanders hustle/defense/dunks
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#11 » by aboveAverage » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 am

Beno probably deserves 25 minutes a game at least, and Dunleavy has been fantastic since Moute came back.

Both guys are key to our success this year. Both will be gone next year however.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks